Should The Influencers Get Preferential Treatment Over The Rest Of The Players?

Ylliarus

Yes, I believe even when buried by posts, a great thread can be read just as easily as the influencer's forum section and responded to.

Now, it might take some parsing but there's absolutely no reason why the community management team can't respond to player's concerns on the forums.

Again, this has nothing to do with the influencers, but everything to do with the failure to communicate by BW and their community management team.

Eric explained why he seldom responds to player's concerns on the forums, and it had nothing to do with people "burying" threads with excessive posts.

He explanation was he thought it made more sense to respond after he had substantive information or as he called it a "real update" before responding to threads/posts by the players.

As everyone has said, just acknowledging someone from BW read and understand the player's concerns would go a long way whether or not there is information on a real update available or not.

This failure to acknowledge/communicate has nothing to do with the influencers, I see no correlation between influencers and lack of communication by BW, none.

I mean if people want to focus on this and think that's why BW fails to communicate to players on the forums then they can, I just don't see the logic behind it.

Sometimes the cause of a problem is quite apparent and not so hard to find and in this case I think BW has simply dropped the ball in how they have chosen to communicate to the players.

Again, Eric explained himself and took the blame for it essentially with that explanation.

We're going to have to agree to disagree here. Also, I never addressed Eric not responding, my entire point was predicated on the idea that it was easier to miss quality posts when they are buried by tons of other posts and as a result they may not be seen at all. Whether or not they receive a reply is an entirely different matter.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure Eric and BW are quite capable of reading forum posts/threads and differentiating what is a rant and what is logical reasoning. If I can read through a thread and stay focused on what is sensible and what is not, I am pretty sure professionals like Eric and his team can do it too.

Eric already explained why he has not responded to or acknowledged player's posts in the past, if you'd like I can quote it for you? As you see below, it has nothing to do with "muddying" up the waters in threads.

I enlarged the parts where Eric took full responsibility and even admitted to where he could improve upon regarding how he communicated to the forums for your viewing pleasure.

Personally I think it was stand up for him to admit all that he did, and I hope their communication does indeed improve. Even some of the influencers mentioned in so many words that communication has been lacking for them, too.

By no means do I think its a real issue, but omission of it in his statement does not mean it isnt even a small aspect

We're going to have to agree to disagree here. Also, I never addressed Eric not responding, my entire point was predicated on the idea that it was easier to miss quality posts when they are buried by tons of other posts and as a result they may not be seen at all. Whether or not they receive a reply is an entirely different matter.

I see your point, I agree a post of substantial worth can be missed, but what does that have to do with the influencers having their own forum section? I'd say I agree with you on that point, they probably don't have the volume of posts the regular forums do and a great post won't get buried as easily as here.

Honestly if someone has a good point of concern they ought to create a new thread with the topic headlining it. In that case it's hard to believe BW will miss a thread seeing the forums simply are not that active to bury a thread with excessive amounts of new threads.

So in a nutshell, if someone writes up an awesome post that really needs to be seen and for some reason BW doesn't respond to it, then we as the community ought to bring it to light with a thread of it's own. Then the ball is in BW's court whether or not they respond to it.

I guess I don't understand what the point is though of mentioning that the influencer's forum section is less likely to have buried posts... :o

No influencers shouldn't get any kinda special treatment over the rest of the community. And wanna know why? They turn into shills plan and simple. And this game doesn't need shills it needs people calling EA and Bioware out for everything they have pulled on gamers.

Influencers is a joke in itself, why people need someone else to tell hem how to play a game is beyond me.

Why would I want to waste my time listening to some self obsessed muppet waffling on with the party line?

Be safe

Because people don't have enough politics IRL apparently...