Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there any forthcoming PvP content in 3.0?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is there any forthcoming PvP content in 3.0?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jaiyne
10.06.2014 , 10:33 AM | #1
Conspicuously absent from the 3.0 announcement was a single drop of PvP content or news. Can we expect something?
*Saeya*Shiva**Jaiyne*India*Syarae*

on some dead servers atm

collinc
10.06.2014 , 10:34 AM | #2
Not announced, but I would hazard a guess that there will be something new for 3.0. At the very least a new gear grind.

Keep in mind that pvp has gotten stuff in the past year, this is the first new operation in over a year. They should be focusing on it.

ParagonAX
10.06.2014 , 10:41 AM | #3
No new "content" announced.

However, "new challenges" await PvPers when broken specs inevitably arise from the disciplines change, leading to OP FOTM classes that will not be balanced for at least 5-6 patches.

This is what is known as "Nightmare Mode PvP".

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20141006
GM of <Triumph>

BubblŽs | Missbehavžn | Stormrayne | Firerayne | Radžance | Ggclose

The <Confirmed> Legacy

Consider supporting me and Triumph by clicking my referral link here

CmdrShpd
10.06.2014 , 10:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiyne View Post
Conspicuously absent from the 3.0 announcement was a single drop of PvP content or news. Can we expect something?
I would like to know this as well.
Refer-a-friend. Click for free SWTOR goodies!
The Vakarian Legacy
<The Harbinger>

EricMusco
10.06.2014 , 12:31 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiyne View Post
Hey Jaiyne,

Good question, let me take a stab at this one. If you are asking specifically for news about new content, such as a Warzone or Arena map, then the answers is unfortunately no. There are no new maps, specific to PvP coming in the expansion.

However, if you are asking about changes coming to PvP then the answer is a resounding yes. Disciplines by itself will entirely change the landscape of Classes in PvP in 3.0 and shortly after 3.0 we will begin Season 4 of ranked play. In addition, there are a host of other global combat changes which will be coming as a part of 3.0 which will directly impact PvP. As just one example we are changing how set bonuses work! We will have more details on that, and all of the other global combat changes in a future livestream. So while there is no new specific PvP content in 3.0 there are many system updates and changes that affect every second of PvP coming!

As a reminder, we will be streaming tomorrow to showcase Disciplines. Then at some point in the coming weeks, we will do a secondary stream talking all about those global combat changes we referenced above.

Hope that answers the question!

-eric
Eric Musco | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nothematic
10.06.2014 , 12:34 PM | #6
Disappointing, but not unexpected. Good to see balancing getting a major overhaul though.
Coastas - 70 Marauder | Confidential - 70 Operative
[DARTH MALGUS]

CmdrShpd
10.06.2014 , 12:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Jaiyne,

Good question, let me take a stab at this one. If you are asking specifically for news about new content, such as a Warzone or Arena map, then the answers is unfortunately no. There are no new maps, specific to PvP coming in the expansion.

However, if you are asking about changes coming to PvP then the answer is a resounding yes. Disciplines by itself will entirely change the landscape of Classes in PvP in 3.0 and shortly after 3.0 we will begin Season 4 of ranked play. In addition, there are a host of other global combat changes which will be coming as a part of 3.0 which will directly impact PvP. As just one example we are changing how set bonuses work! We will have more details on that, and all of the other global combat changes in a future livestream. So while there is no new specific PvP content in 3.0 there are many system updates and changes that affect every second of PvP coming!

As a reminder, we will be streaming tomorrow to showcase Disciplines. Then at some point in the coming weeks, we will do a secondary stream talking all about those global combat changes we referenced above.

-eric
Well, that is disappointing, but I appreciate that you told us now so that we can moderate our expectations.
Refer-a-friend. Click for free SWTOR goodies!
The Vakarian Legacy
<The Harbinger>

Elminster_cs
10.06.2014 , 12:35 PM | #8
Hey Jaiyne,

-eric
No Open World PvP... Incredible Disciplines "are for PvP balance" but no PvP content?
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Essence_of_Light
10.06.2014 , 12:38 PM | #9
Thanks for the clarification, Eric.
For the Republic!
Click my referral link here for free
goodies like Cartel Market unlocks
!

BlackEyeArtistry
10.06.2014 , 12:43 PM | #10
Hey Jaiyne,

-eric
So what your saying is No pvp work was done, and your going to try and sell your dumbed down talent tree as a pvp change. You clearly do not understand your player base.