Producer Letter Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a Rage Quit post!!

Please answer as to whether or not the HK-55 material will be opt out, or if it will be forced on all that are subbed on the 11th of January.

As a player that enjoyed the way the story was written,

asked if 55 could be rebuilt in story, was told very clearly that there was no backup for his personality matrix and that the character had reported that it didn't want to live forever if it were obliterated, found HK-55 subpar to the rest of the series, already has HK-51,

and does not want an alert that can't be removed, I need to know if it will be a blinking light/message in alerts that will nag at me incessantly until I add a companion to an already bloated system. My sub is up on the 12th of this month, and though I do not want to unsub for a single day shy of a month, I am feeling compelled to do so to avoid receiving this item.

If there is a way to avoid receiving perks that are very much unwanted, that is all I need to hear because I don't want to unsub, but the timing is acceptable seeing as there's a lot of holidays right now, and perhaps it's time to play some Battlefront anyway.

I'll give Eric the benefit of the doubt and say he had every intention of replying to this thread initially, but from where it has progressed - no dev will touch this with a 10 foot pole. More likely, they may find a few things in here they are willing to reply to and make new threads on those topics.

I'll give Eric the benefit of the doubt and say he had every intention of replying to this thread initially, but from where it has progressed - no dev will touch this with a 10 foot pole. More likely, they may find a few things in here they are willing to reply to and make new threads on those topics.

I'm afraid that intending to reply "unless it gets ugly" is not the same as "having every intention of replying". Unfortunately, the former has been standard procedure for Eric (and other BW reps); they will promise a reply, but if the response is too negative, we will never hear from them (on that topic) again. Considering the significant negative response to the majority of changes over the past several months, there have been very few promises of replies that have been fulfilled. It has been pretty well established by now that a negative community reaction means that all replies are off (for that matter, some neutral or even favorable responses have not received promised follow-up or replies), so I think you are being a bit to generous towards Mr. Musco and his supposed intentions. I am fully willing to believe that he knew he would not reply if the community response wasn't right, as that has been the repeated BW behavior over and over.

Wow just wow,there is people in this thread that stated "Hey credits are not real money,,What's it matter" and others stating "Yah it has no real affect and doing bans on exploiters will lose BW revenue,i wish people understood economics"

Both above have ZERO clue,,exploiters are not the majority of people who purchase Cartel stuff,matter of fact they are likely the lowest end of cartel purchasers,,what they done however is people by this exploit have destroyed the organic market on the GTN affecting everything to Cartel stuff sold on the GTN,,that is as plain as day and how comments above can be made by likely adults is amazing,,there is your whales that purchase stuff to sell on the GTN then there is small micro transactions BOTH are affected by this.

Severe banns of the people who exploited and very hard homework to find the MAIN accounts must be done.

Edited by Sathid

Wow just wow,there is people in this thread that stated "Hey credits are not real money,,What's it matter" and others stating "Yah it has no real affect and doing bans on exploiters will lose BW revenue,i wish people understood economics"

Both above have ZERO clue,,exploiters are not the majority of people who purchase Cartel stuff,matter of fact they are likely the lowest end of cartel purchasers,,what they done however is people by this exploit have destroyed the organic market on the GTN affecting everything to Cartel stuff sold on the GTN,,that is as plain as day and how comments above can be made by likely adults is amazing,,there is your whales that purchase stuff to sell on the GTN then there is small micro transactions BOTH are affected by this.

Severe banns of the people who exploited and very hard homework to find the MAIN accounts must be done.

Pretty sure you're in the wrong thread ....

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We know you are looking for more information on the timing of future group content. Although I cannot go into any details yet I will say this… We are actively working on a new Warzone, and we are looking to start revealing details in February (Insert my usual disclaimer of all things are subject to change). On the PvE side, we do not have anything specific to announce at this time but we will certainly share more information as we have it.

The team is hard at work on the 7 remaining Chapters in Season 1, as well as additional content, which you will get monthly starting in February. For us, it is important that all of the our content, group content included, ties into the storyline of Fallen Empire and connects to your character’s story. Story is what sets The Old Republic apart and it is important for us to deliver your personal story across all aspects of the game.

We hope that this addresses some of the concerns that you may have. As always, I will pass on updates as I have them. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

We know you are looking for more information on the timing of future group content. Although I cannot go into any details yet I will say this… We are actively working on a new Warzone, and we are looking to start revealing details in February (Insert my usual disclaimer of all things are subject to change). On the PvE side, we do not have anything specific to announce at this time but we will certainly share more information as we have it.

The team is hard at work on the 7 remaining Chapters in Season 1, as well as additional content, which you will get monthly starting in February. For us, it is important that all of the our content, group content included, ties into the storyline of Fallen Empire and connects to your character’s story. Story is what sets The Old Republic apart and it is important for us to deliver your personal story across all aspects of the game.

We hope that this addresses some of the concerns that you may have. As always, I will pass on updates as I have them. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Always nice to hear any information, but I'm not sure this really addresses the concerns of PvE players looking for new end game group content. It's starting to sound like there won't be another Operation until at least Q4 2016, which is essentially a death sentence on the raiding community.

Nice to see we're getting the every other year new warzone soon.

Hey folks,

-eric

Wait one min.... whatever happened to and I quote you directly Mr. Musco, "we will NEVER go 14 months with out a new raid instance again." directly quoted from the 3.0 live streams. So really... And you wonder why your word means jack nothing with your players.

Edited by fragnor

Hey folks,

-eric

Nice try but not enough, you already killed pvp community new wz wont save it unless you show you are willing to do more, today last day of my sub and not gonna renew it even if you release a new wz.

Hey folks,

-eric

Wow, thanks for announcing the new warzone! It is not that big of a news for anyone following social media but it is nice to see you react to the feedback. I am still wishing for getting more of our questions answered, like in a Q&A format because there are tons of design decisions in KotFE that seem confusing and clarifying those would quell a lot of my fears about the future of the game. At this point, I don't believe we will ever get another operation again, and I don't think there will ever be a real progression-based PvE endgame in SWTOR again, but I hope you can prove me wrong.

While I agree that story is what sets SWTOR apart from other MMOs, you certainly don't need story for every group content. Ravagers is a great example of how you can have an operation not tied into the story, and I wish you'd rather keep the different playerbases separate. An operation tied into the story will make solo or story-focused players feel like they are forced to run operations, which will only result in more dissatisfaction going forward. What's so wrong with having a non-story operation? :confused:

Wait one min.... whatever happened to and I quote you directly Mr. Musco, "we will NEVER go 14 months with out a new raid instance again." directly quoted from the 3.0 live streams.

You know, that statement would be true if we will never get another operation again. But I hope that's not what he meant. And by the way, this was from a cantina tour, not from a livestream.

Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you Eric .

On the PvE side, we do not have anything specific to announce at this time but we will certainly share more information as we have it.

Oh dear.

For us, it is important that all of the our content, group content included, ties into the storyline of Fallen Empire and connects to your character’s story.

Have you played your own current endgame content?... Because it clearly isn't the case that group content ties into the storyline. Though perhaps Star Fortress IS the current group content, in which case I withdrawn my statement.

We hope that this addresses some of the concerns that you may have.

I guess that's as clear a statement as we're likely to get given the current limitations on what you're allowed to say and how you're allowed to say it. Because a "no, we're aren't actually working on any Flashpoints or Operations right now" - was never going to happen. Not while there are still some people who will remain subbed because they still have faith.

As always, I will pass on updates as I have them. Thanks everyone.

Thank you Eric.

I hate to point out that you don't really pass on information as soon as you have it. In fact, that's quite rare these days. But I'll be appreciative of the "I will pass on updates as soon as I'm allowed". Or perhaps you really are out of the loop, though personally I think I'd find that even more depressing.

Take care,

enjoy the holidays,

hug your family,

let them hug you,

and good luck with the game, your career and everything else that might be important to you.

Farewell,

-Woetoo

This line intentionally left blank.

Edited by Woetoo

Thanks for the info. If I may make a suggestion, I think the way you did it in SoR and Prelude to Revan was spot on. The raiding content is optional and non-vital to the story, but still adds to it. The FPs are both part of the solo story and re-used for group content.

This is a good re-use of assets.

Heck, you might even combine both ideas and have a solo + raiding version of an Operation a la Blood Hunt/Battle for Rishi (though the solo version would be outside the tier treadmill that we all know and love).

I'd avoid the Dread Masters style of raiding where, in order to appreciate the story, you must do KP, EC, TfB, SnV, DF, and DP. Casuals and solo players won't like that.

Hey folks,

-eric

So I guess that promise made during 3.0 about never having drought like there was between DP/DF and RAV/TOS is now officially confirmed to be broken.

Though I am excited about a new warzone. It has been far, FAR too long.

Edited by Andrellma

-eric

Are you aware that non of the heroics which are the main stay of the alliance grind and in fact end game grind tie in with the Fallen Empire Story or your character story. None of them make any mention of the Fallen Empire and all hold that the Sith Empire and the Republic are still at war, many mention the dark council which is no more and some even mention the emperor or people that are now dead. So if none of this ties in with the story it makes no sense to suggest a desire to tie it in is the reason for no new content.

Likewise there are no Operations or Flashpoints that tie in with the Fallen Empire expansion so why is this an excuse of why no new flash points or operations are being developed currently? As that is what this is excuse is, currently in the Kotfe story line ties in with group content.

But perhaps the most honorific point is that a year of work resulted in roughly 10 hours of solo content and the team is now working hard to get 1 more chapter possibly less than an hour of content out in 4 months. Either too many people aren't doing anything or it is far too small to manage to put new content out. Even the most faithful fanboi's are sooner or later wonder what they are subbing every month for when they can wait a year and get 10 hours of content rather than sub every month and get less than an hour at best (some months I suspect will be no content). Of course there is the bribe of early access and your 36th identical reskined companion, but really who cares. We all know that the next chapter if the companion is going to say anything we will be forced to take them and since not everyone can have remaded HK droid he wont be the select companion just as Nico will never be the must use companion. Nico who has said nothing since getting his drink made for him gives a clear indication of how much said companions will add to the experience.

Hey folks,

-eric

No news for PVE... Unfortunately, this actually validates my concerns instead of alleviating them. I love the story and I think that part is amazing, but it doesn't keep me subscribed to a monthly cost. I will come back from time to time to play through the story, if there isn't new group content, then I don't have much to do with my guild, especially when it comes to progression, or lack thereof.

Story is wonderful and I think BioWare is truly king in that area, but it doesn't have a long shelf life with an MMO since after the first 1-3 times, it becomes tedious instead of exhilarating. What does keep me in the game is tracking rare items, new, challenging group content, and exploration.

Hey folks,

-eric

Could you specify, arena or warzone?

Wait one min.... whatever happened to and I quote you directly Mr. Musco, "we will NEVER go 14 months with out a new raid instance again." directly quoted from the 3.0 live streams. So really... And you wonder why your word means jack nothing with your players.

Had to bring that up again huh. I will give you the short version of all the billions (yes I am exaggerating but there have been many) of threads where this has come by time and again.

So here it goes:

Yes, he said that.

Yes, they explained they changed their plans after that.

Now, you can keep trying, but the answer is probably going to be the same. The game went in a different direction than they originally planned and at the time Eric said that, this change of direction hadn't come about yet. It happens.

Sometimes you plan to go out at night with friends and say you'll definitely be there. Then something unexpected came up and you cancel anyway. How long will your friends keep asking why you changed your mind?

So let this one rest if you would. What's more important now that the game has gone in a new direction, when we are finally going to get new group content. I am understanding towards the changes they made and I can see why they did it, but endgame is getting stale quickly as expected and so I am also interested in when we get actual new stuff to do. Not gonna build alliances for 25 characters in the mean time. If BW thought I'd do that, they were wrong in thinking so.

I do like the new story, but I also like being able to ignore it with most of my characters because the replay value isn't that high as it's a single story line, in spite of all the "choices".