Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

miyukee
05.01.2017 , 07:50 AM | #771
Quote: Originally Posted by lunabaguna View Post
Go sith warrior, Quinn is dreamy
ILL HAVE TO AGREE *winks*

Reluctance
05.04.2017 , 01:13 AM | #772
Dear everyone,

I am the OP of this thread. I recently decided to revisit this charming little game to see how the story had progressed.

I regret to inform you all that after five and a half long years, Vector - quite unlike cheese, wine and whiskey - has not improved with age. As I finished the romance and thus far he has had exactly nothing further to say on the topic, I took a walk down memory lane via YouTube and can only reconfirm that his flirtation dialogue and the agent's responses drop woodenly into conversations previously exclusive to the extermination aisle of your local hardware store. The only cheer his presence has caused me is amusement at his standing idly behind me as as I flirt shamelessly with both Lana and Theron; I assume because communing with the hivemind is more important than reading the NUMEROUS. SIGNS. of an actively disinterested girlfriend or wife or whatever it is I ended up being. I am looking forward to his eventual departure, hopefully via the X-70B Phantom airlock.

Given the nature of my OP I am somewhat perturbed by how this thread morphed into a shrine dedicated to the very object of my displeasure. I can only say that clouds of formic acid generally do not feature in my idea of a desirable relationship and arguably they should probably not feature collectively in yours.

If my agent could have traded Vector out for Saganu on Hoth I think her life would have improved immeasurably. Alas, Theron will have to do.

Edit: Although actually, Theron's not that great so far either - playing on the Empire side, I've had barely any opportunities to flirt with him and then suddenly my agent is like "HO HO LIKE ME SO MUCH YOU'RE SENDING ME AWAY RIGHT" and he is like "THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE CASE, WOMAN I BARELY KNOW." I assume it flows better when you're on the Republic side.

SteveTheCynic
05.04.2017 , 06:47 AM | #773
Quote: Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
Edit: Although actually, Theron's not that great so far either - playing on the Empire side, I've had barely any opportunities to flirt with him and then suddenly my agent is like "HO HO LIKE ME SO MUCH YOU'RE SENDING ME AWAY RIGHT" and he is like "THAT IS ABSOLUTELY THE CASE, WOMAN I BARELY KNOW." I assume it flows better when you're on the Republic side.
There are definite signs that the writers really, really like Lana Beniko, but aren't so enamoured of Theron. That said, the character I'm finally going to KotFE-romance Theron with (for real, this time, honest)(1) is ready to start KotFE (Shadow in tank spec who, for once, didn't romance her romance-target companion, nor flirt with anyone else except The Pacifist), but I'm having serious "do I want to go on with this train wreck" issues about the whole game.(2)

(1) I planned this on my Commandogirl main, but for reasons previously documented in these very forums, it didn't happen that way.

(2) I'm not super pleased about the Galactic Command thing, but it's OK,(3) I guess. However, the War on Iokath story is bugged for me, and doesn't offer me the obviously-missing third choice to tell both the Republic and the Empire to haul their sorry a*ses off my turf.

(3) I've built good enough gear using it to challenge the notionally better-geared tanks in my guild's Ops group for aggro generation, and to save a wipe against the hovertank bosses in Explosive Conflict. It was really fun finishing these two enraged monsters (maybe 3-5% health left each, but still) by myself without getting killed, with the whole group cheering me on in Discord.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Mycenia
06.07.2017 , 10:17 AM | #774
Dear everyone,

I am the OP of this thread. I recently decided to revisit this charming little game to see how the story had progressed...

...Given the nature of my OP I am somewhat perturbed by how this thread morphed into a shrine dedicated to the very object of my displeasure. I can only say that clouds of formic acid generally do not feature in my idea of a desirable relationship and arguably they should probably not feature collectively in yours.
I have been slowly making my way through this 78 page, 6 year-old thread (talk about staying power) and about half-way through I wondered what OP would think of what it had evolved into. So, getting to this was pure gold. Granted, I'm with the dissenters here, as I love Vector so far, but... It still made my day.

JamagsAwesome
06.07.2017 , 10:53 AM | #775
While I've only played a male agent (at least, far enough through the story to reach Alderaan), I will say Vector is one of my favorite Agent companions. Kaliyo has some funny moments, but I was really just wondering why my Agent hadn't ditched her yet - having a history of backstabbing everyone you partner up with is a bit of a turn-off for him, you see. Dr. Lokin was a cool sort of mentor character for my Agent (I do like how he's always friendly and helpful, but is not remotely trustworthy), but I felt like nothing really came of his conversations. I wanted to like Raina, but I found her boring and my Agent didn't like how she handled the situation with her father at all, so that romance path kind of crashed and burned on two levels (oh, and the dialogue-says-you're-married-even-if-you-shut-them-down bug/oversight happens with Raina, too). I like SCORPIO, but much like Kaliyo, I don't see why my Agent didn't space her at the first available opportunity.

That leaves Vector, who's:
A: A decent guy.
B: Not a spy.
C: Not a chronic backstabber.
D: Loyal (I guess this is the same thing as point C).
E: Actually interesting.

I have two low-level female Agents, and when I get around to them, I'll probably have one romance Vector and the other be totally grossed out by him.
Star Forge | The Scruffy Legacy
Satele Shan | The Shianna Legacy

Jepac
10.10.2017 , 08:29 PM | #776
I can only say that clouds of formic acid generally do not feature in my idea of a desirable relationship and arguably they should probably not feature collectively in yours.
You stick to your kinks and I'll stick to mine

So happy about Vectors return, even if the kotfe/kotet story has completely destroyed my original intention of having Nine and Vector pick up the work of the Star Cabal and continue influencing galactic events from the shadows through, ah, alternate diplomatic means.

LordFell
10.12.2017 , 06:51 PM | #777
My Agent is just a pretty femme, yearning to be turned out by butch Kaliyo.

...This character is about ready to start KotFE. I can only hope the flirting goes somewhere, eventually.

Lilaethe
05.08.2018 , 03:43 AM | #778
So, it's now 2018, and I have to say that Vector is my favourite SWTOR romance. I was running a male IA, and emjoyed their interactions so much I started running a female one almost in tandem, because, Vector.

LeelaSeventen
05.08.2018 , 11:10 AM | #779
i disagree with the topic I think he is one of the few good romances in the game. The other ones are Aric, Torian if you are into the mandalorian stuff and Felix.
Ryver Song (smuggler) vastra Paternoster (smuggler) Lanna Torress (consulor)

Swingkittie
05.16.2018 , 01:40 AM | #780
Imperial Agent is one of my favorite classes to play. I have a few female agents. Only one romanced Vector. I could not get past those creepy eyes. Even the scene when you apparently sleep with him and your character says, " WHY VECTOR WHAT BEAUTIFUL EYES YOU HAVE!" On my screen he still has bug eyes! I haven't taken any agents through KOTFE/KOTET yet except a free 60 token (male) one. But that wasn't the same as I like to play my character's from level one up. To this day, I never found this romance interesting at all. He is okay as a non-love interest companion. I felt the same about Felix Ilresso. In fact, when I first leveled my Jedi Counselor I hoped either Tharan or Zenith would be romance able. Then Tharan has all these weird hologram love issues and that ended up creeping me out. He reminds me of Krieger (from Archer) lol.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!