RE: Commando/Merc Removal of Missile Backblast Tactical.

SunGlassesJiM

We were never actually given a legitimate reason for the removal of Missile Backblast tactical, I for one found it to be very useful, and I daresay, fun in pvp. I mean is that not what the devs intended in the first place? Also with the added feature of not having key abilities while in a pvp environment, it was my goto tactical for a measure of survival.

I will not go into the time and money wasted acquiring Missile Backblast tactical (although it was a substantial loss) All I would like is a well-rounded explanation of why its removal was needed, all I ask.

I'll bet that metrics said it was despised.

And it should be. An unreliable knockback (it has an invisible cooldown) and reduced cost on an ability that is terrible damage is good for what.

Memes yes but besides that, nothing. Ooh you knocked someone slightly from 30m once every XX seconds (I cant recall the internal cooldown)

It isn't a gameplay changer in a positive way and every spec loses enormous throughput value.

I'll bet that metrics said it was despised.

It isn't a gameplay changer in a positive way and every spec loses enormous throughput value.

I had a lot of fun knocking people of in solo ranked - was the tactical good? No, but it was fun. Also it had 6s cooldown if I remember correctly, it didn't say it has one in the tactical which hyped me up because you could've been able to spam knocks, but would've been too much fun.

It definitely was a game changer in solo ranked because it was funny, was it good? Debatable, as first target if it's 0/1 it could be useful since you want to save LW for r3 but the opponent won't so you need more mobility which this tactical did offer, to a very small extend - but better than cool your jets.