Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

BioWare is partnering with ESL to host our first ever “Operation Victory” tournament. It is a contest to “speedrun” our 8-man story mode Operations from Shadow of Revan. We wanted to give you about a week’s notice so you have time to get your teams together and establish your strategies.

We will announce all of the details within the next week but here are some of the key pieces of information:

• The competition will be team based and all Operations run will be 8-man story mode
  • The qualifying heat will be one week – starting next Tuesday
  • The entire tournament will run over a few weeks with you submitting your timed runs to ESL
  • The best teams of the qualifying round will advance to the final round – winners based on details we’ll provide
  • There are some serious rewards up for grabs including, but not limited to, cash prizes for the top two teams, in-game items, and even a trip to be our guest at STAR WARS: Celebration!

Look for another post within the next week detailing everything about the contest. I know many of you will be showcasing your practice, and real runs, on Twitch. I will make a separate thread closer to contest where you can post your twitch channels along with dates/times! I am looking forward to seeing all of the great Operations runs.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well on my server there are a handful of guilds that always get server firsts and do everything HM before the rest have cleared SM.

I'm thinking that this might be a nice competition for them, but what about the other 95% of players?

I mean I don't see how anybody would beat these teams especially when they have multiple alts all geared up to have multiple attempts...

Just too bad most of us won't ever get near these "serious rewards" but it's probably a good way to advertise the game a bit more.

Hm, would hope to hear some details on this. While I'm sure my raid group is interested in this, we'd have to abandon HM progression to record the speedruns. Also, in the end it will be just a DPS check - I don't think anyone wipes on story mode, so it will come down to which groups can clear the bosses and trash the fastest, probably with just one healer and tank... :(

Hm, would hope to hear some details on this. While I'm sure my raid group is interested in this, we'd have to abandon HM progression to record the speedruns. Also, in the end it will be just a DPS check - I don't think anyone wipes on story mode, so it will come down to which groups can clear the bosses and trash the fastest, probably with just one healer and tank... :(

check the whiners before your post, bugs are killing them, but they are decent players otherwise!

Edited by invertioN

check the whiners before your post, bugs are killing them, but they are decent players otherwise!

This contest is not for guilds who are held up by bugs. No progression guild I know of has encountered the Underlurker cross or Coratanni resetting bug, and if they have, they are not wiping due to such a bug.

This contest is not for guilds who are held up by bugs. No progression guild I know of has encountered the Underlurker cross or Coratanni resetting bug, and if they have, they are not wiping due to such a bug.

You don't know what Coratanni bug is, do you?

pick full stealth team, boom y win gg

^^ This x100. Who had the brilliant idea of placing adds with millions of HP inside ToS? Those alone take minutes to kill, a stealth team can easily shave 10-15 minutes off of the whole raid; you can never close such a gap with a regular group.

And can we please get a word on the full rules and regulations soon? In Any% speedruns, by default any means to finish the level are allowed, including exploits and glitches, and I don't think they'd want to encourage that.

You don't know what Coratanni bug is, do you?

I've read about a few groups complaining on the forums about it but I've killed her many times without encountering any problems week after week.

Edited by Jerba

Please explain your magic solution to completing Coratanni when she decides to attack her own escape pod.