APAC Servers

First of all I know that they are being shutdown and we all are moving to the US servers but is it just me or is it a little strange/lazy on their part that the only information or announcement made has been in the 100+ page long thread that people can get lost in never to be seen again :p I would have expected, at least, a stickied thread or something for people that may not be aware or even an announcement on the client patcher.

There was a reason from that I play on Asian servers from halfway around the world and no longer play on west coast servers, simple they're either full up or so many are on the game has massive lag. Guess we know where the incompetent people get a job they sign up with bioware :confused:

• Dev Post
First of all I know that they are being shutdown and we all are moving to the US servers but is it just me or is it a little strange/lazy on their part that the only information or announcement made has been in the 100+ page long thread that people can get lost in never to be seen again :p I would have expected, at least, a stickied thread or something for people that may not be aware or even an announcement on the client patcher.

Hey Demonic,

Actually, any player who has a character on an APAC server should have also received an email explaining that Free Character Transfers are now open and that the APAC servers would be consolidating. Beyond that, over the course of the next few months we will continue to email and post on the forums information and reminders about the consolidations.

The initial delay is that we wanted to make sure Character Transfers were in a stable place before sending out the emails. It is definitely a priority that all APAC players are made aware of the consolidations and can transfer ASAP if they so choose.

I definitely appreciate your concern though and just wanted to let you know the steps we have already taken, and will continue to take to keep everyone informed.

-eric

Its just a shame that this email arrived at 10:53am a day AFTER the transfers had opened explaining the new FAQs and leaving people, like myself sadly, whom had followed the June 2012 FAQs without anyway of getting their Guild Banks back.

Sadly yes I was foolish enough to believe the June 2012 FAQs would be the same of us APAC players when it came to our Guilds and the bank - that if we disbanded our guilds on our Oceanic server and contacted Customer Support or tabs would be restored... but then they changed those rules the day after.

Thanks for that.

Its just a shame that this email arrived at 10:53am a day AFTER the transfers had opened explaining the new FAQs and leaving people, like myself sadly, whom had followed the June 2012 FAQs without anyway of getting their Guild Banks back.

Sadly yes I was foolish enough to believe the June 2012 FAQs would be the same of us APAC players when it came to our Guilds and the bank - that if we disbanded our guilds on our Oceanic server and contacted Customer Support or tabs would be restored... but then they changed those rules the day after.

Thanks for that.

Wow that's pretty jacked up... I really feel for you guys over there. In my opinion you guys are getting shafted pretty hard.

Which is why I didn't rush about quitting the guild etc as I have 58 days yet roughly until server consolidation and asked the question about guilds.

Just a quick bump for Owen. Yes, if you wait for the consolidation, the guild (bank and all) will be transferred. If you transfer before the 60-ish days are up, your character will bring across what they can carry.
Edited by OwenBrooks