Give up 3.0 info

AussieAlan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew what the link was going to lead to before I clicked it. :p:cool:

Clicking doesn't even matter...if you don't click, that means you know what it leads to...if you know what it leads to, the song WILL BE stuck in your head. Dammed if ya do, dammed if ya don't.

Clicking doesn't even matter...if you don't click, that means you know what it leads to...if you know what it leads to, the song WILL BE stuck in your head. Dammed if ya do, dammed if ya don't.

Yeah, you're screwed either way, so you might as well just ...

. Edited by DarthDymond

• Dev Post
I would say give it a week, at most.

Since we know that the story of 3.0 is related to the Forged Alliances storyline. They are probably going to give it a few days for everyone to get a chance to play it before they put out details that may spoil the new FP.

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

You nailed it. We have been holding back 3.0 details because <SPOILERS!!>. But now that Forged Alliances is out there with this morning's launch of 2.10 we're letting folks have a little time with Rakata Prime and then spilling the beans on 3.0. Look for a teaser within a week, and then a full announce before the end of month!

Yay

*insert gloat about being right* :rak_03:

Ah, the old "stop playing" solution. Just what everyone wants. It's like the McRib. I simply stop craving it the other 11 months of the year. Easy peasy.

You know, I was doing a perfectly good job of not craving a McRib this month. Until I read this thread. :(

Thank you for the reply Bruce. We ask because we're anxious :)

Woohoo! Best news all day! Looking forward to it! :D

Huzzah! PRAISE THE SUN! :p

Seriously though, thanks for letting us know Bruce. A little communication goes a long way. ;)

Must have more kephess in 3.0 :tran_angel:

Full announcement towards the end of the month. So that means that either it is getting less than 3 months lead up time; Much less lead up time than GSH, GSF, and RotHC. Or it's being delayed into 2015.

To be fair, a lot of lead up to Makeb was not the "official" lead up. Right? Anyway, three months should be more than plenty of time.

Launching Christmas Day, 2014.

j/k

Full announcement towards the end of the month. So that means that either it is getting less than 3 months lead up time; Much less lead up time than GSH, GSF, and RotHC. Or it's being delayed into 2015.

Not getting delayed. I don't know why people persist with this.

If the "lead up time" you were talking about was the development time, I'd actually be worried about that, but all that has been shortened relative to GSH, GSF and RotHC is the press/hype lead up time.

They made the choice to focus their teasers and previews of the last few months on the more immediate updates (GSH, Forged Alliances) rather than splitting the focus of their hype between those and this new expansion. A big part of that was probably to avoid spoilers, given that the "new storyline" hook was an important part of 2.7, 2.9 and 2.10.

Is 3 months a fairly short lead-up in terms of hyping an expansion in this industry? It's on the short end, for sure, especially compared to the way Blizzard handles their updates (although I don't think even they start hyping the next expansion until the last significant update of the previous cycle is out). But it's not unprecedented, STO's Delta Rising expansion was officially announced in early August and is scheduled to come out in October.

That is

Sorry, I could not resist :p

I'm always impressed by people's abilities to rationalize and explain away any poor decision made by BW. Everyone is just so damn pleased with whatever they do.

Are you seriously telling me that you would have been perfectly happy that this morning (maybe while you were at work and have not had a chance to play the new FP) they released a trailer that spoils part of the flashpoint?

I'm always impressed by people's abilities to rationalize and explain away any poor decision made by BW. Everyone is just so damn pleased with whatever they do.

There's no need to get upset over it.

We've been saying for months now that they wouldn't hype 3.0 until after 2.10 dropped and look at that, they're going to be hyping 3.0 now that 2.10 has dropped.

Logic, it's so much like magic that it almost rhymes.