Producer’s Road Map 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear about further plans to continue the story, switched from preferred played to the subscriber due to the story arc in Shadow of Revan

I hope we can choose one of those awesome characters (Theron Shan, Lana Beniko, and Jakarro the Wookiee) from SoR as the companion. At the end that great team was separated and the future is uncertain.

Can't wait!

You'd think that with most of the comments on this thread that this producers road map was detailing the whole year....but it isn't. It detailed plans for the first half of the year! Wow some people just don't know how to read. They re going to get the story content out of the way and then they will give us pvp/pve content. I'm perfectly fine with waiting for pvp content if it means we get some more story and also a quality of life improvement. The pvp content is coming! We will probably get a new map and pvp mode this year. But even then, a lot of the pvper that post on these forums will find a way to whine about that to.

Where are you and that other mall santa sunshine pumper guy getting your info? Mind sharing it? At least many of the people complaining are speaking from experience. You appear to be just making stuff up.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Producer's Road Map 2014

Hello everyone!

I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in 2014. I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on! As always, these dates are subject to change, but I will give you our best estimate based on what the teams are shooting for as of right now.

We can’t wait for you to see what we have in store for you, but first I’d like to take a moment to give the teams working on The Old Republic a giant hug. In 2013, the team fulfilled the promise of delivering Game Updates every 8 weeks, and introduced an enormous amount of amazing quality gameplay content and new features. Star Wars: The Old Republic has really grown and changed over the last year - veterans that have been with us since launch know what I mean.

Let’s talk about some of the things coming next:

February 4th: Game Update 2.6 – Galactic Starfighter Digital Expansion, Free-to-Play Launch

Galactic Starfighter is now available to Free-to-Play players

SIX new Galactic Starfighter ships featuring a new ship role, the Bomber - tough support ships that deploy mines and drones on the battlefield. They can even place Hyperspace Beacons which function as mobile respawn points for their allies!

This update also introduces Galactic Starfighter Detailed Scoreboards with loads of new post-match information about your battle performance

Your personal Galactic Starfighter Battle Record with detailed lifetime battle stats, and the ability to link each stat to chat

Kuat Drive Yards is a vital starship construction site that is of interest to both factions, and forms the setting for a new modular type of flashpoint that contains different scenarios each time you play it. Kuat Drive Yards Tactical Flashpoint scales in difficulty with your level and is available to players starting at level 15

March 14th – March 17th: Double XP weekend!

April 8th: Game Update 2.7

Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale

Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress Operation and a new tier of gear

New Huttball Warzone on Quesh

New Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone

June 10th: Game Update 2.8

Nightmare Mode Dread Palace Operation

New ships and an entirely new Ship Role for Galactic Starfighter

And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point - we will reveal more once we are a bit closer to June

There’s a lot of stuff being worked on! The team that brought you 2013 is still here and working hard to bring you another action packed year. As I write this we are actively developing all of the above as well as PvP Seasons, new Flashpoints, new Operations, new gear, performance improvements, and changes coming to Classes. Expect to see two digital expansions in 2014 just like you did last year, with one similar to Galactic Starfighter in scope and one more closely resembling Rise of the Hutt Cartel. We reserve the right to adjust our plans based on bad reasons like Snow Days in Austin(!) or good reasons like your feedback, but our current plan is to deliver all of the above to you in 2014.

There is one change to our development cadence I would like to share: In order to increase our testing time before Game Updates, we are going to move to a 3 week cycle between minor patches, instead of two weeks. While this does mean we are moving to a 9 week cadence for the major content updates, we feel the benefit of catching pesky bugs and improving quality is worth it and we remain committed to hitting our deadlines for all of our major content updates this year.

As we get closer, we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these new features - keep your eyes glued to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also join us at our Community Cantina Tours as they continue this year; we have a lot of new cities on the list and we look forward to chatting with you about what you’d like to see next.

We are excited for 2014 and hope you are as well! Thanks again for your incredible support over the past year!

Bruce Maclean

Senior Producer

Discuss This Article

LucasArts Bioware Electronic Arts

This! And now compare it to 2015 --__--

Edited by ajiehblr

Another "meh" roadmap. I bet the new planets will be like tiny islands where you can go from one end to the other on a speeder in about 15 minutes. We will also have reskinned armors. Existing flashpoints will get little harder, add a bonus boss and will be called HMFP. I play this game due to my buddies and Star Wars (I am a fanboy). But this game is going down the drains lately. Edited by KJOhio

When I first saw the announcement I beamed with joy...Did they actually do what I had always been hoping for? Publish a roadmap for the whole year, giving us a rough outline of what to expect OP/FP/PvP and expansion wise?

Then I read through it and discover that they're only talking about half the year at best and all of the info is already out there...well played BW.:rolleyes:

EDIT:

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the costume designer and Ziost, but until they state otherwise I'll have to assume that that they'll continue releasing tiny expansions like SoR that only offer 1 storyline for all and therefore not a whole lot of replayability.

Edited by Knorlac

You know guys....this road map is disappointing. If you don't have anything good to share in the future I would not share at all -- my opinion. The only thing in my opinion that really counts as playable content on that list is Ziost, & even then that sounds like another Oricon -- daily planet. Will it have raids? Will it have Flashpoints? Will it have class missions?

I mean the new race is cool & I'll buy it just to support you, but it's not going to change my experience as a whole -- a new class would!! I'm really not all that excited about a new stronghold either, moreover, the one I have is too expensive as is. Overall Grade C

PS: Thank you for the class content in SoR, but I want more!! More than just one missions too.....each new planet should have a chain for each class.

The only thing that looked interesting is the designer update, the start and end of pvp seasons so soon is bs. Translation devs February start spring finish really? Changing gear out that fast is only going to burn players out quickly. Not to mention the long list of problems with pvp that you continue to ignore. The cluster F that was the new huttball wz. Your mini tiny box arenas for op classes.

Another stronghold? Your going to waste your time with that? Let me clue you in own something unless your actually going to let Guilds go at pvp/rp wise in the opposing factions stronghold, you are just creating another place, that will turn into a ghost town.

Story content? Again who the blazes do you have in charge of resource management over there? Any idiot who plays online games can tell you the result from that. You come out with the content with in one weeks time everyone's burned through it. Then its back to broken pvp, and for pvers doing the same fps/ops over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

I would forget about saving your companies arse by doing what you do best, and maybe focus on fixing that massive broken gap at the end game. Here is something else to chew on, soe messed up a some critical areas in swg, and ever since then their reputation by players has been sealed. My point is keep screwing up swtor, and only die hard fans are ever going to buy any of your games again.

Very Disappointing

Same information from PAX with a sprinkle of slipped dates (Costume April > Spring).

Nothing like 2014 Roadmap with DATES and real information

Nothing about this "Better than Cross Server PVP" mentioned several times now

Ziost storyline does sound cool, but doesn't negate all the "MIA" around the rest of the content

Sorry Bioware, but you guys really need to step up your game in the communications / PR area. This was a rehash of what we already knew two weeks ago. WHY did it take 2 weeks to repost this crap?

Edited by dscount

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I am seeing a few questions in this thread that I want to address. First, just a general reminder. This Producer Letter from Bruce is not a comprehensive list of every piece of content or feature you will see this year. It is primarily targeting the beginning of the year. As the we get further into the year we will continue to release more details about what we have on the horizon.

By two major content updates are we talking about expansion sized stuff like strongholds/gsf or just regular patches?

What you are seeing in the Spring, with Ziost, is one of those large updates. The other update later in the year we will talk more about soon. As for some of the other questions I am seeing:

PvP and Class Balance

Bruce just came by and agreed that his Producer Letter should have mentioned Class Balance and that of course we will definitely be making Class balance changes throughout the entire year and beyond!

Queueing Issues

We are still working on this. Unfortunately, I have no further updates at this time.

Other Content (PvP/PvE)

The PVP team is as busy as ever. We aren’t ready to talk about what they are working on. Please remember that this is not a comprehensive list of the whole year, or even beyond then!

-eric

Why do you always tell us things like it was top secret ?

Devs are working on something. Hopefully they are working on the game !

Don't tell us you can't give us more info about it.

I would prefer nothing than this non-informative speech.

Give us some concrete informations instead, like if we can expect new PvP maps before march/april, if there will be balance for every class before 3.2, what is your "better than cross server" and if we'll get it before summer, etc ...

Your community is bored. Bored to see that you're trying to give us informations, but finally don't.

Telling us that we will have "something" is just useless.

We will hopefully get something since we are paying for game development.

Give us real stuff so we can try to guess what will be done and what won't be.

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

Hey folks!

The PVP team is as busy as ever.

-eric

Busy? Team? Seriously Eric, was that a joke? We didn't even get anything new for PvP in a freaking PAID expansion..and now nothing has anything been mentioned for the 2015 road map...is there honestly a "team" of people working on PvP at Bioware?! If so, what do they have to show for their hours of work?!

PvP and Class Balance

Bruce just came by and agreed that his Producer Letter should have mentioned Class Balance and that of course we will definitely be making Class balance changes throughout the entire year and beyond!

You dodged the question again. Class balance is not a PvP update.

I actually suggested this question on a reddit thread to be asked at the Cantina and it got a number of upvotes.

Asides from Alex Modny, who is on the PvP team actively working on new PvP CONTENT, not balance? Because so far as I've seen, Alex is the only one.

Edited by Nothematic

By two major content updates are we talking about expansion sized stuff like strongholds/gsf or just regular patches?
What you are seeing in the Spring, with Ziost, is one of those large updates. The other update later in the year we will talk more about soon.

Ah okay, thanks for the confirmation. The good news is that this means the second large update won't have to be released in December but sometime in summer/fall, so that the holidays won't cause any trouble and bugs will be fixed in a timely manner. :)

However, what I find concerning is that you call 3.2 one of two large updates in the year. Like I wrote, if this is a daily area like Oricon (do the storyline once, then continue doing the same quests as dailies) but without any new flashpoints or operations, you can't honestly call it a large update.

Also, I think you contradict the blog post. In there, it clearly says:

Our plan is to deliver two major updates with this new story direction later this year – one in the summer and the other by the end of the year.

Did one update get cancelled or moved to 2016? 3.2 has always been scheduled for spring, not summer, so what happened to the other update?

Edited by Jerba

What you are seeing in the Spring, with Ziost, is one of those large updates. The other update later in the year we will talk more about soon. As for some of the other questions I am seeing:

That doesn't really feel like an answer. Is it going to be something on the scale of your previous free expansions, like GSF or GSH where you're adding a good amount, or is it going to be on the scale of something like Black Hole, CZ-198, or Oricon, where it's pretty much just another location with a couple quests?

Edit: And if these are just two "major updates with this new story direction" and not on the scale of the previous expansions, can we also expect expansion level content?

Edited by MillionsKNives