5.2 Arsenal Merc.PvP Guide

Bobby_McDonald

Hey,

I was searching the internet for a good 5.2 Arsenal Merc PvP Guide but I couldn't find one. So I just started to play Merc and write my own:

1.) Utilities:

70% Kolto, Energy Shield heal and reduced cooldown of Energy Shield. Thats important. The other utilities can be chosen randomly, they don't really matter that much.

2.) Gear:

You should get some gear at least. The item level doesn't really matter. Setbonus is nice for higher lulz but not necessary. Make sure you don't use tank stats. Maybe put a crystal in your mainhand, that could be helpful.

3.) Rotation:

The Mercs rotation is quite unique since it doesn't require any keybinding. I suggest you to pull electronet, heatseeker missile, tracer missile, railshot and missile blast in your quickbar and now just randomly click the abilities that are not grey'ed out. Do it so that you don't waste a gcd. If something is blinking in gold, thats like a bonus you can click on.

For people who still want to keybind (lol): just bind those abilities on keys that are close to eachother and now smash your hands on the keyboard every 1,5 seconds. Will lead to quite good results.

4.) Training:

Before you start to go ranked on your fresh reroll you should do like one or two regular warzones to get comfortable with this class.

Hey,

I was searching the internet for a good 5.2 Arsenal Merc PvP Guide but I couldn't find one. So I just started to play Merc and write my own:

1.) Utilities:

70% Kolto, Energy Shield heal and reduced cooldown of Energy Shield. Thats important. The other utilities can be chosen randomly, they don't really matter that much.

2.) Gear:

You should get some gear at least. The item level doesn't really matter. Setbonus is nice for higher lulz but not necessary. Make sure you don't use tank stats. Maybe put a crystal in your mainhand, that could be helpful.

3.) Rotation:

The Mercs rotation is quite unique since it doesn't require any keybinding. I suggest you to pull electronet, heatseeker missile, tracer missile, railshot and missile blast in your quickbar and now just randomly click the abilities that are not grey'ed out. Do it so that you don't waste a gcd. If something is blinking in gold, thats like a bonus you can click on.

For people who still want to keybind (lol): just bind those abilities on keys that are close to eachother and now smash your hands on the keyboard every 1,5 seconds. Will lead to quite good results.

4.) Training:

Before you start to go ranked on your fresh reroll you should do like one or two regular warzones to get comfortable with this class.

Thanks for the pro tips! This will help in the next ESL match up of merc 4v4s.

Hey,

1.) Utilities:

2.) Gear:

3.) Rotation:

4.) Training:

Thank you, I needed that.

for utilities you can pretty much just pick the obvious choices for dps merc. afterburners/adhesive supplements, torque boosters/power barrier, kolto surge (or KO is useless)/energy rebounder, trauma regulators/thrill of the hunt.

As for rotation, it's all about resetting blazing bolts which can be done every 8 seconds.

Priming shot > blazing bolts > tracer missile > blazing bolts > power surge + tracer missile > (you can use another TM here to get the 5th stack if you want, but it's not really mandatory) HSM/Rail shot (these two are interchangable here) switch out rail shot for rapid scan when you need healing, use emergancy scan pretty much on cd on you or your teammates, and make liberal use of chaff flare, it is off the gcd and abosrbs 5 force/tech attacks in the next 10 seconds and is on 45s cd.

I've found blazing bolts- priming shot- tracer missile- Heatseeker- Blazing bolts- 2 filler (impact bolts and basic shot/missile blast) then sweeping fire/ cut it early by moving or esc* and blazing bolts is an effective rotation Edited by Seterade

wait. that's not a 5.0 video?

nearly died laughing.

I literally LOLed when I noticed the side sidebars too. Can't reach too far, gotta have that click close by at all times :)

The best part was that he topped damage.

I'm planning on doing a match just using rapid shots. i want to see how much dps i'll get because I honestly don't see how a lot of these people can manage 1k or less.

It's funny - I was doing basically that with my Vanguard last night in a huttball match - it started out because I was out of energy, and ended up because LOL.

Hey,

1.) Utilities:

2.) Gear:

3.) Rotation:

4.) Training:

You can keybind.. you just have to make sure that they correspond to the shape of your fave when you roll it on the keyboard 😂😂😂

I'm planning on doing a match just using rapid shots. i want to see how much dps i'll get because I honestly don't see how a lot of these people can manage 1k or less.

You can easily do over a Mil at lvl 70.. I did 2 mil in lowbies, mainly because you have hardly anything else to use.

i just went back and looked at the screenshot and saw my biggest hit was 15k. i dont know if this was from using reflect, or the one accidental priming shot i used. I will try again without using reflect.

What was the total dps for the match ?

This guide is for advanced play. Will you please make a guide for the rest of us.

You have to wait for the next buff then. Some people claim that mercs would be invincible but they are not. Actually mercs are not in a good state right now.

Proof:

I recently fought a 1 vs 3 in Odessen and could only kill one enemy before I had to run and leave the control point to the other two. And getting away was not easy I was getting close to dying. I think mercs have an unfair disadvantage here in comparison to sorcs, operatives, socks and the Terminator. Therefor I am asking for a stealth mode and a phasewalk-like ability for mercs.

Therefor I am asking for a stealth mode and a phasewalk-like ability for mercs.

Given current conditions, that's a perfectly reasonable request and a long time coming.

That they can be killed under any circumstances whatsoever, leaves them at a compromising disadvantage compared to the other classes.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

You have to wait for the next buff then. Some people claim that mercs would be invincible but they are not. Actually mercs are not in a good state right now.

Proof:

I recently fought a 1 vs 3 in Odessen and could only kill one enemy before I had to run and leave the control point to the other two. And getting away was not easy I was getting close to dying. I think mercs have an unfair disadvantage here in comparison to sorcs, operatives, socks and the Terminator. Therefor I am asking for a stealth mode and a phasewalk-like ability for mercs.

I think we could also use a knockback effect tied to Electro Net.

I've found blazing bolts- priming shot- tracer missile- Heatseeker- Blazing bolts- 2 filler (impact bolts and basic shot/missile blast) then sweeping fire/ cut it early by moving or esc* and blazing bolts is an effective rotation

I found out it doesn't really matter that much. You can also start with hsm or net.

In the end it will be easier to just click random abilities, especially the gold blinking ones. Also the suggestion to roll your face on the keyboard is legit but requires keybinding.

Someone here suggested to only use rapid shots. I think that is rather for the professionals because it requires actively clicking the same ability on and on. That requires some concentration and even he admitted that he once failed and clicked the wrong ability.