Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Known Issue - Advanced Yellow Blue Color Crystal

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Known Issue - Advanced Yellow Blue Color Crystal
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
11.11.2013 , 03:40 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know about a known issue that is coming with our Opportunist Bounty Pack this week. There is a new color crystal in the pack called the Advanced Yellow Blue Crystal. When you preview the item it looks very yellow and blue, very. However, when you equip the item, depending on the lighting the yellow can look a lot less distinct.

We wanted to make sure that you guys were aware of the color differential in case you want to "chase" after the item. We will also be placing this on the known issues list.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GalnarDegana
11.11.2013 , 03:43 PM | #2
All of the crystals actually look different in "real life" versus in the preview screen. It would be nice if we had a better or more natural lighting system in place for previews, for dyes as well as for crystals.

Other than that, thanks for warning us
Gunslinger Guide | Complete Valor Points List | Official Gunslinger Representative Questions Page
Harbinger: Geldarion ('Slinger), Shadowlands: Geldaria (Sniper)
Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman, cohost for Casual Core Radio, PvP Writer and former cohost for Corellian Run Radio

Iwipe
11.11.2013 , 03:54 PM | #3
Does it work better if you turn bloom off in the graphic settings?

YoshiRaphElan
11.11.2013 , 03:59 PM | #4
Yellow and blue? Sounds pukey anyways!

Reno_Tarshil
11.11.2013 , 04:01 PM | #5
Right cause we needed another Yellow and Blue Cartel Crystal...

MidichIorian
11.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #6
This crystal will forever be known as the Swedish crystal, awesome but a bit pale around the edges.

Telanis
11.11.2013 , 04:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know about a known issue that is coming with our Opportunist Bounty Pack this week. There is a new color crystal in the pack called the Advanced Yellow Blue Crystal. When you preview the item it looks very yellow and blue, very. However, when you equip the item, depending on the lighting the yellow can look a lot less distinct.

We wanted to make sure that you guys were aware of the color differential in case you want to "chase" after the item. We will also be placing this on the known issues list.

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric, ALL Cartel Crystals preview extremely poorly. The lighting effects in the preview is bad, the grey-blue background makes things look indistinct, and bloom is disabled within the preview which for whatever reason completely alters the colors. Bloom needs to be enabled in the preview window if the client has that setting enabled, so that the preview matches the "live" version, at minimum. Ideally the non-bloom color of the crystals would also be radically adjusted so that they look half decent.

Raansu
11.11.2013 , 04:47 PM | #8
Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone!

-eric
You know what would fix this issue? Fixing the preview screen in general because ALL colors look off.

idnewton
11.11.2013 , 06:32 PM | #9
Hey everyone!

Thanks everyone!

-eric
I take it your CM devs made a bet that they could make a crystal even uglier than the orange-yellow?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

LingBa
11.11.2013 , 06:42 PM | #10
Given that the "hot orange" crystal (which I think is amazing) is actually a red/yellow crystal am I going too far by hoping that blue/yellow will be a truly amazing GREEN?
Living Legend; Imperial Diehard; Republic Diehard; Master Craftsman; Galactic Hero
55s: Sentinel (x2); Guardian Dps; Shadow Tank; Gunslinger; Vangurd Tank; Marauder; Juggernaut Tank; Sorcerer Healer; Powertech Tank; Mercenary Dps; Sniper
WiP: Operative Healer; Shadow Dps; Scoundrel Healer; Assassin Tank