Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Main Assets 1 redownload.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gordius
01.06.2012 , 04:40 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BouncerPup View Post
So what can I do then other then wait for Bioware to address the problem and give me a guaranteed fix?
A lot of people in the same boat. I don't know anymore tbh. I so fed up of this crap.
Ricoh - Jedi Guardian Tank - Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Afterlife Gaming Community

Vampari
01.06.2012 , 04:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrantLeader View Post
lol. excellent idea for next expansion for this game... turns out BW are bunch of Moffs. I will pay to see that atleast a nice payback for the lamest buggiest patcher ever.
Actually next patch , all devs uploading thier avatars so we can electicute them till we happy LIghtside get to save the devs 50 times a day

BouncerPup
01.06.2012 , 04:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordius View Post
A lot of people in the same boat. I don't know anymore tbh. I so fed up of this crap.
Guess I'll just play Vindictus/Left 4 Dead...
O-█||||||(•)█◖██████████████████████████████)

pecheckler
01.06.2012 , 04:51 PM | #14
Patcher runs. Update FAIL
ERROR Corrupt Source detected
Repair runs. FAIL
Redownload 12GB.
Update. FAIL
Repair. FAIL
ERROR Corrupt Source detected
Redownload 12GB.
Redownload 12GB.
ISP calls and threatens to cut of Internet access.
Redownload 12GB.
Redownload 12GB.
Redownload 12GB.

Lewb
01.06.2012 , 04:55 PM | #15
Were players not getting banned for posting links to unofficial copies of the game files for download?

JovethGonzalez
01.06.2012 , 04:57 PM | #16 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone, I wanted to pass along this message from one of our developers:

Many of you have expressed concern that when performing a Repair the entire game is downloaded again. While the Launcher messaging does seem to indicate this, that’s not actually what is going on.

When the Launcher detects a corrupted file, it will attempt to restore that file from Version 1. In the Launcher it will appear that, for example, all of Main Assets 1 (12GB) is being downloaded, but in actuality, only the patch files which contain the corrupted file are being downloaded. Typically, this is a single patch file. Now, that said, those files can be very large (up to 2GB), but unless a large number of files are corrupted it will not download the entire 12GB (or in the case of English/French/German Assets 1, 7GB).

For those of you who are experiencing repeated corruption of files and are not having success with Repair, we urge you to try the Launcher Troubleshooting Guide. We’ve discovered new issues (CAS Latency and memory voltage settings) that when corrected have solved the corruption issue for several users. We recognize that this continues to be a vexing issue for some of you and we are continuing to investigate, but as of yet no common thread discovered. We will report any verifiable fixes to the forums.

Thank you

Wren_Atticus
01.06.2012 , 05:05 PM | #17
When I tried to log in this morning I had this same problem. It downloaded patch and gave me an error message about corruption or something. I clicked on repair and then it started the 12GB or whatever repair/install. Yeah, ridiculous.

So, I went into processes and killed the launcher and tried again and it downloaded the patch just fine that time and let me into the game. I'd recommend trying that instead of sitting through the repair.
"You've been Synergized. Have a nice day!"
Wrangler <Synergy> - Scoundrel - Infinite Empire Server

Zakua
01.06.2012 , 05:13 PM | #18
Just as it was back on release day, error on patch, error on fail and I sound like a broken record but I just DL'd the 11 gigs again and poof broken again.....

grrrr this is so lame.

DL again.....I seem to recal some folks saying it doesnt DL the entire 11gigs??? not so on my end..
" You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor, TAKE HER AWAY"

pecheckler
01.06.2012 , 05:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone, I wanted to pass along this message from one of our developers:

Many of you have expressed concern that when performing a Repair the entire game is downloaded again. While the Launcher messaging does seem to indicate this, that’s not actually what is going on.

When the Launcher detects a corrupted file, it will attempt to restore that file from Version 1. In the Launcher it will appear that, for example, all of Main Assets 1 (12GB) is being downloaded, but in actuality, only the patch files which contain the corrupted file are being downloaded. Typically, this is a single patch file. Now, that said, those files can be very large (up to 2GB), but unless a large number of files are corrupted it will not download the entire 12GB (or in the case of English/French/German Assets 1, 7GB).

For those of you who are experiencing repeated corruption of files and are not having success with Repair, we urge you to try the Launcher Troubleshooting Guide. We’ve discovered new issues (CAS Latency and memory voltage settings) that when corrected have solved the corruption issue for several users. We recognize that this continues to be a vexing issue for some of you and we are continuing to investigate, but as of yet no common thread discovered. We will report any verifiable fixes to the forums.

Thank you
According to my router my computer's NIC has had 89.01 GB of data transferred from the Internet zone since first attempting to patch yesteday. I've tried patching 6 times and watched a few hours of non-HD netflix. I monitored similar bandwidth consumption during the beta weekend where I re downloaded about 10 times, and never managed to click play.

So..?

oceansofmars
01.06.2012 , 05:17 PM | #20
Trust me it's on your end Bioware.

My system runs flawlessly and was running as such until this morning when you released the new patch. I installed it, game crashed on char select screen and now it's stuck trying to reinstall the entire game over and over again.

Fix your mess and stop blaming peoples systems.
Get Rich Or Die Trying