Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DO NOT nerf scoundrels/operatives!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DO NOT nerf scoundrels/operatives!

Kelticfury
01.15.2012 , 06:31 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashanor View Post
Huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP-Vn...eature=related

Consumable popping Scoundrel/Operatives have been known to hit for nearly 10k damage on their opener.
Consumables are being fixed in 1.1 did you not read this in the notes? Or is it just more fun to whine about something thats being fixed in 2 days.

Once the stackable consumables is fixed, we will see who is crying nerf nerf nerf then.

Ashanor
01.15.2012 , 06:33 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
Consumables are being fixed in 1.1 did you not read this in the notes? Or is it just more fun to whine about something thats being fixed in 2 days.

Once the stackable consumables is fixed, we will see who is crying nerf nerf nerf then.
I didn't say nerf nerf, maybe you should read my posts. All I said was the person that said a Scoundrel/Op can't hit for 9k damage was wrong.

DeathKorps
01.15.2012 , 06:33 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
Nerfs haven't even hit and the waaaaaaaaaahmbulance has already been summoned. They know the end is nigh!
This is not so much crying, but the amount of crying about how bad the operatives need nerfs is getting ridiculous. DeathKorps gets it, people died in PvP. These things happen, you dont have to like it.
Führer der War Machine | laying waste to Naddist Rebels
Join the Bloodthirsty War Machine
Ω Steel within, fire without Ω

BigHamburger
01.15.2012 , 06:38 PM | #54
I've played scoundrel since beta and I only play them because they're fun. If they nerfed our openers we would be completely useless.
Scoundrels

Humankeg
01.15.2012 , 06:43 PM | #55
Ops/Scoundrels do need nerfs.

Why? Because when one of them can do 12k-15k damage on a target with 400 expertise in EVERY one of their openers (regardless if their abilities on are on cd or not) that is MASSIVELY imbalanced. They do the same thing to geared tanks.

Its: stun > dead. Trinketing and popping cd's don't work. Well played ops still roll everyone, including tanks. There is no way around it. Team game or not, ops/scoundrels are doing too much damage and are too good period. Their heals are too strong, their out of stealth damage is too strong, their ability to restealth is too easy.

If they could do such damage once every 5 minutes or so, because they need to wait on cd's, that would be one thing. If they only could vanish from combat to reset the fight once every 3-5 min, that would be ok. But they can literally do this every fight in a war zone, because their abilities have such short cd's.

Nerf heals, nerf the damage, buff their durability slightly. Fixed.

Kelticfury
01.15.2012 , 06:47 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
Ops/Scoundrels do need nerfs.

Why? Because when one of them can do 12k-15k damage on a target with 400 expertise in EVERY one of their openers (regardless if their abilities on are on cd or not) that is MASSIVELY imbalanced. They do the same thing to geared tanks.
12-15k eh? Thats the biggest number I have seen claimed yet. got vid to prove that or are you just another of those people that doesn't understand the difference between an over powered class and people abusing the stackable consumables and jumping on the bandwagon?

Humankeg
01.15.2012 , 06:47 PM | #57

All that's being doen to the consumbles is that people that aren't biochem can't use them. The stats aren't being nerfed. So in other words, ops and scoundrels will still do the same damage.

And to the person you are quoting: they do way more than 10k damage (well played and geared ops/scoundrels). I run 15k life and 400 expertise, and routinely die in an opener to ops/scoundrels that are similar or better geared.

Kelticfury
01.15.2012 , 06:50 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Humankeg View Post
All that's being doen to the consumbles is that people that aren't biochem can't use them. The stats aren't being nerfed. So in other words, ops and scoundrels will still do the same damage.

And to the person you are quoting: they do way more than 10k damage (well played and geared ops/scoundrels). I run 15k life and 400 expertise, and routinely die in an opener to ops/scoundrels that are similar or better geared.
You are going to make me go and find the quote from the bioware dude that specifically says they are fixing the exploitable stackables aren't ya.

Good thing they turned the search back on.

DeathKorps
01.15.2012 , 06:51 PM | #59
12-15k eh? Thats the biggest number I have seen claimed yet. got vid to prove that or are you just another of those people that doesn't understand the difference between an over powered class and people abusing the stackable consumables and jumping on the bandwagon?
The person that claims this happened to them has no proof, so we must assume they are grossly exaggerating. If this were to happen one could only assume that the person being crit is absolutely horrible, or that the particular operative in question is doing an outstanding job at abusing consumables and farming tears in the process, but it is most likely a combination of both.
Führer der War Machine | laying waste to Naddist Rebels
Join the Bloodthirsty War Machine
Ω Steel within, fire without Ω

Humankeg
01.15.2012 , 06:53 PM | #60
perhaps you should read my post? I wasn't even talking consumables. When an op is farming the bottom of the spawn area for kills in hutt ball, and does the same 12-15k damage every opener every time I jump down, then its not consumables. Its base damage mostly.

And no I dont' have videos. But I am a quality player, with objective opinions, and also am of the highest integrity. Its not even about being bad or good, when the player is decently geared (15k life and 400 expertise) and lose 80-100% of my health pool in the opener of an ops. And seeing it happened so frequently it couldn't just be stacking consumables, as they would still be on cd.

Find a champion geared ops, and see what they can do to you. You will have your answer.