The game crippling bug/hack/whatever that plagues GSF

Gyronamics

You're minding your own business in GSF and suddenly...

1) all ship and object markings get disabled

2) all targeting gets disabled, you can't select a target, fire missiles, nothing, if you had a target the picture and values freeze meaninglessly

3) If you fire your blasters they fire weirdly to your left.

It gets worse.

4) your camera disconnects from your ship and freezes in space

5) your ship keeps flying away, technically under your control but with the camera locked in the air controlling it becomes impossible once the ship gets far enough and small enough. Suicide is preferable.

6) the scoreboard pops up without you pressing anything

I said I'd record it next time it happened and here it is showing everything I just said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11G7LrXZ9uCL82nSV7R2IShKdYWXelZvd/view?usp=sharing

0:10 - weapons, markings and targeting disabled. My radar is still working so you can see I'm looking at ships and drones but seeing no markings at all

0:37 - firing blasters causes the bolts to go insanely to the top left

1:04 - camera disconnects from the ship and freezes in space, ship keeps moving away, getting smaller and less controllable the further it goes.

1:09 - scoreboard pops up by itself

1:13 - I suicide the ship to get out of the broken hell

I had my ship crippled another 2 times that match and we lost by 3 which was just wonderful.

Edited by Gyronamics

I had this occur about maybe 4 days ago during a Kuat Domination while I was inside a Rampart type 1 bomber. Everything about the camera and the UI reset back to normal after i boosted presumably into the wall of the canyon of satellite B, or perhaps some of the surrounding superstructure, died, and respawns.

It was like my camera was anchored underneath the satellite of B, following my ship as it moved away from the satellite.

I have never experienced the bug before that match and not since then, and I've been playing GSF since it was closed beta.

Edited by phalczen

Sounds like what happens when you lag.

I have experienced lag innumerable times over the eight years since GSF was introduced, and it typically presents itself as ships jumping or delays in ability activation. Indeed, it is not all too different than what happens in ground pvp, with player targets suddenly being updated and animating instantly to new locations, and abilities not activating on time, much like it does on the ground. Lag has never presented, to me, in this fashion.

Ask yourself which is more likely, that a very common issue would present as an entirely new phenomenon, or that something other than lag is causing the bug?

Can someone please fix this damned bug!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Four matches went just fine, the fifth was a disaster!

The crosshair disappeared and I wasn't able to control my ship, because it just moved on till it was

as small as a flea..:mad::mad::mad:

My guild master had the same problem several days ago.

This isn't funny anymore!!:mad:

• 1 month later...

Still very much happening.

Today I got to shoot sideways, equip torpedoes on a gunship midfight (while unable to shoot the railgun through its reticule), have the ship fly off and dropping the camera behind, and the map appearing out of the blue. Curious thing is, the camera one triggered after going through tunnels on the Makeb map.

Evidence here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
You're minding your own business in GSF and suddenly...

1) all ship and object markings get disabled

2) all targeting gets disabled, you can't select a target, fire missiles, nothing, if you had a target the picture and values freeze meaninglessly

3) If you fire your blasters they fire weirdly to your left.

It gets worse.

4) your camera disconnects from your ship and freezes in space

5) your ship keeps flying away, technically under your control but with the camera locked in the air controlling it becomes impossible once the ship gets far enough and small enough. Suicide is preferable.

6) the scoreboard pops up without you pressing anything

I said I'd record it next time it happened and here it is showing everything I just said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11G7LrXZ9uCL82nSV7R2IShKdYWXelZvd/view?usp=sharing

0:10 - weapons, markings and targeting disabled. My radar is still working so you can see I'm looking at ships and drones but seeing no markings at all

0:37 - firing blasters causes the bolts to go insanely to the top left

1:04 - camera disconnects from the ship and freezes in space, ship keeps moving away, getting smaller and less controllable the further it goes.

1:09 - scoreboard pops up by itself

1:13 - I suicide the ship to get out of the broken hell

I had my ship crippled another 2 times that match and we lost by 3 which was just wonderful.

This just happened to me as well, 2 matches in a row. Ctrl+U did not fix the issue. This is the first time I have seen this ever since GSF came out. :(

• 1 month later...

Happened again, with every single time I respawned during the match.  4 pm EST on Nov 10 on the Satele Shan server during a Lost Shipyards domination match.  Occurred with each of the five ships on my bar, not more than 20 seconds into the match as I started flying towards objectives.  As a result I was entirely unable to contribute to the match and was forced to either self destruct or be destroyed.