Planetary Status Monitor | Still no progression in Ziost story available ?

agnahim

Agreed x1000. As I've said many times, this is why we can't have nice things...

To be honest, I whined about it before I experienced it which shame on me for. But, even though I knew it was a cliff hanger, it still was awesome. Im thinking that just because we know when it's coming that it still won't detract from how awesome it ends up being. I went from being annoyed to being extremely excited about May 4th now that I know it's coming. Before I was like eh 12xp cool, but don't really care. Free droid pet, cool, but don't really care. This makes that whole day way more interesting and for me fun.

Edited by Shwarzchild

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I have seen some questions and theories around what will happen with Ziost on Monday. I thought I would pop in and let you know (spoiler free!) what to expect. At 8AM PDT on Monday, May the 4th, is when the conclusion of Game Update 3.2 will become available. What you will get access to at that point is:

• The ending cinematics for the Rise of the Emperor storyline from Game Update 3.2
  • A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

That should give a good idea of exactly what to expect on Monday morning. See you all on Ziost!

-eric

Hey folks,

I have seen some questions and theories around what will happen with Ziost on Monday. I thought I would pop in and let you know (spoiler free!) what to expect. At 8AM PDT on Monday, May the 4th, is when the conclusion of Game Update 3.2 will become available. What you will get access to at that point is:

• The ending cinematics for the Rise of the Emperor storyline from Game Update 3.2
  • A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

That should give a good idea of exactly what to expect on Monday morning. See you all on Ziost!

-eric

Will the daily quests include a new reputation track?

Hey folks,

• A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

-eric

Or you just save all this time and headache from people. and resources on your end, and release a patch like a normal MMO gaming company would.

Will the daily quests include a new reputation track?

Pretty sure Ziost is going the Forged Alliances route, no Reputation progression per say, but a Ziost-specific currency (the Ziost Memory Holos) that can be used to get unique rewards, similar to the Recovered Relics / Manaan Research Data.

Edited by DarthDymond

Hey folks,

• A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

-eric

Thanks for the info!

Hey folks,

• A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

-eric

Maybe I might get sick on Monday...

Hey folks,

• A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

-eric

I appreciated when you mentioned the date it would become available, and I appreciate now that you mentioned the time but I am a little confused why you write what exactly we are getting. After all, the reason behind this staggered release was to surprise players and have them experience content without having a guide on Dulfy for it. Part of the fun of PTS for me is to see new things before everyone else, before it has been heavily explored.

We already know that there is a ops boss from the achievements, and we expected some repeatable content to come on the planet. You didn't have to mention it explicitly because now that you spelled out exactly what we are getting, I feel a little let down because I already know what to expect and there is nothing left to explore or be surprised by.

I don't want to complain too much but just let you know that this staggered release was a great idea and there are players who like it. (There are also players who need a guide whenever they encounter a puzzle quests or hidden content because they don't want to think, but those can wait or ask other players for it)

Most of the complaints in this thread are because there was no indication that we'd get a staggered release, we expected to get everything on April 28th and not run against a blocker quest. Next time you do something like this, just write the dates beforehand when the new content becomes available, no need to list everything that's coming.

Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

• A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

-eric

Now was that so hard. You say that you want to be transparent in your job as a community manager, but you passed up your chance to give us this information when asked at the Anaheim cantina event, and all that that accomplished was that you proved once again that even when you are being completely transparent, that it is difficult for us to tell when you keep us in the dark.

They "passed up the chance" because the wanted people to be pleasantly surprised. That changed once the exploiters started posting video of the entire area and all things within on the internet.

Anyone who did the content on the PTS knew that content was being withheld until a later date. Having done so myself, I expected that they would release this content along with the release of what I saw on the PTS. I anticipated this release, and patiently waited for it, but was disappointed when it wasn't there. So now I am being ask to patiently wait a little longer than I had expected to, and I am doing that, but it would have been nice to know this up front so that I knew what to expect in the first place. And pardon me if I think that advance notice of the release schedule would have been better than the surprise that the content that I has so eagerly awaited was being withheld for another week.

Edited by Exly

I appreciated when you mentioned the date it would become available, and I appreciate now that you mentioned the time but I am a little confused why you write what exactly we are getting. After all, the reason behind this staggered release was to surprise players and have them experience content without having a guide on Dulfy for it. Part of the fun of PTS for me is to see new things before everyone else, before it has been heavily explored.

Because QQ'ers did what they always do and ruined the suprise for us all.

Now was that so hard. You say that you want to be transparent in your job as a community manager, but you passed up your chance to give us this information when asked at the Anaheim cantina event, and all that that accomplished was that you proved once again that even when you are being completely transparent, that it is difficult for us to tell when you keep us in the dark.

Don't you get it it was supposed to be a suprise to the community one of those "WOW, That is SOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!!" moments.

THAT's why we are just now hearing anything about it, but people like you RUINED it for the rest of us.

Or you just save all this time and headache from people. and resources on your end, and release a patch like a normal MMO gaming company would.

You are the reason we can't have nice things...

Hey folks,

• A new area of Ziost
  • New daily quests
  • A new Lair Boss
  • A new World Boss

-eric

So there is no class specific quests on Ziost? I thought you guys were going to being doing more of that starting with 3.0?

I don't want to complain too much but just let you know that this staggered release was a great idea

What a great idea that has a quest that appears bugged, people asking the same question over and over in chats, sending tickets to CS, not to mention the entire fully-avoidable exploit debacle. And for what, May 4 that means really squat in playable sense for the game? Edited by Pietrastor

What a great idea that has a quest that appears bugged, people asking the same question over and over in chats, sending tickets to CS, not to mention the entire fully-avoidable exploit debacle. And for what, May 4 that means really squat in playable sense for the game?

I agree with you that they handled it wrong. The in-game messaging was not clear that you have to wait a few days and they should already mentioned this in all their promotional materials.

But in general, staggered releases are not a bad idea. Considering that the time between Game Updates has increased from 9 weeks to 11-12 weeks, players are increasingly getting bored with less things to do. If they cannot produce faster patches, then at least spreading out the content over multiple weeks helps.

When 3.0 came out, there were tons of threads about players being disappointed that they finished the story after like 4-6 hours. With this kind of release schedule, they are preventing players from rushing through content and complaining that there is nothing to do because even if someone rushes, he has to wait just as long as a casual player to continue the quest.

So there is no class specific quests on Ziost? I thought you guys were going to being doing more of that starting with 3.0?

No, you understood it wrong. Their outlook on 2015 promised "character-driven adventures" via a "unified story, with a focus on themes that unite our eight classes". So while the focus is on story, it is a unified story and not a class story. Yes, the dialogues will sometimes reference specific classes ("You’ll see a greater emphasis on your character’s personal history") but no separate quests.

Class quests are just too expensive to produce; I'm happy with the content we got because I'd rather have one long story than 8 different 30-minute stories when I know that not all players have all eight classes and will miss out on some of it.

Edited by Jerba

Because QQ'ers did what they always do and ruined the suprise for us all.

Don't you get it it was supposed to be a suprise to the community one of those "WOW, That is SOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!!" moments.

THAT's why we are just now hearing anything about it, but people like you RUINED it for the rest of us.

You are the reason we can't have nice things...

F.y.i., the forums are a place where people go that are seeking information about the game for many things, including future content. if you prefer to be surprised then maybe you should not be reading threads where people are so obviously seeking that information.

I agree with you that they handled it wrong. The in-game messaging was not clear that you have to wait a few days and they should already mentioned this in all their promotional materials.

But in general, staggered releases are not a bad idea. Considering that the time between Game Updates has increased from 9 weeks to 11-12 weeks, players are increasingly getting bored with less things to do. If they cannot produce faster patches, then at least spreading out the content over multiple weeks helps.

When 3.0 came out, there were tons of threads about players being disappointed that they finished the story after like 4-6 hours. With this kind of release schedule, they are preventing players from rushing through content and complaining that there is nothing to do because even if someone rushes, he has to wait just as long as a casual player to continue the quest.

Nothing will ever stop complaints like that, especially in MMO community. Doesn't matter if there was a 100 hour of story contet in 3.2, many would finish it within a week and complain there's nothing else to do. What sticks long in a gameplay sense is worthy repeatable content and they DO have it in this patch - a new Ops boss with great loot. This has already proved hugely popular with Toborro, a boss that pugs were being put together for even at middle of night for the entire duration of 2.0 cycle. And they delayed it.

Staggered release needs to be executed well. Raghkoul event is done well, we're not getting access to full content every time at once because it takes place on different planets. Here we have a 'bug' wall separating content in the middle of 1 story episode (NOT 1 big arc) along with new boss achivs dangling like a carrot in front of the playerbase

Edited by Pietrastor

Yes because no one should ever innovate or try to do anything different. Let's all just run around like mindless sheep. BAAAAAAAAAAA! BAAAAAAAAAAA!

It isn't an unexpected surprise if you know WHEN it is coming. It is an anticipated event, scheduled, half known. The surprise ruined and the magic is lost.

No, some assumed it was broke, I would argue that it was the Negative Nancy's of the world the Debbie Downers of SWTOR that said, 'Oh, I can't go any further yet... It must be broken... "

Some of us said, "I can't go any further? I wonder what happens next and when we will get that update?"

If they had let it go and not said anything then Next week we would have logged in and been like WT Frack just happened!?!?!?!

And it would have been awesome!

They did not need to give a specific date when or even say what is coming, but I still think that giving the quest to check the non-functioning terminal was a confusing step, and they should have dropped one of those floating news terminals on fleet on Monday, or send you a ingame mail that evacuation is done (which would send you to the Ziost terminal)

That way, surprise would be preserved, and people would not be confused.

Edited by Aries_cz