Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How many are giving up on Shadow tanks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How many are giving up on Shadow tanks?

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
07.18.2013 , 06:08 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Does it amuse anyone else that no mechanics seem to ignore Guardian abilities?
Amusement isn't the way I'd describe it, but I definitely noticed it >.>
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Yngow's Avatar


Yngow
07.19.2013 , 02:05 AM | #232
Deflection works for sure, I don't have the log but my co-tank used it and dodged it completely. Still even with deflection there should be some chance of it hitting but more often than not he dodges it.
Even me on my powertech without using any kind of defense increasing of acc decrease I dodge a lot
http://www.torparse.com/a/345104
this is a parse on my pt
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

DarthSpekulatius's Avatar


DarthSpekulatius
07.19.2013 , 03:25 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Does it amuse anyone else that no mechanics seem to ignore Guardian abilities?
yes i was thinking if there is one mechanic in S&V (just one) that punishes Guardians... like a huge Force/tech hit since (afaik) they have the lowest mitigation against that (has to be AOE though), or...
how about a Boss that forces you to stay out of melee range idk how can you make live harder on explicitly a guardian without screwing one of the other two just as hard?

Yngow's Avatar


Yngow
07.19.2013 , 07:45 AM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpekulatius View Post
yes i was thinking if there is one mechanic in S&V (just one) that punishes Guardians... like a huge Force/tech hit since (afaik) they have the lowest mitigation against that (has to be AOE though), or...
how about a Boss that forces you to stay out of melee range idk how can you make live harder on explicitly a guardian without screwing one of the other two just as hard?
Yeah, the closest thing I can think is sunder since they would pretty much have to stay away all the time and would not be able to do anything because they would never be in range.
But then they can just stop every saber reflect cd, do more dmg than any other tanks would do with semi-ranged attacks and not feel a thing, and you could even leave sunder as the last one and just reflect the end like a boss, even during enrage
Empire/Republic of TAW - Prophecy of the Five
Illyan - Powertech ; Lellian - Jedi Sentinel ; Le'lian - Scoundrel ; L'aayla - Sith Juggernaut ; Harrden - Commando ; Lellyana - Sith Sorcerer ; Viagro - Sniper ; Lelsara - Jedi Shadow

DogEyedBoy's Avatar


DogEyedBoy
07.19.2013 , 07:57 AM | #235
I'm quite sure (although not 100% as I can't currently check my logs) that Saber Ward does nothing against the lightning phase of NiM Dread Guards.

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
07.19.2013 , 09:49 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by DogEyedBoy View Post
I'm quite sure (although not 100% as I can't currently check my logs) that Saber Ward does nothing against the lightning phase of NiM Dread Guards.
Saber Ward does, actually, at least for a Sentinel. Saber Ward and Rebuke are the only two Sentinel CDs that work on that mechanic. Guarded and Camo are ignored.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

PifferPuff's Avatar


PifferPuff
07.19.2013 , 10:29 AM | #237
I've given up. Thrown in the towel as a Shadow main tank, about a month-and-a-half after 2.0 hit. I may still OT, but that depends on the people I raid with and the op I'm raiding. Mostly, I've retired my Shadow to the insanity of PvP and grinding dailies. Slowly gearing it for DPS.

Instead though I've started to really get into my sage heals, operative heals, and PT tank, and - to a lesser degree - my guardian tank (though I find its play style a bit boring-ish). Definitely though, my imp toons have really started to shine. My operative looks cool, but my PT looks even better (it sort of looks like Samus from Metroid). Since I have like all the Aratechs, they have a matching color speeder for their outfits

Anyways, Shadow tanks are done. BW is likely never going to fix them. Too bad too, I really enjoyed their play style. It was fun while it lasted.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
07.19.2013 , 11:00 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Saber Ward and Rebuke are the only two Sentinel CDs that work on that mechanic. Guarded and Camo are ignored.
This is one of the things that I find really curious about the scenario. Rebuke is straight up additive DR so it makes sense that it would work on Lightning Field. However, Guarded by the Force and Force Camouflage both apply multiplicative damage reduction just like Saber Ward (it applies a 25% multiplicative F/T damage reduction on top of the 50% Defense chance). The only difference is that GbtF and Force Camo are both univeral damage reduction whereas Saber Ward is *specific* damage reduction.

Can any Guardian state whether Warding Call works on Lightning Field since that's global multiplicative damage reduction, just on a smaller scale than GbtF and FC? If it *does* ignore it (which I doubt), that's essentially saying that Lightning Field ignores all global multiplicative damage reduction. If it doesn't, the only thing I can think of is that Lightning Field was coded to specifically *ignore* that abilities (which I'm not even sure they can do).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
07.19.2013 , 11:53 AM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Can any Guardian state whether Warding Call works on Lightning Field since that's global multiplicative damage reduction, just on a smaller scale than GbtF and FC? If it *does* ignore it (which I doubt), that's essentially saying that Lightning Field ignores all global multiplicative damage reduction. If it doesn't, the only thing I can think of is that Lightning Field was coded to specifically *ignore* that abilities (which I'm not even sure they can do).
Not sure if anyone would have tried Warding Call, since Saber Reflect works better. I suppose you could try it on hard mode, though Guarded works in HM just fine (it's only NiM where things are weird).
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
07.19.2013 , 11:56 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
Not sure if anyone would have tried Warding Call, since Saber Reflect works better.
Lightning Field is an AoE innit (I'm pretty sure it is, but, then again, I've never had to deal with any mechanics that gave me an explicit "yes or no" as to whether it was)? So shouldn't Saber Reflect have no effect at all on it?
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.