Healers in PVP WZ's need to be nerffed

johnharris

What are you talking about? I have a Scoundrel with no PvP gear and I run circles around DPS.

1v1 I can ignore the DPS all together.

2v1 I heal myself and kill them both

3v1 I can escape without worry, all the while my HoTs (which are instant cast and not interruptible) are healing the group. ROFL.

I can pull 1mil healing without breaking a sweat on my Scound

By contrast my Sage healer needs to stand still to cast and gets interrupted to no end.

PvP is about mobility, utility, survivability, and surprise. Scoundrel healing is all of the above (some classes like Merc are none) which makes it OP.

Being an OP class loses it's fun after a while and leaving a class OP for too long has a negative impact on the game.

Your sage has a metric crapton of mobility. You have:

1.) Bubble on anyone who is in range and not locked out

2.) Rejuvinate

3.) Force Mend

4.) Instant Salvation

5.) Force Wave if specced into

6.) Cleanse, cause dot's are a thing

Additionally, you can run without being rooted and have a cooldown that makes you uninterruptible. Sages have outstanding mobility and are meant to avoid damage.

On a sidenote, 1mill healing is no longer outstanding.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got to love some of the responses here. Let me tell you of an OP class the operative six snipers 1 sin and a operative walk into a Nova coast. Against a focus rank 8 man premade of one of the best pvper guild on my server there dps does over 800k to 1 mil damage on focus targets. They calls out target to switch to if you watched there streams.

They could not kill one operative healer the only healer in the warzone. He took the most damage had no tank to guard since the sin was a dps we had no tank.

At what point does a class become to OP? When a single healer can do just this it time to look at how that class works.

2.) Rejuvinate

3.) Force Mend

4.) Instant Salvation

Additionally, you can run without being rooted and have a cooldown that makes you uninterruptible. Sages have outstanding mobility and are meant to avoid damage.

You have made my point perfectly! Look at all the **** other healers need to be effective. What does Scoundrel need to do: run around (while healing) and stealth away when needed.

Unlike most people in here I'm not in here complaining that Scoundrels are OP because I can't kill them. I'm in here complaining that Scoundrels are OP because I have one and it's almost impossible to kill me. My goal is not to maintain the OP nature of my toon. My goal is to have a vibrant equal opportunity PvP structure in the game.

You got to love some of the responses here. Let me tell you of an OP class the operative six snipers 1 sin and a operative walk into a Nova coast. Against a focus rank 8 man premade of one of the best pvper guild on my server there dps does over 800k to 1 mil damage on focus targets. They calls out target to switch to if you watched there streams.

They could not kill one operative healer the only healer in the warzone. He took the most damage had no tank to guard since the sin was a dps we had no tank.

At what point does a class become to OP? When a single healer can do just this it time to look at how that class works.

is it possible to give more details on this or link the stream? cuz I'm not bad but far from great dps, and I can kill ANY unguarded healer while working with another dps. I find it hard to believe that a scoundrel/op could survive more than that from GOOD players.

if you didn't say they were good dps, I'd question whether they snared/rooted, knew where their interrupt was and understood how stuns/resolve work. :confused:

They aren't performing to the best of their abilities, these people aren't handicapped. The primary difference between whiny pugs and premades is that the people in premades are putting in more effort to get a higher rate of success. The pugs could make friends, group up, get stims and medpacs, practice their classes, and learn about other classes, but that would require more effort. Just because people don't want to put time into something doesn't mean they should be accommodated for it.

That requires work, how many times has someone told you "It is just a game, I play to have fun." after doing something silly like fighting away from the node while it gets capped. For PvP nowadays to survive their has to be a divide between those that can play and those that cannot play.

Problem with ranked is sometimes you do not have 7 other people that are ranked viable. I hope the 4 v 4 set up of arena makes it so more classes are viable, easier for people to get into, but does not hold your hand so much.

That requires work, how many times has someone told you "It is just a game, I play to have fun." after doing something silly like fighting away from the node while it gets capped. For PvP nowadays to survive their has to be a divide between those that can play and those that cannot play.

I should just ask you: "Why so serious?"

Really so just because some obese kiddo wants to play football, you need to adjust good players to his level just because he wants this to happen?

Games without progression, with anything to achive (gears, skills) have a short life, coz ppl get bored with them fast. It's a lose-lose solution what you're proposing. And bisides H. Ford said onec: If he would ask ppl what they want they would reply: faster horses. So no - we don't need a nerf just because some players can't think a little. Healing as it is is fine, maybe small adjustment to Operatives, but really small, and small buff for merc healers. Sorcs are fine as they are. Powerfull healers with squishy 'armor' (read: clothes).

And rest need to L2P - that's it.

Problem with ranked is sometimes you do not have 7 other people that are ranked viable. I hope the 4 v 4 set up of arena makes it so more classes are viable, easier for people to get into, but does not hold your hand so much.

No this game does not have the population base at 55 to support much segregation. I never minded learning about other classes since I saw that as fun and I find winning and doing well fun. I both learned about the game and got better at the same time.

ex. There's a commando, Darklord-can't-say-his-name, on my server who is gunnery in Combat Support cell and fully modded in Supercommando gear. He averages 40k every match and I'm sure he's have more fun if he knew anything about his class and didn't get 3 shot every time he comes from the spawn.

What are you talking about? I have a Scoundrel with no PvP gear and I run circles around DPS.

1v1 I can ignore the DPS all together.

2v1 I heal myself and kill them both

3v1 I can escape without worry, all the while my HoTs (which are instant cast and not interruptible) are healing the group. ROFL.

I can pull 1mil healing without breaking a sweat on my Scound

By contrast my Sage healer needs to stand still to cast and gets interrupted to no end.

PvP is about mobility, utility, survivability, and surprise. Scoundrel healing is all of the above (some classes like Merc are none) which makes it OP.

Being an OP class loses it's fun after a while and leaving a class OP for too long has a negative impact on the game.

Lol, you are fighting horrible opponents.

An unguarded/peeled for scoundrel/operative goes down as soon as they run out of dcds (or they run away) if they are fighting against a good dps - sure the fight is long (and sometimes that is all that matters), but if you're 1v1ing a dps for an extended period of time then you have taken yourself out of the fight and the dps has done his job (unless you are node guarding).

2v1 you die, and you die fast if the dps are smart - your pitiful hots won't keep you alive while you're stunned.

3v1 - you're dead or you've run away, you're not winning this one and once you run away good dps are going to laugh at your hots as they proceed to kill your teammates (but your teammates are not around since this is a 3v1, so that's irrelevant).

I used to QQ about taking down scoundrels and operatives with my guildies in TS until I Ieveled one up and learned first hand about how they work and what works best against them, now the're only annoying if they have guad/peels/cross-heals.

At the end of the day all of the healing classes have strengths and weakness, and this means you have to employ different strategies to overcome them; if you are struggling to overcome any of the healing ACS and you feel like it's not an issue in your own play I would highly suggest that you either level one up, or find a buddy who plays the class and figure out what makes them tic.

is it possible to give more details on this or link the stream? cuz I'm not bad but far from great dps, and I can kill ANY unguarded healer while working with another dps. I find it hard to believe that a scoundrel/op could survive more than that from GOOD players.

if you didn't say they were good dps, I'd question whether they snared/rooted, knew where their interrupt was and understood how stuns/resolve work. :confused:

Why not just ask LD50 about it, they ran into this mixed pug group on jedi covenant before transferring off the server. They were the team we went against with 6 mixed Pug sniper's and me and the operative being the only one on voice chat. Since I know you know who LD50 is i am sure you can figure out they know how to pvp. The operative had 0 deaths I wish we had fraps it but we did not think of it at the time.

Why not just ask LD50 about it, they ran into this mixed pug group on jedi covenant before transferring off the server. They were the team we went against with 6 mixed Pug sniper's and me and the operative being the only one on voice chat. Since I know you know who LD50 is i am sure you can figure out they know how to pvp. The operative had 0 deaths I wish we had fraps it but we did not think of it at the time.

so...one taunt. no guard. no cross healing. and the worst possible collection of 4-6 dps-spec'd LD50s couldn't kill your op? shenanigans.

op heals needs a nerf. no op healer in the world is that good.

Edited by foxmob

Lol, you are fighting horrible opponents.

An unguarded/peeled for scoundrel/operative goes down as soon as they run out of dcds (or they run away) if they are fighting against a good dps - sure the fight is long (and sometimes that is all that matters), but if you're 1v1ing a dps for an extended period of time then you have taken yourself out of the fight and the dps has done his job (unless you are node guarding).

2v1 you die, and you die fast if the dps are smart - your pitiful hots won't keep you alive while you're stunned.

3v1 - you're dead or you've run away, you're not winning this one and once you run away good dps are going to laugh at your hots as they proceed to kill your teammates (but your teammates are not around since this is a 3v1, so that's irrelevant).

I used to QQ about taking down scoundrels and operatives with my guildies in TS until I Ieveled one up and learned first hand about how they work and what works best against them, now the're only annoying if they have guad/peels/cross-heals.

At the end of the day all of the healing classes have strengths and weakness, and this means you have to employ different strategies to overcome them; if you are struggling to overcome any of the healing ACS and you feel like it's not an issue in your own play I would highly suggest that you either level one up, or find a buddy who plays the class and figure out what makes them tic.

/sign

2.) Rejuvinate

3.) Force Mend

4.) Instant Salvation

Sages can't use instant channel salvation every time that it's available, or they will run out of force power.

The force wave heal might be the single worst thing to spec for in the entire medic tree.

Cleaning dots isn't worth doing in PVP. The amount of time spent cleansing 1 dot (1 GCD) could be used to channel part of a heal which will heal for way more than the dot. The only dot worth cleansing is balance spec sage's mind crush and sever force. Annihilation's dots reapply so fast that cleansing them isn't worth doing, as are vengeance spec's dots.

I'm not saying that sage is weak. The problem with scoundrel is how incredibly dependent it is on two heals which are both instant heals, slow release medpac, and kolto cloud. The fact that scoundrel can basically use two heals and do a lot of healing, is part of what is causing a lot of complaints about them. A 5/10 player can use a scoundrel, and do 500000+ healing per WZ reliably. Scoundrels should be required to use some channeled heals (not just a 1.5 second kolto pack when it's off cooldown).

That being said, healing is fine regarding PVP. The only change that should occur is scoundrel's slow release medpac should cost 12 energy instead of 9. Other than that, healing is fine for PVP. People who say otherwise should queue for ranked.

Edited by TheCourier-

• 1 year later...

BioCrap DEVs stupid. They dont give a damn to anyone, they want only money.

It's stupid how heals are over.

Just saw 2 healers in a WZ doing 2500 per second at the end while top DPS did 1100.

Only dumb DEV think its balanced.

BioCrap DEVs stupid. They dont give a damn to anyone, they want only money.

It's stupid how heals are over.

Just saw 2 healers in a WZ doing 2500 per second at the end while top DPS did 1100.

Only dumb DEV think its balanced.

This thread is 2 years old man. Also, you had bad dps letting heals free cast. Heals are not as big of a problem as people seem to think they are.

• Dev Post

This has been something we've kept an eye on for a long time but with the recent 3.3 PTS playtests we saw the issue of too much healing in Warzones become more prominent. We attributed this situation to a higher healer population on PTS due to the healer changes but we are not dismissing the potential larger issue altogether. At this point we are keeping an eye on the state of Warzones and if things tilt one way or another we will respond, most likely in a minor systematic adjustment like the effectiveness of Trauma. Please continue to provide feedback as we monitor the healing in Warzone situation.

Cheers!

This has been something we've kept an eye on for a long time but with the recent 3.3 PTS playtests we saw the issue of too much healing in Warzones become more prominent. We attributed this situation to a higher healer population on PTS due to the healer changes but we are not dismissing the potential larger issue altogether. At this point we are keeping an eye on the state of Warzones and if things tilt one way or another we will respond, most likely in a minor systematic adjustment like the effectiveness of Trauma. Please continue to provide feedback as we monitor the healing in Warzone situation.

Cheers!

You sir are on a roll this morning, thank you for the heads up.

Cheers!

Thank God Alex. Just PLEASE don't wait too long if you do see an issue...PLEASE!

Well at least they will look at it. I still would contend that part of the problem is that most DPS classes are too squishy without a healer and it is a wild swing in the opposite direction with a healer. This affects pressuring the enemy healers as we really need melee DPS that can pursue them behind enemy lines. As it is now, with how squishy a lot of melee DPS is; they will be away from a friendly healer (if they have one, often times not due to no matchmaking) and therefor focus fire from enemy DPS while they chase the healer will kill them much, much faster than they can bring the healer they are chasing down. If that makes sense. Edited by Technohic

Why they changed the stats for PVE if the problems are in the PVP?

They want to destroy the healers. Goodbye to operations and flashpoints.

This is the beginning of the end of swtor. I saw this same EXACT thing happen to FURY.Peeps complained about healers and they nerfed them into the ground. Healers quit, no more heals, everyone dies too fast. Everyone leaves the game. All you whiny brats are ruining the very game you like. Enjoy it while you can. I am turning my level 60 Mercenary into a Bodyguard, and Ill bet every other healer will roll a bodyguard. Then of course, next patch, that will too get nerfed since you whiny punks will complain and bioware will bring out the nerf bat yet again and finally put the nail in the coffin of this game. Mark those words

This is the beginning of the end of swtor. I saw this same EXACT thing happen to FURY.Peeps complained about healers and they nerfed them into the ground. Healers quit, no more heals, everyone dies too fast. Everyone leaves the game. All you whiny brats are ruining the very game you like. Enjoy it while you can. I am turning my level 60 Mercenary into a Bodyguard, and Ill bet every other healer will roll a bodyguard. Then of course, next patch, that will too get nerfed since you whiny punks will complain and bioware will bring out the nerf bat yet again and finally put the nail in the coffin of this game. Mark those words

So much irony in this post.

Relax. They said they would likely deal with it using trauma. Or in other words, just in PvP. Maybe you should pay attention to that before whining. ;)

Pvp forums, we don't give a **** about pve. And mercs are still by far the worst healer so don't fret.