Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 New armor models!

Aahren
03.30.2012 , 10:46 AM | #721
It would be very nice if they went in and reworked these, but lets face it do you really think that will happen? What would be really fun if any of you are graphic designers is post a link of some models of your own that would be better. Lets see what the community can come up with.

Pangscar
03.30.2012 , 10:55 AM | #722
Quote: Originally Posted by VicSkimmr View Post
how cute, you think throwing a temper tantrum will get the armor designs changed 2 weeks before the patch hits
I don't think many realistically expect the current Armor Models to change. Going forward though BioWare has clearly gotten the hint (at least I hope so) that they either need to hire a new art department or vastly step their games up.
My chains are broken.The Force shall free me.

Kharnis
03.30.2012 , 12:47 PM | #723
People, the old lead concept artist, Arnie Jorgensen, has already left the game. He would have been the one responsible for the 1.2 armour designs. What say we wait for the next series of armour sets to come out before we start demanding people be fired?
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

FkLex
03.30.2012 , 01:55 PM | #724
Bioware, your armor designs are horrible . Really... please make something decent atleast...

TurokDarkstar
03.30.2012 , 03:23 PM | #725
Here some more previews of the new armor to be added.

1.2 Republic Armor Sets

Nocton
03.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #726
Dear Bioware

The end gear designs are horrible. Please make your art team, go and watch all the Star Wars films.

Then get them to design gear, which looks like robes and armour from the Star Wars films!
Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life - Aristotle

iBleedU
03.30.2012 , 04:26 PM | #727
Thundercats have better armor than this!
Bioware stole my money and left me a CE Pre-Order
RIP old account DrBleed from 11.03.2008, cant remember my email address =(

Locustone
03.30.2012 , 04:33 PM | #728
BW fails at creating decent armor skins... They should have a public (player based) concept art contest for armor skins and give out IPADS or something and the results would be 10 times better. Not only that they would be able to fire their current armor design team and save loads of $--the turn around time would be much quicker as well. Too bad they don't listen to players...

Locustone
03.30.2012 , 04:45 PM | #729
Quote: Originally Posted by JPLaro View Post
I think BioWare saw the Tread and is starting to realise that we dont like the new end gear.

I think they are not concerned about it because in 1.2, you can take the mods off and put it in ORANGE GEAR.

I don't mind that end game gear is ugly.

I prefer BioWare to invest in ORANGE GEAR.
This way, not every player will look the same and you can have a lot of orange gear to choose from. And you can convert normal gear to orange gear with crew skills.

I think it solves the problem.

So now, BioWare has to add new orange gear so we can have a geater variety and your looks will be pretty unique! (L)

Love the idea of promoting orange gear BioWare!

I love you!
...So you're saying that because BW is too lazy to design good looking end game gear we should be content with the limited amount of "decent" looking orange modable gear? What is wrong with this picture? Don't tell me that the numbheads running the show at BW were able to brain wash most of you into thinking they had our best interest at heart when they "gave" us more costume options via orange gear? Make no mistake that was just an attempt to plug a hole in the dam with one finger.

BW if you truely are reading feedback then take this and feed it back to your team:

CONSIDER POLLING END GAME GEAR VERSIONS VIA FORUMNS BY YOUR PLAYER BASE BEFORE SHOVE THINGS DOWN OUR THROAT! ALTERNATIVELY, ALLOW PLAYERS TO DESIGN ARMOR SKINS VIA SOME FORM OF CONTEST--AGAIN POLLED VIA THE PLAYER BASE.

It really doesn't take much to find solutions when you really want to find them...

StephenReid
03.30.2012 , 04:56 PM | #730
Hey everyone, thank you to everyone who took the time to leave feedback. The development team are very aware of everyone's thoughts and we've particularly appreciated constructive comments which will always give us a better idea about how to change things in the game.

Wholesale changes to the armor sets in Game Update 1.2 are not possible at this time. Creating new armor sets is a process with a long lead time, so changes cannot be made quickly. However, we're listening to your feedback and that will influence things going forward. We would also urge you to look at the armor sets in-game. With the new color matching options available in Game Update 1.2 and higher resolution textures, some of you might be more impressed by armor sets in-game.

With that said, we'd like to make this discussion a bit more constructive moving forward. We understand some of you aren't fans of the armor sets as shown; that's fine, and we've heard you loud and clear. We've also heard the calls to make armor more 'iconic' and 'more Star Wars like' - and thanks to those of you who provided reference to your favorite armor styles.

We'd like to see more of that, so feel free to provide more constructive comments on what you feel your end game armor styles should look like for your class in The Old Republic.