Official response demanded

Jargonaut

It's not about strategy. It's about being zerged or getting your zerg on. It's been that way in every game that featured it, all the way back to UO. World PvP is inherrently buggy and zergy. You cant make it otherwise.

Open world PvP will always have some zerg but if the mechanics are right a lot else is possible. The last 6 months playing Warhammer our guild roamed with 1-2 parties and found a lot of great fights. It doesn't have to be zerg v zerg and to say it does is simply untrue. Ilum can be made good if the devs give it sufficient attention and do it right.

Edited by Jargonaut

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But dude real PvP on Illum is a joke - you may as well kill trade to get valor and do your daily then be done with it - The problem is not kill trading its the layout of Illum - most imperials just camp the base like idiots anyways

But dude instead of demanding more, we just tell the developers thats ok, we'll just stand there and kill trade. This Pvp is fantastic! Heres my cash, dude.

pffft

Why pay for something that you don't like?

Imagine there was a guy who hated creamed corn, but paid $15 per month for all the creamed corn he could eat. Then imagine that when this guy wasn't busy eating the creamed corn that he hated, he was on the Creamed Corn website complaining about how much he hated it.

...while never bothering to cancel the monthly orders of creamed corn.

"I'm going to keep paying for creamed corn because one day I might like it."

Edited by Ossos

It isn't a PvP zone. Its a zerg zone.

World PvP is the problem with World PvP.

It's not about strategy. It's about being zerged or getting your zerg on. It's been that way in every game that featured it, all the way back to UO. World PvP is inherrently buggy and zergy. You cant make it otherwise.

I might add - im not doing this, because if you didnt read the rest of my post (im guessing you didnt) - i dont really care about Uselessmaster. It doesn't do anything.

Im rank 48, all on my own with almost no time spent valor farming in Illum - only what it takes me to do my weekly, one day a week.

Ill get to 60 eventually - im sure - but i dont really care. It's so meaninglessly underwhelming, i cant believe you guys get stressed about it.

I *really* cant believe you're stressed about Ilum. There's never going to be "strategy" there. One side will have more people. That side will zerg the other back into their base or a spawn point. That's the reality of World PvP.

Enjoy it.

As for the valor farming?

Who. Cares.

It doesnt give you anything worth getting your panties twisted over.

you should have played Shadowbane ... its the only MMO that has ever come close to getting PvP right.. of course the entire game was created around PvP ...

People naturally turn open world pvp into a zerg fest. I started out with my long time association with the HVND guild on a PvP server and leveled my Scoundrel to 29. From watching general chat I could see what open world Pvp was turning into.

I like PvP but getting a bunch of level 50's together to grief levl 10 to 30's is not PvP in any sence of the word. It's zerging, griefing or whatever you want to call it.

I've been through it in many games.

If you like griefing go play Darkfall, a full loot PvP game then come back and tell me you like griefing.

Imagine there was a guy who hated creamed corn, but paid $15 per month for all the creamed corn he could eat. Then imagine that when this guy wasn't busy eating the creamed corn that he hated, he was on the Creamed Corn website complaining about how much he hated it.

That doesn't really work..

try this..

Imagine if there was a guy who liked PvP in MMOs, and paid $15 a month for it. Then, they started making this PvP in MMOs almost non existent, just basically trading kills back and forth.

So said guy cancels his sub, but still has time left on his account. So while sitting on his couch one Sunday morning, decides to take a peak about what others think about this new fangled form of PvP in the MMO with the most experienced PvP developers in the world.

Edited by Tic-

This is the best mmorpg with the best pvp ever made, nothing so far is not even close to make me think quiting the game, yes theres a lot to be fixed and they are working on it and im patiently wainting for while I enjoy the game.

Kill trading exploit on ilum is so bad that im afraid to think it might be the only reason to make me quit the game. A thing that for god I dont want to, and im sure im not alone on this.

Why? because is such a stupid exploit that BW know about and yet nothing has been done, and the longer it takes the worst it's going to be, ppl are getting advantage of that more and more each day.

PLEASE do not let this exploit destroy such a good game. it's easy to fix and needs to be fixed NOW, just make a patch today or this week removing valor gain on ilum or something to stop the exploit until figures what to do next.

The only response you are getting from Bioware is a locked topic.

I made a huge one myself yesterday pointing out all the stuff that this game has done wrong when it comes to PvP. They just locked it and probably did not care at all for what I had to say and all the people who agreed 100% with me.

This is the best mmorpg with the best pvp ever made, nothing so far is not even close to make me think quiting the game, yes theres a lot to be fixed and they are working on it and im patiently wainting for while I enjoy the game.

Kill trading exploit on ilum is so bad that im afraid to think it might be the only reason to make me quit the game. A thing that for god I dont want to, and im sure im not alone on this.

Why? because is such a stupid exploit that BW know about and yet nothing has been done, and the longer it takes the worst it's going to be, ppl are getting advantage of that more and more each day.

PLEASE do not let this exploit destroy such a good game. it's easy to fix and needs to be fixed NOW, just make a patch today or this week removing valor gain on ilum or something to stop the exploit until figures what to do next.

THERE IS NO KILL TRADING EXPLOIT!!!

http://i.imgur.com/chI7l.jpg

ACCORDING TO BW, KILL TRADING IS A-OK!!!

The root of the problem is Ilum by itself.

The zone needs to be removed completely or receive a massive overhaul. It is obvious the devs didn't have time to implement a better outdoor PvP area/concept. Ilum is just shallow full of openings for abuse.

Well **** that, I have yet to see it with my own eyes but WHEN I do I'm going to fraps it and report it. If I get a response a là "Were allowing it." I'm outta here cause thats not PVP, thats spoonfeeding low life scum free gear and it ruins it for the people who actually want FAIR PLAY.

if you have to killtrade to hit bm instead of actual pvping maybe you should go play roller coaster tycoon or something like that. You wimps!

I wish this game would be harder overall :I Too easy to get to 50, too easy to get your profession to 400 (and only one thats actually useful in pvp and maybe 1-2 others that are useful for pie). Hardmodes are too easy as well etc etc.

This is sig worthy. Adding.

In Dark Age of Camelot the Realm Points farming (aka I kill you then ou kill me) was against the Code of Conduct (COC) and people practicing it was baned from the game.

In SWTOR they cannot ban people for practicing valor farming because they would run out of subscribers.

Please keep this thread on first page until BW realize that is just wrong and have second toughts about it, you BW said that will listen to the community and make the game for us. I can almost say that 100% agree with this, even those who are faming it probally does too.

I was so excited about the game since then. :(

I mean it's very sad and hard to believe that they are alowing players to easily rank up without pvping. How can BW not see that it will just ruin your own game!

Edited by thiagorib

THERE IS NO KILL TRADING EXPLOIT!!!

http://i.imgur.com/chI7l.jpg

ACCORDING TO BW, KILL TRADING IS A-OK!!!

Then perhaps i should start a petiton to get the very same thing for my PvE bretheren.

I propose a Krayt Dragon be placed on Tatooine, a dragon that does not fight back at all. However, once you kill this dragon, it drops tokens for a weekly and daily quest. You can turn these in for the highest end PvE gear in the game.

I'm sure all PvErs would be very happy with this... no complaints at all.

Its only fair...

Edited by Tic-

I have to agree, I'm getting really tired of having absolutely no feedback on.. well... anything.

If something is announced to be changed or worked on, most of the time it's very vague. "We'll be working on fixing it, and it should be fixed soon". Sounds like me back in high school telling my teachers when I'd get my homework done.

I do think it's pretty astonishing that with the amount of subs they still have, they won't comment on anything. The costumer service response in game is a joke as well. The fastest response I've had on any ticket I wrote was over 6 hours later. And I've only had 1 non-automated response.

I really am enjoying the game, but I'm not enjoying the company's attitude at all. It'd be nice to enjoy both and be able to speak highly of BioWare.