Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Manaan Daily Area Feedback Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Manaan Daily Area Feedback Thread
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
06.03.2022 , 10:45 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Please offer any general feedback you have about the daily area here.
  • For the heroic area, please let us know if the are feels correct for max level. It should not be too easy or too difficult. If it is, give details on your experience.
  • Was it difficult completing the Vital Intelligence and Deep Dead Drop missions? If so, please list why.

** Reiterating that for this phase of PTS, players MUST use a character that has completed the 7.0 story to play the Manaan Daily Area.

Thank you!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
06.03.2022 , 12:02 PM | #2
Cannot find a way to start this. and

Yes, all 3 of my characters on PTS have completed the entire story so?????
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. Fantasy book soon to be released (Sept 2022) The Wicked Phoenix

The-Kaitou-Kid
06.03.2022 , 12:07 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Cannot find a way to start this. and

Yes, all 3 of my characters on PTS have completed the entire story so?????
I was able to fly to Manaan and start it there, you start out on a shuttle platform and have to take an elevator down into a larger area where the mission terminal and rep vendor are. I was on an Imperial character at the time in case there's a difference between Republic and Empire.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

casirabit
06.03.2022 , 12:33 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Kaitou-Kid View Post
I was able to fly to Manaan and start it there, you start out on a shuttle platform and have to take an elevator down into a larger area where the mission terminal and rep vendor are. I was on an Imperial character at the time in case there's a difference between Republic and Empire.
I have been all over Manaan and no elevator is there for either character. I only find the shuttle which takes me back to my ship and where the flashpoint is. I even went into the rope area and nothing there so not sure what is going on. I been on both sides.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. Fantasy book soon to be released (Sept 2022) The Wicked Phoenix

The-Kaitou-Kid
06.03.2022 , 12:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
I have been all over Manaan and no elevator is there for either character. I only find the shuttle which takes me back to my ship and where the flashpoint is. I even went into the rope area and nothing there so not sure what is going on. I been on both sides.
Are you in the Invasion Zone or the old Manaan area from pre-SoR? When you check Manaan on the galaxy map, it has a thing similar to Belsavis/Corellia where you can choose to go to the old pre-7.0 Manaan section or the new Invasion Zone. You have to be in the latter to access the dailies. It'd be smart of them to add a shuttle to the old Manaan area to take you to the Invasion Zone, especially since the SH drops you out in the old Manaan area.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

SilverChap
06.03.2022 , 12:39 PM | #6
On Republic side there's no taxi or other way to travel from the starting platform where you pick up the quests to any of the other platforms where you actually do them.

As a workaround you can kill yourself by jumping into the water. After that you'll respawn on one of the other platforms and unlock the quicktravel point there. This platform actually does have a taxi droid but it can't be used and there doesn't seem to be any way to get to the other platforms where the rest of the dailies have to be done.

Edit: After being able to actually download the patch from the launcher there are taxis now.

casirabit
06.03.2022 , 01:18 PM | #7
1. Okay found the entrance but consider putting another entrance on the main area and adding to the activity list for those that have finished the required story line.
2. Stop with the kickbacks already. Come on now.
3. When traveling underwater let us see the scenery.
4. Datapads should drop better especially on live.

Vital Intelligence
It took a bit to find the item we needed for this, not too long but not sure how it will work on live if you have more than one person looking for the item and searching in the same spot you are.

Heroics:
Note: I was doing this solo with a level 50 companion. Jedi Consular-Combat Style-Lightening Sorceress

Heroic 4-Tried but since it is a heroic 4 it a bit much for solo so serious doubt I will do it.

Heroic 2--Supply Justice
(1) Too many Npc in one spot- You many want to not have so many in the area, especially those that like to wander. I was able to do it but there may be some that will have trouble, especially those that wait for you to engage them and then run through the area, like cowards, while you are killing them.
(2) The fight at the end is okay, just a little drawn out especially with the droids, but doable, even solo, if you remember to get out of the way.

The other heroic 2
It can be done but it can take a bit of time. You will need to pay attention to the NPC and if possible stun one (either the medic or the highest NPC)

Lars_Ariva
06.03.2022 , 02:01 PM | #8
I traveled to the Manaan Daily area on a character who had finished the Nul story line. I picked up all the dailies and weekly, but when I clicked the taxi, the taxi map came up but there were not transit points on the taxi map.

Update: When I restarted the game, later in the day, a new download started and once completed, that resolved the problem with the map. Now, I do not know why this occurred. Based on what I have read in Devtracker, apparently, not all players got a download to update the PTS.

LadyAdmiral
06.03.2022 , 02:28 PM | #9
HOW TO GET TO MANAAN DAILY AREA

Quote:
To access the Manaan Daily Area, follow the steps below:
Via the Galaxy Map, travel to the Manaan Invasion Zone
Near the base where you land, you should see a mission board next to the taxi stand. This will have all the available missions for you to try out

------

I've had multiple players confused about how to get to the new Manaan dailies (they didn't read the forums to find out it's not on normal Manaan) and another player who did get there say their imperial taxi had not destinations (strange, couldn't replicate).

ELEVATOR BUG - https://twitter.com/swtorista/status...20009952477184 - "This elevator is super broken. When you run towards it you can see the button but it disappears and starts moving when you run towards it LOL. You can still click it but it is invisible and moved way down. I think the other one is funky too." My team mates also experienced strangeness with this elevator.

HEROIC FEEDBACK - We had a team of 3 and a companion. All the heroics were quite easy no struggle at all (Republic side). We were amused by the selkath that could kill its friends.

OTHER DIFFICULTY - I don't think we ran into anything we didn't button-mash through. Nothing was too confusing that I could see (Republic side).
~ Swtorista

Ulathar
06.03.2022 , 03:18 PM | #10
Did the daily area on Rep side today with a group of 3 players + 1 comp. The pacing seemed good, no difficult fight in there which is good, because daily areas will be done often so shouldn't be too difficult/tedious, in my opinion.

The only significant bug we encountered werer the elevators to the heroic area. The close you moved towards the elevator, the lower the button moved. So if you stood directly at the elevator, you couldn't use it because the button was below the floor and unclickable. You had to move some steps back and sort of guess where the button might be, then it worked.

Of course I have no idea about the story tie in, but so far everything looks fine to me. The quests themselves also don't seem to take too long by themselves, which again (imo) is a good thing for a daily area haha.