If this game dies I’m turning it into a single player emulator 😈🤣😂

DarthSealth

I’m not giving up on this game but if the Devs do than that’s on them same with EA also I don’t care about conduct, policies or licenses etc.

This is a man who won the lotto but wouldn’t buy a Lambo instead bought a Mark 2 Jag lol

(Well it was more because it was the old bank robbers car and it did feel like I robbed the bank 😉)

• 2 weeks later...
I’m not giving up on this game but if the Devs do than that’s on them same with EA also I don’t care about conduct, policies or licenses etc.

This is a man who won the lotto but wouldn’t buy a Lambo instead bought a Mark 2 Jag lol

(Well it was more because it was the old bank robbers car and it did feel like I robbed the bank 😉)

Yep so you think I hope you have the server side of the game...if not then it wont happen.

Dealing with EA ....best off going to a drug lord and make a deal.

Earth and beyond a long and OLD and DEAd game and it is a EMU now...NO thanks to EA WE the fans of it re-wrote the entire server side from 1000s of screen shots and pen and paper info...it took several years and several people had to go to school for C++ and other stuff ...

I was mainly a editor for Clipping issues .

EA wanted a outrages amount for the Game plus a %% of all earnings was to be no earnings just a free game for the fans of it.

EA allowed US to do so but under some force choking rules.

1. WE could not compiled the EXE which we could have I had all of fords computing power available but it was a no no.

2. can not charge anything for the game though we donate so we can pay for the server we run it on.

3. We can not change the front end to the game . So when we launch the game we had to create a luanch point then it went right to EA aka WESTWOODS front end ot log in then once logged in and then jumps to our access whatever...that causes issues

1a. since we had and have to work around the exe that causes odd issues like debuffing doesnt always work right damage isnt always right Mobs act weird...

But that is the life of a EMU

Now once we source coded it our-self we found a ton of content we never had access too and we opened it all up so many new sectors stations lots of stuff hidden as possible new content when ever...

PLUS there DISNEY yeah the ones who could CRUSH EA and wish they would...I hate the last JEDI but I know the power of the MOUSE...EA is big but small compared to DISNEY and the MOUSE..

SO making this a EMU that will never happen...though you can get around a lotof it but it would require so much work by making sure nothing was the same pish

took 7 years to get E&B running and I still play it from time to time..But even as old as it is EA never allows anything to leave it they fear someone might make something they killed into something GREAT which swtor never was it was OKAY at best.

Let this game die when it does.. That number 1 MMORPG still out earns it has more then 5 staff every game they make is a block buster and LASTS...

ugh I need to put my head in a vice now...

Len

Ya I really cant believe all this either. Here we all are right in a "Star Wars Resurgence", movies coming out all the time and what does E.A. do, they manage to get BF2 scorned for a number of reasons, This long running game down to a crawl and even topped all that off with getting themselves into the "Top 5 most Hated Companies". (Money over Customer's approval).But anyway; I'll be here as long as SWTOR is going then my money stops. I do hope something of this goes on though :) .

Yep so you think I hope you have the server side of the game...if not then it wont happen.

Dealing with EA ....best off going to a drug lord and make a deal.

Earth and beyond a long and OLD and DEAd game and it is a EMU now...NO thanks to EA WE the fans of it re-wrote the entire server side from 1000s of screen shots and pen and paper info...it took several years and several people had to go to school for C++ and other stuff ...

I was mainly a editor for Clipping issues .

EA wanted a outrages amount for the Game plus a %% of all earnings was to be no earnings just a free game for the fans of it.

EA allowed US to do so but under some force choking rules.

1. WE could not compiled the EXE which we could have I had all of fords computing power available but it was a no no.

2. can not charge anything for the game though we donate so we can pay for the server we run it on.

3. We can not change the front end to the game . So when we launch the game we had to create a luanch point then it went right to EA aka WESTWOODS front end ot log in then once logged in and then jumps to our access whatever...that causes issues

1a. since we had and have to work around the exe that causes odd issues like debuffing doesnt always work right damage isnt always right Mobs act weird...

But that is the life of a EMU

Now once we source coded it our-self we found a ton of content we never had access too and we opened it all up so many new sectors stations lots of stuff hidden as possible new content when ever...

PLUS there DISNEY yeah the ones who could CRUSH EA and wish they would...I hate the last JEDI but I know the power of the MOUSE...EA is big but small compared to DISNEY and the MOUSE..

SO making this a EMU that will never happen...though you can get around a lotof it but it would require so much work by making sure nothing was the same pish

took 7 years to get E&B running and I still play it from time to time..But even as old as it is EA never allows anything to leave it they fear someone might make something they killed into something GREAT which swtor never was it was OKAY at best.

Let this game die when it does.. That number 1 MMORPG still out earns it has more then 5 staff every game they make is a block buster and LASTS...

ugh I need to put my head in a vice now...

Len

I don’t know Disney can override EA at any given time if you look at making Battlefront 2 (2005) multiplayer updated to work again.

Also to note the fan made Battlefront 3 using free radicals assets provided by ex employees, as a person who is good friends in the modding community I know first hand via communication that EA stop the fan made Battlefront 3 that ended up in a name change, Disney was fine as long as it doesn’t hurt the franchise and is for non-profitable use.

I also have a link who has acknowledged that in the pipeline The multiplayer for Star Wars Galaxies will be turned back on as Disney has acknowledged the importance of older games still being supported especially ones with a large following like KOTOR 2 which has a larger cult following than KOTOR 1 similar to that of Battlefront 2 (2005).

So given the time while EA’s license runs out we’d mostly see more support and I can see a time where Disney will reinstate Lucasarts and possibly take control of SWTOR with more funding and manpower.

But we will see if you’ve searched one of my older replies to a post (I stated the Single player Star Wars game being created will become a new MMO) long before Visceral got closed and the official statement had been released on the games rework.

I doubt EA would invest in another MMO well in any time soon and certainly not via BW after the constant flops like ME:A and this.

Although I have had this idea as much as we’re all told about this new Star Wars “RPG” next year coming out makes me wonder if this could be a MMO or With MMO aspects similar to a multiplayer game where you hit multiplayer and end up in the multiplayer instance.

But honestly MMOs are a dying breed and they’re definitely not the best source of how to get your bread buttered.

Anthem, which comes out next year, will make or break BioWare. If that game is a hit, EA will let BioWare do anything. That game has the potential to be as profitable for EA as Destiny is profitable for Activision.

The new Star Wars game, which is being made by Visceral, is not an MMO. It's a single player 3rd person action game, similar in style to the Uncharted games. The lead writer is Amy Hennig, who wrote the story for the first three Uncharted games. That will release next year, while Respawn also has a Star Wars 3rd person action game coming in 2019. EA's strategy seems to be having a Star Wars game release at least once every year, so we'll have to see how things play out.

Oh you got your wires crossed I didn’t say it is a MMO because I know they have declared it a RPG but I have my superstition that we will see more than we have bargain for.

Single player games don’t seem like the type of bread and butter it use to be everything is about DLC etc. So I can see a multiplayer element but how far we will have to see.

Prolly because people use to talk each other about what they got and how far they’re. Now days everyone shows each other via in game.

Edited by DarthSealth

I hope you keep all the CM items in collections unlocked and turn all OPS into solo. ;] You'd be a legend.

Yeah I’d also want a combo so all the good bits of 2.x and onwards gets put into patch 1.5 lol

Old skill trees, stats, base classes, stances, no level lock, companions with roles, SAVAGE KICK 😘

Certain things I’d want from newer patches would be outfit designer, new abilities, increased lvl cap, new gear.

Maybe a few other bits. But it’d have to be a merge between the two I couldn’t have a SWTOR post CU it would have to be pre CU but with handy post CU elements that doesn’t affect combat too severely.

Edited by DarthSealth

This game has been a single player game since day 1. Where have you been? :D

All kidding aside. It will be single player if it dies. Its called maintenance mode. Which is what it will go into if they end development until 2019 when their licensee expires.

Edited by Zergnaut