Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So just arenas?

Aewu
07.23.2013 , 09:07 PM | #1
I hate to be negative, but the 4 arenas just isn't enough for me. At least a new warzone or something for ranked, maybe some class balancing? I mean there is so much missing in swtor pvp that needs to be added that other mmos have. Maybe allow cross-fraction ranked groups since pvp is the same across the board, at least whispering so it's easier to know who's playing.

Maybe It's just me

mandoforlife
07.23.2013 , 09:23 PM | #2
1/10.

They already said there was more to be revealed PvP wise for 2.4. If you missed it, it'd be in the dev tracker. There will definatley be something for ranked, as they keep saying the lack of ranked ques will be addressed.

EDIT: Also, with arenas coming, I'd be suprised if there wasn't at least small tweaks in class balance. I would favor small fixes to widely known weak specs (madness sin, pyro both ac's, anni/watchman and more) instead of sweeping changes though.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

Avicii
07.23.2013 , 09:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mandoforlife View Post
1/10.

They already said there was more to be revealed PvP wise for 2.4. If you missed it, it'd be in the dev tracker. There will definatley be something for ranked, as they keep saying the lack of ranked ques will be addressed.

EDIT: Also, with arenas coming, I'd be suprised if there wasn't at least small tweaks in class balance. I would favor small fixes to widely known weak specs (madness sin, pyro both ac's, anni/watchman and more) instead of sweeping changes though.
This, lets wait to slam them till we see what else is coming in Aug and Sept. Lets try to keep positive discussion going about balance changes, arenas and see what comes of it. If it turns out to be a bust then do what the forum goers do.

irojoz
07.23.2013 , 09:34 PM | #4
The only people doing ranked wz's will be the teams who could not buy a win before and now play because all the better teams are doing arenas imo

strallart
07.23.2013 , 09:38 PM | #5
Would you mind loaning me some of your lipstick, Bioware? Because I wanna at least look pretty the next time you decide to **** me!

mandoforlife
07.23.2013 , 09:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by strallart View Post
Would you mind loaning me some of your lipstick, Bioware? Because I wanna at least look pretty the next time you decide to **** me!
Made me lol! Thanks for the laugh
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

DrewFromPhilly
07.23.2013 , 10:07 PM | #7
Why even bother anymore? There are other MMOs currently on the market with much better PVP.

More frequent updates, more communication from the devs, better game modes (WvW in GW2 vs. the scrapped ilum and the gree event ), etc. etc.

If you want to spend $15/month waiting for 2.4, and then at least a year or more for anything related to pvp after that then go ahead it's your money.

MarkXXIV
07.23.2013 , 10:54 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DrewFromPhilly View Post
Why even bother anymore? There are other MMOs currently on the market with much better PVP.

More frequent updates, more communication from the devs, better game modes (WvW in GW2 vs. the scrapped ilum and the gree event ), etc. etc.

If you want to spend $15/month waiting for 2.4, and then at least a year or more for anything related to pvp after that then go ahead it's your money.
guild wars 2 doesn't have open world pvp in much of the game, when you are endgame they cap your skills in older areas so you cant reach godlike status, and there is no real gear progression that means anything for pvp. No other games compare to swtor besides gw2. The only other game to wait for is eso. I am happy with swtor I would just like to see more balance and more content(especially pvp content).
Mains: Hesrafow(smash): 55 Se'ziru: 55(mm/lethal)
^Only Dps worth playing,WTB Op Medic The Bastion
Zrarron 54 Sorcerer(scheduled for deletion)
Yudoda 54 Mercenary(perma shelfed) unsubbed/quitted until a fix

Ushuma-Orbi
07.24.2013 , 12:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by strallart View Post
would you mind loaning me some of your lipstick, bioware? Because i wanna at least look pretty the next time you decide to **** me!
rofl!!!

/5chars
Ushuma Orbi
Invictus Tenebrae

Ushuma-Orbi
07.24.2013 , 12:48 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by irojoz View Post
The only people doing ranked wz's will be the teams who could not buy a win before and now play because all the better teams are doing arenas imo
I really hope no, and tbh, I prefer the Arenas don't have a "RWZ" scene.

Kind regards!
Ushuma Orbi
Invictus Tenebrae