Upcoming Update of the Game Launcher

JackieKo

i have a similar problem than blossom star now

before i had the error issue and the launcher wont start. now it says my username, password or security key is wrong altough i havent changed anything. this is getting.........well boring

edit: my launcher takes forever now to start saying, the launcher is being updated!!!!!

Edited by Thoratok

Ok I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, used the launcher troubleshooter that you sent me AND even disabled it on my firewall/antivirus and it's still not working. The same message is appearing that the login service is currently unavailable, so I'm guessing the game is doing maintenance for the upcoming thing on Sept 29?

Well, looks like I found the culprit. After all failed attempts, I tried turning off my VPN and that seemed to solve the problem. Only bad thing is I have to wait FOREVER for the patch to finish since I had reinstalled the game, hopefully it doesn't give me any problems in game. One person on the EA website gave me some helpful info that you might want to check out. Here is the link he provided me: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/GUIDE-Launcher-Troubleshooting/m-p/4805820/highlight/true#2

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone,

The team has made some configuration changes in an effort to fix the issue that some players are having with the error messages they are seeing when using the new launcher.

For the players who were impacted by this error message, we are asking you to please open the launcher and let us know if these changes fixed your issue. We’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for updates.

Thank you!

Gettting a Host_WindowLoadTimeout error

• Like 1

I decided to restore from a backup from before this little experiment. Now the launcher works, I can login, the game launches with the splash screen, but then crashes with "This program encountered an internal error and will exit. Error code: C5. Failed to load game assets. Please contact customer support."

When is this going to be fixed? And when will I be compensated for loss of a paid service?

Here is my client log:

2022-09-21T08:43:31.146609 25c INFO Login user: racknut shardaddress: @:: [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:1979)

2022-09-21T08:43:31.146707 25c INFO Starting firestorm client [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:2005)

2022-09-21T08:43:31.146769 25c INFO Client using repository stub instance [Client.Startup](playerclient.cpp:PlayerClient::Login:2026)

2022-09-21T08:43:36.962884 25c INFO [bwaRenderer] Initializing renderer... [Client.Renderer](dx8cs_services.cpp:`anonymous-namespace'::RendererLogMessageHandler:571)

2022-09-21T08:43:37.347803 25c INFO [bwaRenderer] using 24-Bit Depth Buffer. [Client.Renderer](dx8cs_services.cpp:`anonymous-namespace'::RendererLogMessageHandler:571)

2022-09-21T08:43:37.425931 25c INFO [bwaRenderer] Successfully created Device [Client.Renderer](dx8cs_services.cpp:`anonymous-namespace'::RendererLogMessageHandler:571)

2022-09-21T08:43:38.549549 25c INFO starting BWA Audio Engine [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSStartUp:1110)

2022-09-21T08:43:39.352706 25c INFO Completed OSStartup [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSStartUp:1462)

2022-09-21T08:43:45.634132 25c INFO RemoteRenderer process shutdown complete. [Client.Shutdown](dx8_basic.cpp:OSShutDown:2622)

Edited by racknut
  • Like 1

dear bioware team

i read this post here where its suggested that you copy files around in your game files. i will not do that cause i am not good with computers, i will not risk ruining the whole game so then you will say its my fault and to that point i will not do your job. you broke my game so you should fix it.

the lack of response and help is baffeling to me i have to say. one person here said it so correctly. if i **** anything up in my job i have to fix it and be transperant with that customer or i will loose him.

so you forced a non tested change to a thing which worked fine on my part on to me without asking or the need to do that and now all is broken and doesnt work. there are still issues ingame which nearly excist since launch 10 years ago and hasnt been fixed.

my legacy of the sith dlc is total buggy no instance work after a quest i need to jump back to my stronghold to launch the stupid dlc again to be able to progress in the new story. that is so bad that it is actually hilarious.

we fix that, no need why we would do that. no we **** up a thing that actually worked for what??

to launch the game for a couple of seconds quicker. my game was running fine until this change. i dont get it.

the support is litarally not existing and if you write an ingame ticket most of the time you dont get help. i was away for a long time because of such issues and i come back and nothing has changed it would seem. no it got worse.

when i got back items were missing from my chars. a lot of credits gone and when you adress this things via ticket the answer is always the same. first you go in senseless circles and the last answer always is: "we cannot solve the problem. i hope this helped you and dont hesitate to contact us again." that is basically spitting in my face and expect that i say thank you for that.

unsuscribe for now cause i dont pay for a broken game where there is no decency of the developers. sorry

• Like 1

• Dev Post
I decided to restore from a backup from before this little experiment. Now the launcher works, I can login, the game launches with the splash screen, but then crashes with "This program encountered an internal error and will exit. Error code: C5. Failed to load game assets. Please contact customer support."

Hi racknut,

It looks like when you restored from a back up, your game is now in an inconsistent state. If you do a re-install that should get you working again. Re-installing right now will unflag you from the testing pool, however, there is a very small chance that you could be selected again as a tester when we do another round of testing.

We are having discussions on compensation plans for the players who were impacted, and we'll have a better idea of what this looks like once testing is 100% concluded. Appreciate you working with us through this.

Hi racknut,

It looks like when you restored from a back up, your game is now in an inconsistent state. If you do a re-install that should get you working again. Re-installing right now will unflag you from the testing pool, however, there is a very small chance that you could be selected again as a tester when we do another round of testing.

We are having discussions on compensation plans for the players who were impacted, and we'll have a better idea of what this looks like once testing is 100% concluded. Appreciate you working with us through this.

Or maybe allow us players to decide whether we want to be part of this test or not. It's not right that it's just forced on people!

• Like 1

Agree with the latest response. It's not OK to add players to a beta without asking for consent at all. That's what insiders programs or opt-in programs are for (and I'm sure you would get plenty of volunteers who would be happy to check things out without being forced to by you).

Despite the updates, it is still much slower for me to launch the game (I guess I'm fortunate that it doesn't completely fail like I'm reading it's happening for other users, but still, this is not acceptable experience at all).

I would like to be removed from this beta test and get the normal launcher back. Please let us know how to get that done.

So I downloaded the updated patcher a couple of hours ago. It says that its updating the patcher and promps me to log in. After I do log in, it says "downloading" before changing to "error" after a minute or so. i've now tried updating the patcher serveral times like this, and it always ends in error, and the game can't be opened. Not sure if its a bug or on my end, I'm just confused :jawa_confused:

Since the configuration changes, all seems to be working well! After logging into the launcher, it took me through the whole "download" process, and now just allowed me to launch the game like normal. Also, as for the "download" (which if I understand correctly is just a rescan of game files?) seemed to do so very quickly, faster than a manual scan to verify game files used to. Very happy to report success for me :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by Gunganknight

Hi racknut,

can you please for once give us others an answer and statement what to do now or even an apology that you just pick random people without asking for testing and how we can get out of this. I DONT WANT TO BE PART IN THIS PLEASE!!! :)

and how long this testing will go on. you said once testing is 100% concluded. when will this be??

and about compensation. yeahh heard this many times.

so please. what is the plan now. should we all that have this error issue reinstall the game??

Gettting a Host_WindowLoadTimeout error

Hi - I am still getting the 'Host_WindowLoadTimeout' error and no launcher.

I did send in a ticket on the 19th with the devlog file.

I was unable to log in the 20th with same problem in my ticket.

21st and today I am getting the Host_WindowLoadTimeout error and no launcher window.

Do I need to do a complete reinstall or will I continue to wait to test any 'fix'?

Many thanks

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

The team is finishing up testing and will be doing another release in a few hours. At this time, please do not perform a re-install. When I update this thread again, that is when the new update is pushed live and we would like you to open the launcher again and let us know what state you're in.

Thank you for patience as we investigate these issues!

Hi everyone,

The team is finishing up testing and will be doing another release in a few hours. At this time, please do not perform a re-install. When I update this thread again, that is when the new update is pushed live and we would like you to open the launcher again and let us know what state you're in.

Is the same warning on the launcher ? I don't think everyone comes to the forums first, before launching

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

A new patch was released. For players who were impacted by the previous error message, please re-open the launcher and let us know what state you are in. If you were one of the players who submitted a log file to our Support team, we would especially like to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

A new patch was released. For players who were impacted by the previous error message, please re-open the launcher and let us know what state you are in. If you were one of the players who submitted a log file to our Support team, we would especially like to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hi JackieKo,

I am still getting the 'Host_WindowLoadTimeout' error and no launcher.

I am presuming that the fact that the launcher cannot even launch that I probably have to try repair or reinstall?

Regards

Hi everyone,

It's a little late for this now. I've lost this entire week of playing. I haven't been able to participate in the event this week. I look forward to playing for an hour after a long day at work to relieve some stress, not to add to it. This experiment has cost me numerous hours this week, for which I also have the privilege I paying for as a subscriber. Before you had posted, I had already deleted everything in an attempt to install fresh and get it working again. I have a partition that is dedicated for this game, so it wasn't too much loss, but it has been a considerable amount of time. I just really hope that you have plans to make this right with your subscribers so that EA/Bioware doesn't walk away from this event with an even bigger black eye and having learned nothing.

And yes, I am still not working yet.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

The team is getting closer to completing testing for the new game launcher, however, I did want to let you all know that the testing phase will continue into next week.

That said, we know that a small handful of players are in a bad state currently. It is at this time that we are recommending that these players do a re-install to get back into a working state. I want to reiterate what I posted earlier in this thread that re-installing right now will unflag you from the testing pool, but there is a small chance you may be selected again as a tester when we do another round of testing next week. To put this in a little more perspective, around one thousand players will be selected for testing. We know this is not an ideal situation for these impacted players, so please know that we are still having conversations around compensation plans.

I also wanted to lay out how communications will be handled beginning Monday, September 26th. As we’ve announced earlier this week, new forums will be going live toward the end of next week and beginning Monday, these forums will be moved into a Read-Only state. We want players to still have the ability to communicate with us if they need to, so we will be opening a thread on the AHQ Forums beginning Monday morning. This will provide a path for players to report any issues and also allow us to post updates.

The game launcher banner will also be updated with a link to the AHQ Forums so players know where to navigate to get additional info. I will be posting a reminder of this plan Monday morning.

Thank you again for your patience with this project!

Jackie

Hi everyone,

The team is getting closer to completing testing for the new game launcher, however, I did want to let you all know that the testing phase will continue into next week.

That said, we know that a small handful of players are in a bad state currently. It is at this time that we are recommending that these players do a re-install to get back into a working state. I want to reiterate what I posted earlier in this thread that re-installing right now will unflag you from the testing pool, but there is a small chance you may be selected again as a tester when we do another round of testing next week. To put this in a little more perspective, around one thousand players will be selected for testing. We know this is not an ideal situation for these impacted players, so please know that we are still having conversations around compensation plans.

I also wanted to lay out how communications will be handled beginning Monday, September 26th. As we’ve announced earlier this week, new forums will be going live toward the end of next week and beginning Monday, these forums will be moved into a Read-Only state. We want players to still have the ability to communicate with us if they need to, so we will be opening a thread on the AHQ Forums beginning Monday morning. This will provide a path for players to report any issues and also allow us to post updates.

The game launcher banner will also be updated with a link to the AHQ Forums so players know where to navigate to get additional info. I will be posting a reminder of this plan Monday morning.

Jackie

Jackie, you understand that we want to play, because we pay. So, of course we have reinstall to play. Because we play not solo, but multiplayer game :)

I would have volunteered because i'm on use case with an unofficial OS supported, that need probably a fix to wine project (Although I don't understand what you changed so that the game no longer launches) ... I was on vacation, I had time; but now ...

Add a button on launcher to choice, it takes 1hour (in fact 5') in angularjs to do this with an action to flag.:D

I'm still running Windows 7 and the the launcher updates have installed smoothly without any problems logging in or playing the game. I did not see much difference at first, but seems like the more times I log in the faster it becomes.

Keep up the good work!

I am finally back up and running. I wiped the whole game and re-installed. The launcher patched about 4 times, I think. I didn't expect it so many times, so I wasn't really counting. I restored my client settings, UI, and key bindings from a backup. I think everything seems about the same, maybe slightly slower, but I may have missed a graphics tweak that I previously had. I don't see any change in the launcher speed or behavior. So now I've got a few days to kill pirates at least. I really would prefer to avoid this experience again.

• Dev Post
Hi everyone,

Jackie

Hi everyone,

We will be moving to a new testing phase beginning today. We are creating a space on the AHQ Forum that will allow players to offer feedback and give us the ability to post updates as the SWTOR Forums will be moving into Read-Only mode at 10am CT for the next 72 hours.

If you are one of the players who was selected to test the new launcher, and you are experiencing issues, please feel free to post a report there. We also ask you to follow the support path laid out here, so we have an understanding of what happened with your launcher. If everything went smoothly for you, we would also like to know that!

Thank you!