Light side Sith Warrior - does it get any more believable?

ZakMorgan

I have been searching the threads for a topic like this and i wanted to put in y two cents, i hope you dont mind.

I have played my Juggernaut mostly LS. Dutiful to the empire but not a Heartless Killer. Compassion is an emotion that i think is rather powerful and the ability to show it shouldnt be penalized as a pansy and i have had some pretty epic moments so far. and if you really read into the Context of your decisions most LS choices arent all Shinny Carebears and Butterflies. mosst of the LS choices i have made have been Not blatently slaughtering innocents etc.

When met by a Jedi ont he Field of battle My warrior is respectful Honorable and although He isnt a mindless killer he relishes the Chance to test himslef against Jedi and has Slain a few.

Bottom line i dont think LS means you have to be a total Pansy i just think that you Can show Honor to your enemies a you slay them (this may only Make sense to me but idk... i like it so far)

An example would be on Balmora (wich i have just completed). when you go to Find and dispose of rRylons Son you could kill him right off or make a a different decison personally the Choices i made explained to him why i couldnt let him leave there alive and slew him. Also when i actually faced Rylon at the end of the Planet story He already knew he was going to die i Made him tell the Spec ops Commando that he was and had been an Undercover agent of the empire and then Had him face me in Single combat so that he died and Honorable death.

I guess everyones Choices will be different but just because you play a LS SW doesnt mean that you can Make some DS choices when the feel right. and as other posters have said the Jedi that your warrior will face throught the game (or at least the ones i have met) were all pious and the choice to slay them was easily made... there nieve nature was disturbing. Passion is a key poitn of the sith way. i dont believe that meants that only rage and anger apply mastering and channeling all emotion would make for the superior SW in my oppinion. for a lore reference look to Lord Kel'eth Ur

and because of his knowledge the Empire went to great lengths to imprison him for fear of the power that he had discovered. just a thought.

Choose your own detiny :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem here is that Bioware misrepresented what "Light Side" and "Dark Side" actually mean. Trying to make sense and justifications ingame is therefore pointless.

The problem is that the Dark Side tends towards the Stupid Evil side of the spectrum.

It helps to pick DS choices when you feel it's appropriate. It's hard to get into the story of a character when you force yourself to always pick a certain alignment option. ...

Bingo.

The smartest thing a player can do if they actually want to enjoy the story is turn off the light/dark side display. Pick the choice you want to pick; do not be a slave to the white sun or the red triangle. I feel sorry for anyone who is 100% anything, because deep down they are missing out on the story they want, just so they can play the story that was handed to them.

If you find you enjoy light side (or dark side) decisions, pause for a moment to ask yourself why you enjoy those decisions. Do you enjoy them because a little symbol and number pops up at the bottom of the screen, or do you enjoy them because they seem like what your character would do and they make for a better story? When you see the decision that your character would do, do it. It will make the whole game more fun. Don't spare the guy that you really want to kill (or murder the guy you'd really rather spare) just because it gets you the right little symbol; do what you really want to do and don't let the game boss you around.

Any negative affection hit from a conversation can be mended just by throwing a few more gifts at them; you can always go back and metagame that penalty away later to get your Legacy bonuses.

Any opposite alignment hit from a conversation can be mended by running lowbie flashpoints or just using Diplomacy; you can always go back and metagame that penalty away later to get what you need for your relic.

Your Class and Planetary Missions can only be run ONE time on each character. You only get one chance to get it right. If you do something you don't enjoy just to get the right "points", the entire story suffers for it and becomes less fun. Don't throw away your one chance to sass Darth Baras, boink Vette's sister, or turn Jaesa into the Padawan that you want her to be, just so that you can avoid buying a few extra gifts and running Black Talon a few extra times. You can clean up the numbers when you're 55, but on the journey, do not let anything ever tempt you into hitting that Escape button.

Does the Light Side Sith Warrior work? Sure does. I've got a Juggernaut who ended up at Light III when he reached 55. Played him in a sort of Kill Bill capacity, a person who fights with honor and respects a good warrior, who takes no pleasure in killing civilians or helpless people, who wants to meet his opponants face to face. That samurai code Sith Warrior netted me Light Side probably 3/4 of the time. But it was still peppered with Dark choices here and there, in particular when the Light side seemed just too cowardly or weak.

My Marauder ended up Dark IV. Dark side worked too, by making him more selfish, arrogant, and manipulative. Willing to stoop to any depravity in order to win, but not doing flatly stupid things that just had no reason.

The stories aren't designed to be played "Pure". Qui-Gon took Dark Side points when he abandoned the other Jedi in order to escape with Obi-Wan. Yoda took Dark Side points when he tells Luke to let his friends and sister die so that he can continue his training. Vader took Light Side when he convinces Palpatine that Luke could be turned instead of just killed. The world is not black and white, but varying degrees of grey.

Play the story you want. You are the boss, not the white sun or red triangle.

• 6 months later...
^ What the guy above me said . It's nice to see a MMO where you can 're-live' such Epic moments and you can 're-live' them your way (It's like changing History) . You can play as Sith,Jedi,Grey Jedi/Grey Sith etc etc ... You have no LIMITS , your story , your way , your epic moments . It's ok , hearing Ppls advices , but that doesn't mean you have to do the same nor does it mean you'll enjoy the story the way 'she/he' did . Edited by ahzecklawd

^ What the guy above me said . It's nice to see a MMO where you can 're-live' such Epic moments and you can 're-live' them your way (It's like changing History) . You can play as Sith,Jedi,Grey Jedi/Grey Sith etc etc ... You have no LIMITS , your story , your way , your epic moments . It's ok , hearing Ppls advices , but that doesn't mean you have to do the same nor does it mean you'll enjoy the story the way 'she/he' did .

Normally necros are a bad thing, but I agree with you. Drug Cartel's post is so spot on that it should be stickied in its own thread.

I played my Sith like an anti-hero.

My Sith whole heartily believes in the Sith code. He believes that if you are strong enough to take something, then that something is yours. He isn't a psychopath however, and doesn't enjoy killing just anybody. He prefers a challenge, and the competition, and the drive to be the best, is why he believes in being a Sith.

I believe if you are this kind of light sided Sith, then it makes perfect sense. If you are hoping to be a Jedi with a Sith story, you will find alot of it not making sense.

First of all, why does "not a bloodthirsty sociopath" always = "pansy" to people? That's a 14-year-old's idea of ******ery and it's retarded. In D&D terms, those kinds of "Chaotic Evil" players are what we call "Chaotic Stupid" because they die very quickly due to their juvenile antics.

Secondly, I play my Sith as a neutral character, walking a path of balance. The inspiration for this path actually came from the idea of a ronin-like character. He's honorable and noble, but ruthless. He serves the Empire and the Sith faithfully, but is not needlessly cruel.

Thirdly, most "true Sith" (those who follow the Chaotic Stupid path) don't even understand the Sith Code they so blindly cling to.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain power

Through power, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Force shall free me.

However, these Chaotic Stupid Sith believe that if you don't embrace and indulge in every passion, every emotion, and every impulse, you're weak, a pansy, "Jedi-like" etc, not realizing that in so doing...they have broken their own code. The whole idea behind the Sith code is freedom through passions, ie: not shackling their passions like the Jedi do. However, these Chaotic Stupid Sith become, in turn, shackled BY their passions. They are a slave to their passions, pretending they are freed by them.

My Neutral-aligned Sith doesn't suppress his passions, but neither is he slave to them. His passions serve him, not the other way 'round.

My level 55 Sith Pureblood Sith Marauder is Light Side III, and I plan on going all the way to the top. He despises the Empire, abandoned the Sith Code, evil, and the Dark Side, feels no need to eradicate the Jedi or the Republic as they are no threat to him, is against slavery and racism to aliens, and is still a bad-***. My favorite line of his? "Let this be a message to the rest of you."-Darth Pestilences to the Dark Council. Edited by that_Spartan_IV

First of all, why does "not a bloodthirsty sociopath" always = "pansy" to people? That's a 14-year-old's idea of ******ery and it's retarded. In D&D terms, those kinds of "Chaotic Evil" players are what we call "Chaotic Stupid" because they die very quickly due to their juvenile antics.

Secondly, I play my Sith as a neutral character, walking a path of balance. The inspiration for this path actually came from the idea of a ronin-like character. He's honorable and noble, but ruthless. He serves the Empire and the Sith faithfully, but is not needlessly cruel.

Thirdly, most "true Sith" (those who follow the Chaotic Stupid path) don't even understand the Sith Code they so blindly cling to.

The Force shall free me.

However, these Chaotic Stupid Sith believe that if you don't embrace and indulge in every passion, every emotion, and every impulse, you're weak, a pansy, "Jedi-like" etc, not realizing that in so doing...they have broken their own code. The whole idea behind the Sith code is freedom through passions, ie: not shackling their passions like the Jedi do. However, these Chaotic Stupid Sith become, in turn, shackled BY their passions. They are a slave to their passions, pretending they are freed by them.

My Neutral-aligned Sith doesn't suppress his passions, but neither is he slave to them. His passions serve him, not the other way 'round.

I never understood the stupid evil that most people tend to go for with their Sith.

Although I don't play neutral, or at least don't consider my character neutral, I play my Sith the same way as you.

I choose the responses that fit the situation and character, not whatever gives me dark side points.

I find the best way to play the SW story is to start out straight up "sounds like a good oportunity for violence" darkside SW but slowly progress into a SW that has matured into someone that understands the force and has overcome the rage that he was raised to embrace. 5000 DS points and light V. I find this also makes for a smooth transition into LS that does not feel out of place finally peeking when you SPOILER. but no matter how you play just make sure the character "feels" like it made the right choice. There is no right or wrong way (except the JK Darkside that is just being a dick) to play. Just play ur way and it will be theright way.

My Sith whole heartily believes in the Sith code. He believes that if you are strong enough to take something, then that something is yours. He isn't a psychopath however, and doesn't enjoy killing just anybody. He prefers a challenge, and the competition, and the drive to be the best, is why he believes in being a Sith.

I believe if you are this kind of light sided Sith, then it makes perfect sense. If you are hoping to be a Jedi with a Sith story, you will find alot of it not making sense.

The sums it up for me (and the long post with the examples)

For me Sith or Empire doesn't mean evil, it just means selfishness. Jedi will think of others in their decision making moments whereas the Empire/Sith will think mainly of the selves.

An old (bible???) story can work here (btw I'm not religious)

A man dies and is shown a glimpse of a dining room in heaven and in hell. Ini both cases the guests at the meal all have 1meter long stick instead of hands (think chopsticks). In hell everyone is doing all they can to feed themselves, battling to break their sticks, throwing fod in the air to catch it....... In heaven everyone is feeding the person sitting opposite them.

Dark vs Light. Think of yourself or of others.......

Obilam

I make it a general rule not to be cruel just for the sake of it, it's not really one that I have to enforce though as a lot of the sadistic type actions, killing for the lulz, etc just seem pointless. I just go with the more rational, goal-driven choices whilst at the same time keep the general doctrine of the empire in mind, that way my SW seems like a more believable character. If I can advance the cause without violence then that's what I do. Most of the decisions I make automatically make me more light side than not without me even having to make an effort to be so, just play like a reasonable, non psychopathic person and make sensible choices, and you can be a light sided sith without even trying. Edited by MadelineMadrigal

• 2 weeks later...

b) I don't like the robotic, naive nature of the Jedi

And here lies the problem I had with leveling a JK Guardian. It's not that the Jedi themselves are robotic or naive, it's that the voice actor for the JK just sounds like a terrible passive pansy if you're choosing light side choices. (Even Dark Side choices as the JK just sound like an apathetic father scolding his children for making a mess or something).

I've only played my light side JK to level 24, and am currently leveling my Dark V SW Jugg to 55 (He's 46 now). I completely stopped leveling the JK specifically because of how horrible he sounded making light side choices during cut scenes. I understand I'm a "protector of the peace" or whatever, but every single 'good' answer doesn't have to lead to me putting my hand on my heart and repeatedly saying "I will do everything I can possibly to aid you with this cause" or some such crap.

Plus, while leveling my SW I have come across COUNTLESS BAD A** Jedi Knights/Masters in quests/cut scenes that are still "good" and "protectors" but sound awesome. Like a hardened war veteran and such that realize you don't have to be a complete passive pansy to be "good".

Which all really sucks, because I REALLY wanted to level up a JK, but the voice acting is what turns me off of it.

Anyway, to answer your question after my rant: No, light side Sith Warrior sucks and you're right to feel like an out of place moron in the Empire. Go Dark Side.

My light/lighter sided sith warriors never neglect their natural ability to draw on the dark side and cause total mayhem when the situation arises

The best way to play this character is to not worry to much about it

Be smart and don't be afraid to be a bamf when it is warranted

The response from npc's alone is worth the price of admission just don't stymie yourself by neglecting dark side choices

• 1 month later...

One thing that struck me in KotOR and KotOR II was that Light Side dialogue options often tended toward charity for charity's sake while the corresponding Dark Side options often came across as being a big jerk, just because you could. I don't really feel that either of these are good representations of the Jedi and Sith codes.

Caving to someone's sob story and forking over a bunch of credits is a similar way of falling to your emotions as getting offended and murdering them for asking. Jedi are dispassionate, and I think this is what separates them from the bleeding-heart caregiver echoed by a lot of light side choices. Not that a Jedi would never give credits to a needy soul, but they would do so because they identified a situation where doing so also follows the Jedi Code.

If helping someone in need brings harmony to a place where chaos once ruled, then it follows that a good Jedi should help that person. If, instead, one person's ignorance has led them to asking for credits, it could be a teaching moment and a way to bring that person knowledge. In that case, turning them down might be the better option.

It is similar with the Sith Code. If two individuals have conflicted in the past and both have called some kind of truce in the present, there is a peace, but it is an obvious lie. Showing the lie for what it is, perhaps by encouraging one party to act on their passions, would be in accordance with the Sith Code. While it may seem that killing one of them would do similarly, and such is likely presented as a Dark Side option, this would actually enforce the false peace by removing the conflict entirely. Nothing was actually resolved and the un-acted upon passions will just trap the survivor in a powerless state.

At the end of the day, it's going to come down to an individual's understanding of Locus of Control and whether they feel they are the master of their own destiny or not. Someone who has an external locus of control is going to feel that events "happen" to them and their only way to be free in the Force is to "happen" to others first. This is the chip-on-your-shoulder, narcissistic, self-conscious way and is often expressed in the Dark Side choices presented in the game.

On the other hand, the individual who internalizes their Locus of Control is more confident that they are in charge of their own fate and more likely to feel that events happen around them but, whether the events affect them, is completely under their control. I find these are usually the more philosophic dialogue options, that provoke thought in the characters or the player.

Bioware pulled this off pretty well in Jade Empire with the Way of the Closed Fist. I recall, early on, you have the option of wiping out some bandits for a mother and daughter who were harassed by them. You can also soften them up a bit and then arm the girl, and encourage her to take justice into her own hands. This is definitely the "Dark Side" option, but it also shows how that option can be used by one empowered individual to teach another that power can be taken, thus empowering the other.

Either way you slice it, Light Side or Dark Side, Jedi or Sith, the choices are personal, individual and influenced by the character, their story, the people around them, and their outlook. Whether you want to be the Noble Protector or the Compassionate Giver, both are viable Light Side paths. The choice between being the randomly murderous jerk or the grim mentor falls similarly within the bounds of the Dark Side.

The Force shall free me.

This was very well said. I played my sith warrior as dark side, but by the end of act 3 he was only halfway down the dark side spectrum due to an abundance of light side choices. Honorable, noble, fiercely loyal to the empire and its ideals, and the sith code. Ruthless to enemies of the Empire and its citizens, but he didn't kill needlessly or wantonly.

Many of the cartoonishly evil sith in this game do indeed violate their code. Why? Because they are still chained. They are slaves to their emotions, impulses, and passions and are little better than they accuse the Jedi of being. Worse, they are ruled by fear and paranoia toward the great many other sith just like them. They haven't broken their chains by any stretch of the imagination.

Bioware has made what I feel are egregious errors in their representation of light side vs dark side. Light side is now synonymous with morality, even if it puts the mission objective and safety of many in jeopardy. There are a lot of what I feel are correct interpretations of light side--selflessness, the ability to see the bigger picture, forethought, empathy, the understanding of interconnectedness, etc. But then you find examples that put an entire mission and the safety of your men in peril because you want to stop and help a wounded kitten. The Jedi aren't supposed to be slaves to their emotions, and while they uphold the values and safety of the republic and its people, some of Bioware's choices are inane, counterintuitive, and outright ridiculous.

The same goes for Dark Side. Many of the dark side choices are dark side simply for the sake of dark side points, and are things people don't do unless you're a mentally defective psychopath that miraculously hasn't been imprisoned or killed despite your uncontrollable level of violence against others and likely very extensive criminal record. It's the kind of cartoonish chaotic stupid type of evil that would tear the empire apart without the republic's help in a couple of generations, and definitely not the solid foundation upon which empires are built.

The Dark Side is indulging in passion, impulse, and emotion. It is not, however, being chained to these things and acting out on every whim and impulse with reckless abandon. If it were, the empire would never get anything done and wouldn't be a threat to the republic at all ever for any reason, because it would be too busy ripping itself apart at the seams and hemorrhaging citizens as they defect to the republic in droves because who wants to live under the kind of authority that is evil for the sake of being evil?

Light side sith warrior makes sense in CONTEXT. You're a sith warrior. You're sith. You're a citizen of the empire. Light side warrior sees the flaws in the empire and its Sith overlords, but it doesn't necessarily reject these things. It simply sees room for improvement or is just not quite on the same wavelength. The story is not a person who is essentially a jedi embracing the jedi code playing double agent against the Sith, it's a Sith and Imperial citizen upholding his understanding and version of the sith code. The closest you'll get to squeezing a jedi out of this guy is somebody who is just on the wrong side of the war and doesn't realize it.

Light side sith warrior is not a jedi. He is sith. He is a product of his environment, a servant of the Empire. He may be more altruistic, forward-thinking, and benevolent than most of his counterparts, but he is sith.

• 1 month later...
Light side sith warrior makes sense in CONTEXT. You're a sith warrior. You're sith. You're a citizen of the empire. Light side warrior sees the flaws in the empire and its Sith overlords, but it doesn't necessarily reject these things. It simply sees room for improvement or is just not quite on the same wavelength. The story is not a person who is essentially a jedi embracing the jedi code playing double agent against the Sith, it's a Sith and Imperial citizen upholding his understanding and version of the sith code. The closest you'll get to squeezing a jedi out of this guy is somebody who is just on the wrong side of the war and doesn't realize it.

Light side sith warrior is not a jedi. He is sith. He is a product of his environment, a servant of the Empire. He may be more altruistic, forward-thinking, and benevolent than most of his counterparts, but he is sith.

Absolutely this. I came across this thread after the choice on Tatooine in the SW storyline. I feel like with Bioware making the LS/DS points into their own morality system of good/evil, the nuances of the meaning behind LS/DS is skewed. People such as some in this thread who see a LS SW as a Jedi are not really getting the point.

As a Sith, you embrace the dark side. That is the very essence of being a Sith. You can't be a Sith unless you embrace the dark side, otherwise you wouldn't be a Sith. There's no middle ground here. HOWEVER, embracing the dark side doesn't mean "be a dick to everyone at all times". Palpatine was as dark side as you can get, but he was still smart. He didn't go around killing and murdering for no reason, he acted logically and did what he had to do to achieve his goals. Sometimes that was killing those who stood in the way, sometimes that was engaging in diplomacy to maintain his cover.

I will agree that some DS choices in this game make Sith seem like sociopathic lunatics, and to be sure there are some Sith in Star Wars lore that are this. But "true Sith" aren't just bloodlusted lunatics. Darth Bane, Darth Plagus, Darth Sidious, Vader, even Revan while he was Sith....they were all powerful dark siders to be sure. They all embraced the dark side. But you didn't see Vader killing everyone under his command just because. Vader knew he needed loyal Officers, and he knew that the Empire and the Sith were stronger because of loyal and reliable assets. He only killed when there was a purpose...for example, when Admiral Ozzel continually failed at his command, and completely blew their invasion plans which compromised their attack. Darth Bane was all about the dark side, but he was also smart enough to know that there was a larger purpose. Going around slaughtering everyone "just because lolz sith" was stupid, and he knew it.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to plug in my thoughts on the matter. I guess to bring it back around, LS choices in the Sith Warrior story make sense in the context that you have the long-term goal in mind, strengthening the Empire. But Sith by their very nature embrace the dark side, so this doesn't = Jedi with a Sith story. At the core, all Sith are still embracing the dark side.

Edited by MikeFL

I play my LS SW as a loyal (sort of) Imperial citizen who sees potential for order and peace for all the Empire's people, if only she could rid it of bigotry, slavery and the many idiots at the top that act like spoiled squabbling children that shoot lightning. She fights for the Empire's people, not the absent Emperor and not the Sith (though she respects Marr, and did respect Malgus). This way, the story makes sense for the most part. DS choices are still taken when it makes sense and benefits the Empire. LS choices are taken when they don't compromise her mission. When encountering an enemy that doesn't immediately attack, she allows them a chance for mercy. But should they refuse (and unfortunately they often do), she crushes them utterly in hopes that threat of her overwhelming force will compel others in the future to just take her offer.

What is a lightsaber without energy? Cold, weak and ineffectual. What is a lightsaber without focus and direction? An uncontrolled fire, destructive but brief. But what do you have when you take that fire, that energy, and focus it tightly with singular purpose?

A blade that cuts through all that stands in its path.

It is not mere passion that yields strength, but passion for a purpose. Strength is found in righteous fury, in unwavering zeal. And with that strength you become something more than flesh. You become a symbol, an ideal. In doing so, you draw others to you, willing to give their own strength to your cause. Alone against the galaxy, you will not succeed no matter your strength. But in uniting the strength of many, victory can be achieved. And in fulfilling your purpose, you can finally rest your blade.

Through purpose, there is zeal.

Through zeal, there is strength.

Through strength, there is unity.

Through unity, there is victory.

Through victory, there is peace.

Light side Sith Warrior is the best written light side story for Empire IMO.

Instead of coming across as a "pansy" as you say, you either:

1) See a lot more of the manipulative nature of the Sith and how... well, there are cases where being good just feels so much more bad. :cool:

2) Basically only kill when necessary, leaning towards the Light side in an honorable warrior kind of way.

Either way, I made a lot of Light Side choices, and quite often the Sith you interact with will either take note of your deviousness or praise your efficiency (why waste time warring with Republic supporters when you can leave that to the grunts and do your important Sith work).

The best part are the Jedi enemies that you interact with who end up going all "***?!?" not sure if you're a good guy in the Sith Empire or a bad guy messing with their heads. :p

^this guy gets me.

Played both sides of the moral choice spectrum and I will say that the Light Side SW does feel a bit out of place in most of the storylines where you're constantly being told to slaughter groups of creatures/organizations and you're constantly saying "It doesn't have to end in violence." Although it was fun being a jerk to Darth Baras instead of being his mindless killing drone.

lol, like how the story forces you to just let baras torture that republic dude on DK. truth is, baras is a dick, tell him he's paranoid and he'll make a passive-aggressive threat at you, ***?! he says he 'demands respect at all times' but we all know he is scared. i am always a lightsider, but i will kill anyone who deserves death; the game's labels for action alignment do not define me. i feel a lot of the things in the warrior storyline (i completed tat) were unavoidable, more so than other class storylines. flushing jaese out by killing everything she loves is just, wow, even my sorc storyline didn't get that dark at most places. the "no need for violence" bit is out of place, when a lot of the time you are forced to at least fight someone. i find it ironic when they say "the republic's finest" when it is just two weaks and a couple of silvers. then everyone acts all surprised when you kill them with ease, even though you worked plenty of previous miracles before. it gets really hard differentiating between "the republic's finest" and "the republic's finest".

baras thinks he can point you wherever, and i agree his concept of your character as a mindless tool is far from the truth. you are a sith, if i could shoot lightning of course i'd be obsessed with that kind of power! zash had more respect and kindness for her apprentice, she was also more cunning. baras just talks creepy and rubs his hands together like he is applying his dove essentials floral hand lotion with antioxidants. baras is really just all show, when the padawan threatens his spy network he sends you out to kill just two spies instead of dealing with it himself like a decent sith would. what exactly does baras do on DK besides interrogate people. i know zash is very busy with all of her artifact business, as well as sith politics.

I like to start out my SW as pure DS, but once they get through the Revanite quest line, I play it as my warrior's eyes are opened to the possibilities of the Force, and follows a more grey path. Loyal to the Empire, and honorable, but not hesitating to kill someone who deserves it.

I did night find the light side warrior very believable, though it was still far more believable than a pure dark side warrior.

It's not a characterization that supports psychological realism, but better suits a romantic hero -- or anti-hero.

I find your lack of dark side......disturbing.

On a more serious note, from a philosophical standpoint - both Sith and Jedi are wrong. The Sith by denying themselves the more powerful emotion of love; but the Jedi are automatons. I can understand the Sith, the Jedi are just ridiculous.

^This person is my new hero xD. That is EXACTLY how I play my SW.