Scheduled Maintenance: March 12th, 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jerba: Why are you so upset? You are one of the most reasonable people on this board. It's quite strange to see you outrage that much.

I've just grown tired of so many delays. The first few times they delayed a Tuesday patch, I was patient, hoping it was just a one-time hold up but we've gotten more and more Wednesday and Thursday patches during the second half of 2014. Now it just continues with that trend.

I am a big fanboy of the game and enjoy it very much, but I am also very critical of its developers when I feel they let the game's quality decrease. When they delay a patch or push out a game update with not a lot of content, I want to tell them what I think of it and how they can improve.

Veteran players like me were spoiled with the 6-9 week patches of 2013 and have been starving for lots of content since the start of the Forged Alliances flashpoints; all the bugs and missing translations following the patches have tested my patience. It is just not fun running a flashpoint when you can't read any text or hear any voiceover, you don't get the full story experience; or if you need to switch to the English client because some of the new guild adminitstration features were not translated (and some are still displaying "loc:1234:guild" today). I put all my hopes in the Makeb-sized expansion at the end of the year (3.0) and it keeps me occupied for now but I am hoping that they'll get back to the old patch cycle with all translations included on release and not too many bugs.

The unclear roadmap for 2015 (what is considered a "major update"?) and their unwillingness to talk why the patch cycles were increased leaves me doubtful of the future. Obviously, they still advertise the game for Episode 7 and want to bring in new players to experience the class story, the question is do they still have a budget to produce new endgame content? Since 3.2 is considered one of the two major updates this year, I think all will be cleared up once it hits the PTS and we know how much repeatable content there will be outside of the main planetary storyline.

Edited by Jerba

Hey everyone!

We are going to be pushing the maintenance window to later this week. I don't have all the details right now, but this thread will be updated when I do.

Thank you for your understanding!

-Tait

I know what happened! They forgot about the rest of the marauder buffs so they are working on them as of now so our class can be competitive again by 3.1.1 like they promised! Thanks Bioware!!!! Im so excited about the mobility and damage changes that we asked for so we can surpass the rDPS Meta that you created! :rak_03:

The Bounty Contract event was never intended to start today. It is slated to begin on the 17th.
So this is one of those times it's scheduled 5 weeks after the last one instead of 4 like the others?

Is it because the last one was pushed back or just an oddity in the calendar?

let's not go back to december let's go back 2 weeks ago when they were going to release 3.1, did they not delay just like this time saying otherwise there would be some quick hotfixes had to be employed? then what did they do? they failed to fix what they said would fix in patch note and not only that they broke even more stuff. And now again they are delaying patch.

I'm confused by what is being stated here.

First: 3.1 was deployed on Thursday, February 12th after being delayed 2 days. Almost 4 weeks ago. Not 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago, nothing was released.

Second: what exactly did they fail to fix in 3.1 and that was documented in the patch notes? The only problem I remember from 3.1 was that during the first few hours the new Legacy unlock, Improved Mounting, had an issue during the first few hours after the patch went live: the issue was fixed by the time I logged on at about 19:00 GMT.

I really am at a loss about what has been so terrible lately... they delayed one patch by 2 days about a month ago... 3 weeks later they deployed a minor patch (3.1a) to fix achievements and bugs in The Ravagers op... and now they have delayed another patch...

Not to mention the complaints (by another poster, not the one quoted above) that the patch cycle has increased... what??? 3.1.1 is being released 4 weeks after 3.1...

At a complete loss about these complaints. Can someone please enlighten me?

• Dev Post
So this is one of those times it's scheduled 5 weeks after the last one instead of 4 like the others?

Is it because the last one was pushed back or just an oddity in the calendar?

Hey Rankyn!

This is a great question. A couple of things. It is my understanding that although the event typically will fall on the second Tuesday of each month, this isn't always true (although it usually is!). The best way to see the exact timing of Bounty Contract Week is to refer to the patch notes. We will always indicate in the notes when the next Bounty Contract Week will occur. This can be little odd since we will note it in the closest patch before the start of the event. Meaning it could be 2-3 weeks in advance, or the day before.

I realize that isn't ideal. I am going to talk to the dev team and see if I can get a more concrete schedule for the event. This way all of you will have better date information without having to wait only for the patch notes.

-eric

The Bounty Contract event was never intended to start today. It is slated to begin on the 17th.

Hasn't Bounty Week always started the second Tuesday of the month? If you're going to change what the pattern has been, it would be nice to inform your customers sooner than this.

Hey Rankyn!

This is a great question. A couple of things. It is my understanding that although the event typically will fall on the second Tuesday of each month, this isn't always true (although it usually is!). The best way to see the exact timing of Bounty Contract Week is to refer to the patch notes. We will always indicate in the notes when the next Bounty Contract Week will occur. This can be little odd since we will note it in the closest patch before the start of the event. Meaning it could be 2-3 weeks in advance, or the day before.

I realize that isn't ideal. I am going to talk to the dev team and see if I can get a more concrete schedule for the event. This way all of you will have better date information without having to wait only for the patch notes.

-eric

The reason I'm asking is because It's usually been on the 2nd Tuesday of the month and they're almost always 4 weeks apart.

Sometimes they're 5 weeks apart because of the way Tuesdays fall but this is the first time I can remember it being 5 weeks since the last one AND not on the 2nd Tuesday so I'm just wondering if this is an aberration or some sort of new schedule for them.

-eric

If only we had an ingame event calendar, amirite?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I have seen some questions about why we delayed the patch so I thought I would let you know what caused the delay. There is an issue that would cause character's with certain facial features, during conversations, to have their faces become blacked out or to appear bright pink.

We are working through getting this addressed. Tait will be updating this thread, but our plan is to have the maintenance at the previously scheduled time, tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

-eric

Hey folks,

I have seen some questions about why we delayed the patch so I thought I would let you know what caused the delay. There is an issue that would cause character's with certain facial features, during conversations, to have their faces become blacked out or to appear bright pink.

We are working through getting this addressed. Tait will be updating this thread, but our plan is to have the maintenance at the previously scheduled time, tomorrow (Thursday) morning.

-eric

Thanks for the openness, that goes a long way toward communicating with us and makes us more understanding of why patches need to be delayed.

Let's hope you'll be able to keep the plan and we'll get the maintenance tomorrow. :)

Edited by Jerba

Hey folks,

-eric

Reminds me of the glowing pink eyes during 1.2 testing...I remember I really wanted those to become a real eye color.

Hey folks,

-eric

Probably a good decision. I can imagine the backlash of people accusing Bioware of being racist and calling it the blackface bug.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks Eric.

Hey folks,

-eric

I've actually experienced this bug very briefly earlier this week. During my final class mission on Belsavis as my Inquistor, as I was walking up the steps into the mother machine, my characters face became entirely black with no texture or detail for one brief shot, 2-3 seconds tops. At the time, I thought it was hilarious, but not something I'd like to see happen all the time obviously. ;)