East Coast Server Issues

Hey folks,

The team is still trying to work through everything to ensure it doesn't happen again after we come online. Unfortunately I still do not have an ETA but as soon as I have one, you will too!

-eric

Hope yall find a fix soon :) for now i try to figure out what to do lol

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the East coast servers are just as susceptible to outages as Harbinger is.

This is the first time something like this has happened in a looooooong time to Ebon Hawk in particular. I'm wondering if it's related to the datacenter migration--especially since it's affecting all East Coast servers at the same time.

Edited by AscendingSky

Planned maintenance is part of business. Outages are not. There is a distinct difference. You'd think Bioware would understand that.

Outages are a part of business. Not the most desirable part, but they do happen. Amazon's S3 was down for several hours some weeks ago, Level 3 is having problems along the East coast as we speak. Even Microsoft and Google are not impervious to unplanned downtime. No one should be holding BioWare to any higher standard than any of these companies.

Sht happens. They're working on it, they will recover. You're not likely to die in the meantime, so untwist your knickers and wait it out.

Hey folks,

The team is still trying to work through everything to ensure it doesn't happen again after we come online. Unfortunately I still do not have an ETA but as soon as I have one, you will too!

-eric

Good.

Look, I'm not your friend. You're not mine. I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm one of hundreds of thousands of customers of the conglomerate. You're one of its thousands of employees. So keep that in mind when I say "that's what should have happened the first time instead of just going back to bed when it cleared up on its own".

Pretty sure it was Level3. Not much you guys could do about that. You don't control the internet. Would have been nice to hear. But again, I get the corporate environment.

We both know Bioware is better than this. Getting it fixed and making sure it stays fixed is a good start toward getting back there, but like my grandfather always said: The challenge is consistency.

I'm rooting for you guys. I like this game. I keep coming back for it. But one day someone's going to figure out the whole package - story, immersion,graphics and community - AND be able to keep it all up consistently.

Be that company. Because WoW and LotRO both suck.

Edited by DownloadStarter

I leave 6 months after launch, re-sub come back a couple of days ago....

And this happens...

Welcome Back.

I bet they don't give 24 hours of credit to all the subs... just sad.

ha! so i'm not alone in this? My thoughts were that it had to do it to me just because i decided to be away for so long... glad i'm not the only one with this experience.

Outages are a part of business. Not the most desirable part, but they do happen. Amazon's S3 was down for several hours some weeks ago, Level 3 is having problems along the East coast as we speak. Even Microsoft and Google are not impervious to unplanned downtime. No one should be holding BioWare to any higher standard than any of these companies.

Sht happens. They're working on it, they will recover. You're not likely to die in the meantime, so untwist your knickers and wait it out.

Agreed. We all should just be responsible adults and go to work, do chores, or pay taxes...

OH! Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds! *goes to help Darth Vader destroy the rebels.*

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

A few updates for you! First, we have isolated what caused the issues this morning and the team is working to resolve them. We are looking at around a 30 minute ETA from right now.

Due to the nature of the issue, there is a small chance for a rollback to have occurred. From what we can see, most users will not be impacted by a rollback when the servers are live again. If any of you do experience a rollback, it should be minor and up to an absolute maximum of an hour. Again, majority of you should not be impacted at all.

Reminder that this only impacted East Coast servers. Thanks everyone, I will post more updates as I have them.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks,

A few updates for you! First, we have isolated what caused the issues this morning and the team is working to resolve them. We are looking at around a 30 minute ETA from right now.

Due to the nature of the issue, there is a small chance for a rollback to have occurred. From what we can see, most users will not be impacted by a rollback when the servers are live again. If any of you do experience a rollback, it should be minor and up to an absolute maximum of an hour. Again, majority of you should not be impacted at all.

Reminder that this only impacted East Coast servers. Thanks everyone, I will post more updates as I have them.

-eric

You're good people, Eric, I don't care what Keith says about you :rak_03:

Hey folks,

-eric

1 hour rollback is bull. I was midway through chapter 3 on agent story, and now im back at the end of chapter 2. This is ********.

Edited by bigdaddyfrosty

Roll back just totally screwed me. I received 2 achievements and one I cannot get back because you cannot explore something that is already found on the map. So the map gives me credit but no achievement for it. I was in the middle of doing heroics had finished them all and got the achievement for completing all heroics for both sith and rep. When I logged back in after the rollback I was able to finish all but one. Again if I had already been given credit for this one heroic it should of been marked as completed. It's not marked as completed and I cannot pick it up again so I have to wait until tomorrow to finish it to get my achievement. Roll back didn't effect anybody I am not happy about this at all not to mention the crap I went through just to finish that heroic that I never wanted to do again.

Roll back just totally screwed me. I was in the middle of doing heroics had finished them all and got the achievement for completing all heroics for both sith and rep. When I logged back in after the rollback I was able to finish all but one. Again if I had already been given credit for this one heroic it should of been marked as completed. It's not marked as completed and I cannot pick it up again so I have to wait until tomorrow to finish it to get my achievement. Roll back didn't effect anybody I am not happy about this at all not to mention the crap I went through just to finish that heroic that I never wanted to do again.

Awww, poor thing, you have to wait until tomorrow. How terrible for you! What will you ever do in the meantime?:rolleyes:

We're still working on it. But, I can definitely state, 'It is The Harbinger's fault'...this time!

Instead of making stupid jokes about a server that MANY of your players call home, why don't you fix it?

Lag spikes reported in two threads and not one message of acknowledgment.

And don't get me started on the normal every-day on-going issues on The Harbinger.

Instead of making stupid jokes about a server that MANY of your players call home, why don't you fix it?

And don't get me started on the normal every-day on-going issues on The Harbinger.

You know Eric and Keith aren't the techs fixing it so it's cool that they joke with us. They fixed what they thought was the issue but obviously like all electronics things can be more complex.

Harb is fine a lot of the time. Your connection problems are either your ISP or your router. You had such high packet loss at hop 1 which is YOUR router not the harbinger server.

I know Owen directed you to a new modem driver some app but you need to get on the phone with your ISP. They can look at additional settings on your modem and do a reset. They can also check your lines. When we had massive packet losses, there was a problem with our line at the exchange. It wasn't resolved until the ISP was contacted and sent someone to look.

Yes, this ^^^^

it seems the servers need to pretty much go off line before there is any acknowledgement.

Edit : I actually just went back to count the threads.. it took 12 seperate threads to get this east coast server problem acknowledged 😳

This is not unsimilar to what happened with the RNG gearing after 5.0.. it took nearly a whole page of seperate threads before they acknowledged us.

Going back through some of the history of the game, we can see a similar pattern. That is, they don't get onto an issue or problem until there are heaps of threads on the same subject.

I guess if we need something looked at that is game breaking or urgently needs atttention, we need to spam multiple threads so they can't just ignore it and hope it goes away.

So next time anyone sees multiple threads on the same subject, it's not the players fault, they aren't spamming because they want to, it's Bios fault because they don't reply unless there are heaps of threads

Edited by Icykill_