Thmsleon

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is saying they're evil..

...just incompetent.

Really?

I've been asked "how long is this going to take"....throw out a number without really knowing the details or being allowed to investigate further. So, when that number goes flying by am I also incompetent, or was there new information gained that changed the outcome beyond my original control.

They throw out a date almost a month in advance and people hold it to them like it was signed in blood.

They DON'T give a date and so help your forums due to the hate and anger for not being told everything at once.

GIVE A date and miss it and so help your forums for being incompetent and lying about everything

GIVE a date and hit it, but with less than EVERYTHING, same thing.

What do you want from them. Every tidbit of information 6 years ahead of schedule so you can plan out your next 15 years of playing?

J.J Abrams could release the entire script to SW EP 7 and a) be blasted for spoilers b) blasted for not releasing it sooner c) changing somethign in the movie that WASN'T in the script because no matter what some fans favorite moment wont be done exactly like they published in the script.

If you are only subbing for the information on 3.0...**** this game is not for you.

Unless we get a Krayt Dragon mount, i think this is gonna blow up in biowares face.

It's a bad move 'cause it creates expectations of something omg amazing for subs and if they don't deliver with something worthy of weeks-long delay, it ain't gonna be pretty. They should've just announced it this week and add that they're working on another sub-perk to be revealed later

Going to agree with Darth Wicked. It's poor form. Let's say you're a software company and you're getting ready to announce an expansion. You pick a date for this announcement. You even go so far as to say publicly when abouts this announcement will be.

If you do all this, you're gonna KNOW what's coming in said expansion. It's in the final stages. You can SAY it's three WZ maps, two ops, nine strongholds, three planets, six ships, one companion, whatever. You know this.

If you DON'T, you don't make an announcement.

Only thing that could influence this delay is the release date. Someone missed a deadline and they can't be sure anymore. They're covering bases first.

Not buying this special subscriber perk. At. ALL. That is nothing but fluff, a shiny extra to win over the sentiments.

The real issue is the release date. They're not sure.

I doubt any subscribers really care for extra, we just want to know what the new content is rather than sit here with nothing to do but wait for an announcement that lets us know how many more months we'll be waiting for new content.

What do you mean Mikey? I totally want to know what worthless pet, speeder, and title I am going to get that everyone else is going to have as well. Knowing that information is totally worth waiting an extra couple weeks for a release date and general information.

Stay back, I’m holding a thermal detonator! To answer your question about the expansion announcement:

Soon™! We are holding the announcement back a bit to add something really nice for subscribers, and we’ll be revealing all shortly - a couple of weeks at the latest. The delay of announcement has no effect on the expansion schedule, and we are still sticking to our commitment of launching it this year.

Special for subscriber

Reskinned mount or pet, reskinned decoration or title. But only one of those items.

Since I just ruined special thing for subs Bruce can we please get some information? Lets face it you could release the information you were planning on before this delay than tell us about sub's

Reskinned mount or pet, reskinned decoration or title. But only one of those items.

in 2 weeks.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

First, I want to apologize for the last minute nature of getting you the information on the delay. I know many of you are frustrated that Tait and I didn't mention anything on the stream on Friday. Simply put, the studio was doing everything possible to still announce all of the details today or tomorrow, in September. Unfortunately, as of today, we moved the timeline back and so we told you once that decision was made. I realize "a couple of weeks sounds ominous," but know that everyone is hard at work to get you this information as soon as we can (which will hopefully be sooner, rather than later).

We are all really excited to share details of our next expansion with you. I know you are all eager to hear details, any details, and we will get you all of the details as soon as we can. We just want to make sure all of the information is correct before we put it out there.

Thank you again for your patience with this.

-eric

Hey, all you people who constantly ask why BW doesn't give out information more often and wonder why the developers keep things quiet until it's all set in stone....

This thread and the freak-outs contained therein is exactly why they don't give out info before it's set in stone.

I mean, people are having full blown meltdowns because of a delay in an announcement of an expansion that we all know is going to happen before the end of the year.

Think about that for a second.

Hey folks,

First, I want to apologize for the last minute nature of getting you the information on the delay. I know many of you are frustrated that Tait and I didn't mention anything on the stream on Friday. Simply put, the studio was doing everything possible to still announce all of the details today or tomorrow, in September. Unfortunately, as of today, we moved the timeline back and so we told you once that decision was made. I realize "a couple of weeks sounds ominous," but know that everyone is hard at work to get you this information as soon as we can (which will hopefully be sooner, rather than later).

We are all really excited to share details of our next expansion with you. I know you are all eager to hear details, any details, and we will get you all of the details as soon as we can. We just want to make sure all of the information is correct before we put it out there.

-eric

Thanks Eric. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'll be expecting that Dinobot Mount in the mail soon.

Hey folks,

-eric

But will we get details?!

Hey folks,

-eric

Well as annoying as the push back is, I do thank you for apologizing (really that goes a long way). Looking forward to whenever the information is released!

Hey folks,

-eric

There you go playing firefighter to our forum flames.

Most of us don't hold anything against you and understand that being the voice tends to also be the target.

Hey folks,

-eric

Facta non verba.

I don't believe you.

Hey, all you people who constantly ask why BW doesn't give out information more often and wonder why the developers keep things quiet until it's all set in stone....

This thread and the freak-outs contained therein is exactly why they don't give out info before it's set in stone.

I mean, people are having full blown meltdowns because of a delay in an announcement of an expansion that we all know is going to happen before the end of the year.

I don't know that. BioWare has SAID it, but what they SAY and what they DO are often different. At this point, I'd be willing to bet you're wrong.

Hey folks,

-eric

Honestly Eric, I'd be content to get some details now with a "check back later and we'll tell you some neat perks we're giving subscribers!" any chance you guys can let us know SOME of the details nowish and then some later?

Honestly Eric, I'd be content to get some details now with a "check back later and we'll tell you some neat perks we're giving subscribers!" any chance you guys can let us know SOME of the details nowish and then some later?

Too technically challenging. Try again later.

Also, don't forget to pre-order Shadow Realms further down the road. :D

You do realize they didn't start working on 3.0 last week. Its been in the works for months to maybe a year. They know what is core of 3.0 is going to be. There maybe something that might not make the release but they know what will. They can give some of that information instead of delaying it and hiding behind sub are getting something special. Lets face it, its another title, speeder, pet or a decoration. Nothing to write home about.