7.0.2 Update

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We just took the PTS server down so that we can prepare for 7.0.2. We gave some insight into what would be contained in this update which you can read here (please also read the follow up post that is linked toward the bottom).

Alongside the adjustments that are listed out in the above post, Weapons in Outfitter will also be coming in 7.0.2. As I mentioned in the PTS post earlier, we do not have a set date just yet, however, we are targeting 7.0.2 to be deployed in the coming weeks. Expect to see the usual maintenance messaging that will announce the date, expected downtime, and also when patch notes will be available. As always, should any of this change, I will be updating the forums with new info.

Thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

We just took the PTS server down so that we can prepare for 7.0.2. We gave some insight into what would be contained in this update which you can read here (please also read the follow up post that is linked toward the bottom).

Alongside the adjustments that are listed out in the above post, Weapons in Outfitter will also be coming in 7.0.2. As I mentioned in the PTS post earlier, we do not have a set date just yet, however, we are targeting 7.0.2 to be deployed in the coming weeks. Expect to see the usual maintenance messaging that will announce the date, expected downtime, and also when patch notes will be available. As always, should any of this change, I will be updating the forums with new info.

Thanks!

Still waiting on this so called expansion is that coming with 7.02 ?

"Coming weeks." Not great news for us people waiting for 7.1 to get more story. So much for "7.1 will come shortly after 7.0." Also really wondering what is taking so much time to get 7.02 out.

Also worried about how the weapon outfitter will make it to live, but I suppose we'll see...

I already suffered the GSF grind so these changes are really late for me.

I am sure there is ONE poor dev working his butt off, so I feel a bit bad for saying "too little too late". But it is the truth and that is directed towards EA for having this game in maintanence mod while reaping our subscriptions and placing it god knows where.

"Coming weeks." Not great news for us people waiting for 7.1 to get more story. So much for "7.1 will come shortly after 7.0." Also really wondering what is taking so much time to get 7.02 out.

Also worried about how the weapon outfitter will make it to live, but I suppose we'll see...

I suspect 7.0.2 will come out just in time for May 4, and 7.1 will be around the 4th of July.

"Weeks"

Yeah, right.

It will be "weeks" until this meagre "Expansion" will be in the state it SHOULD have been released.

Even the delayed release was a desaster.

Now we will have to wait WEEKS until this mess is fixed and not a buggy playable beta?

Wow.

This is the worst year in SWTOR history so far.

And I am subbed since release.

And on top of this you promised a "glorious year" of content and things to be released for the 10 year anniversary.

With this shoddy and knowingly buggy release in February which still had OVER 100 KNOWN ISSUES on release any credibility is truly lost for me.

Considering cancelling my sub after over 10 years.

Been part of this journey since the beta and then continously.

I endured much.

Especially in the last 3 year.

But sometimes things neeed to end.

Seems to be the only possibility for a wake-up call.

But then even this is probably too optimistic...

Edited by ARFett

I'm surprised EA is so happy to let people continue to unsub due to ridiculous delays and poor execution when these updates finally do come. Now you're not even bothering with ETAs. I know this isn't the most popular MMO, but the cartel market is a cash cow. You are losing money by performing this poorly.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Thank You. I can't wait to see how these changes translate into actual game play.

I've come to expect that the wait time between updates is longer than I'd like, and I'm just grateful for what we get because I'm such a recent player to the game. I like to spoil myself so far as what changes to expect though, any word on when the change logs get finalized before each release on average?

I'm anticipating when the title crawl/prologue cinematic will be added back in for new characters. I can't start this new character I've been brainstorming until that happens. I suppose I can eventually, but am hoping it'll be this year.

I'm surprised EA is so happy to let people continue to unsub due to ridiculous delays and poor execution when these updates finally do come. Now you're not even bothering with ETAs. I know this isn't the most popular MMO, but the cartel market is a cash cow. You are losing money by performing this poorly.

Sorry, but I had a good laugh at that. EA makes all the major money with their Sports franchises and especially with their mobile games. The money that SWTOR makes is less than peanuts compared to that, which is the entire reason why this game gets consistently ignored in the annual financial reports to their investors and why they are completely uninterested in pouring any serious resources into the continued development of this game.

Once the income fails to offset the costs anymore or a new Star Wars Mmorpg comes out, EA wouldn't bat an eyelid and immediately pull the plug on this thing.

Edited by Phazonfreak

"Weeks"

Yeah, right.

It will be "weeks" until this meagre "Expansion" will be in the state it SHOULD have been released.

No, not even.

Solo gear is still a joke

Solo players still have to grind for gear without getting actual upgrades drop

Conquest points still vastly favor GSF (which shouldn't be nerfed, by that I mean that solo content, especially heroic weeklies, need to give more conquest points)

People will still afk in GSF

There's still a pitiful amount of story

Skills still come too slow for new players

Still no word on GAME BREAKING chapters still bugged (Gemini Captain anyone?)

Class balance is a joke

Heck I still can't use my pets without losing them when I load

And with all that I bet that we'll have to switch oufits when we switch combat styles too...

Edited by Pricia

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

it's not the 7.0.2 who will bring back the "massive" left player, see steam chart, and the play as we want in this game.

Your gearing system is just insane. 7.0 is a massive downgrade.

For the good health of this game, consider rolling back 6.2 keeping new flashpoint, story, double class.

No, not even.

Solo gear is still a joke

Solo players still have to grind for gear without getting actual upgrades drop

Conquest points still vastly favor GSF (which shouldn't be nerfed, by that I mean that solo content, especially heroic weeklies, need to give more conquest points)

People will still afk in GSF

There's still a pitiful amount of story

Still no word on GAME BREAKING chapters still bugged (Gemini Captain anyone?)

Class balance is a joke

Heck I still can't use my pets without losing them when I load

And with all that I bet that we'll have to switch oufits when we switch combat styles too...

This is ridiculous!

Solo gear is just where it is supposed to be. Since you get scaled down for EVERYTHING solo related and having 200 crit more doesn't even matter in non-scaled so it matters even less the lower your level.

ALL content gives sidegrades? What are you grinding? Medals of commendation!?

GSF always gave a lot of conquest points, and even before the gear was added to it people where doing it for conqueest! No, GSF doesn't deserve nerfs - it has enough problems getting pops anyway.

Ya probably the only fact you wrote in this post, people will still afk.

Pitiful? You mean... added with 7.0? There is a lot of story to do, you just DID it already - ofc they won't cater as fast as you play.

Skills they don't know what to do with anyway? Honestly I don't know, I leveled one toon since everyone said it was a big deal... and it was really not, its fine.

My biggest problem here "GAMEBREAKING" chapters? Are you kidding me, are you actually kidding me!? I made videos showing of easy chapter 4 was when it was a "big" deal. It was easy! If you can't beat it... level to 80 maybe? I really really really don't understand??? And now: the "gamebreaking, unbeatable waaaaay too hard boss" the gemini captian - without ANY dcds, or even MOVING (apparently world first since it seems to be just this hard :mad: ). Just straight up a priority system I don't even know that well!

Oh my days, ok after this really intense and honestly very hard fight - where I almost dropped to 50% without any dcds or movement or ANYTHING, lets get back to it.

Class balance is a joke you are right, but since its so poor and I just did the gemini captain on the literally 2nd worst performing spec it should be a walk in the park for all others? Its not like merc dcds would've mattered since I didn't even use them. Ridiculous.

Just resummon them your pets its a GCD in a spawn area? Why does this matter at all? This needs no changing this doesn't need to be addressed.

You do realize that it switching your outfit when you switch combat style is intended? My sniper wants to look different with a sniper rifle then with an assualt cannon?

Honestly bro, you complain all day about stuff thats either wrong, easy, or just doesn't need to be changed at all. I feel like some players are just here to complain! Which is a huge problem, since the forums are the ways of communicating with the community and all they get for posting an update that adds weapon designer EARLIER than (after the delay) expected! This is good news not bad news!? How is not having a date such a big deal?! No wonder we don't get more regular updates from the dev team, no wonder they'd rather DM players than ask the community for help!

Sorry for the vent but this is insane, how the duck can you complain about weapon designer finally being added. You were right to complain about it not being in 7.0 btw that was a bit sad. It just feels like a lot of people are enjoying 7.0 and the few that don't are here giving feedback, ruining it for everyone else. Sure I'll fully well admit that 7.0 wasn't that good for most players, but 7.0.1 and especially 7.0.2 are really really good improvements - and all they get is hate. The same hate I'll probably get now for defending a system that is fine. The gearing is complicated, but honestly - its not? The swtor content creators did a TERRIBLE job explaining it. I didn't know what to do, and how to gear and I wasted my entire commendations week 1 and still was 330 by the end of week two. It is really not that bad if you want to (and have the to do that of course, no shame in being low gear).

:p

This is ridiculous!

Solo gear is just where it is supposed to be. Since you get scaled down for EVERYTHING solo related and having 200 crit more doesn't even matter in non-scaled so it matters even less the lower your level.

ALL content gives sidegrades? What are you grinding? Medals of commendation!?

GSF always gave a lot of conquest points, and even before the gear was added to it people where doing it for conqueest! No, GSF doesn't deserve nerfs - it has enough problems getting pops anyway.

Ya probably the only fact you wrote in this post, people will still afk.

Pitiful? You mean... added with 7.0? There is a lot of story to do, you just DID it already - ofc they won't cater as fast as you play.

Skills they don't know what to do with anyway? Honestly I don't know, I leveled one toon since everyone said it was a big deal... and it was really not, its fine.

My biggest problem here "GAMEBREAKING" chapters? Are you kidding me, are you actually kidding me!? I made videos showing of easy chapter 4 was when it was a "big" deal. It was easy! If you can't beat it... level to 80 maybe? I really really really don't understand??? And now: the "gamebreaking, unbeatable waaaaay too hard boss" the gemini captian - without ANY dcds, or even MOVING (apparently world first since it seems to be just this hard :mad: ). Just straight up a priority system I don't even know that well!

Oh my days, ok after this really intense and honestly very hard fight - where I almost dropped to 50% without any dcds or movement or ANYTHING, lets get back to it.

Class balance is a joke you are right, but since its so poor and I just did the gemini captain on the literally 2nd worst performing spec it should be a walk in the park for all others? Its not like merc dcds would've mattered since I didn't even use them. Ridiculous.

Just resummon them your pets its a GCD in a spawn area? Why does this matter at all? This needs no changing this doesn't need to be addressed.

You do realize that it switching your outfit when you switch combat style is intended? My sniper wants to look different with a sniper rifle then with an assualt cannon?

Honestly bro, you complain all day about stuff thats either wrong, easy, or just doesn't need to be changed at all. I feel like some players are just here to complain! Which is a huge problem, since the forums are the ways of communicating with the community and all they get for posting an update that adds weapon designer EARLIER than (after the delay) expected! This is good news not bad news!? How is not having a date such a big deal?! No wonder we don't get more regular updates from the dev team, no wonder they'd rather DM players than ask the community for help!

Sorry for the vent but this is insane, how the duck can you complain about weapon designer finally being added. You were right to complain about it not being in 7.0 btw that was a bit sad. It just feels like a lot of people are enjoying 7.0 and the few that don't are here giving feedback, ruining it for everyone else. Sure I'll fully well admit that 7.0 wasn't that good for most players, but 7.0.1 and especially 7.0.2 are really really good improvements - and all they get is hate. The same hate I'll probably get now for defending a system that is fine. The gearing is complicated, but honestly - its not? The swtor content creators did a TERRIBLE job explaining it. I didn't know what to do, and how to gear and I wasted my entire commendations week 1 and still was 330 by the end of week two. It is really not that bad if you want to (and have the to do that of course, no shame in being low gear).

:p

Are you payed by Bioware or why did you allways defend this bull.... delivered with 7.0?

The gearing in 6.0 was nearly perfect now its boring, stupid and a meaningless grind.

And where are this great Story in a story-driven MMO, this few minutes?

Are you payed by Bioware or why did you allways defend this bull.... delivered with 7.0?

The gearing in 6.0 was nearly perfect now its boring, stupid and a meaningless grind.

And where are this great Story in a story-driven MMO, this few minutes?

I'm not paid no, I just speak for the people who don't look at the forums because usually only people that have a problem or are unhappy are on the forums. Why else would you they be here afterall? No reason to complain = no reason to go on the forums.

Really don't care about the gearing or who can reach what GS and how they do that. The way I see it is simple: You want gear? Go get it. Grind to hard? Don't do it. Literally that easy, just look at all the pug runs being made of DF EV KP and all the other operations. Clearly people are doing the (not even that bad or meaningless) grind.

As I already said, making these little vids to prove it is really not too hard I realized how cool the entire kotet and kotfe story is. class stories are meh in comparison if you ask me. However, I already said that 7.0 didn't add a lot of story (even though the rep side version was amazing) so I don't really get why you even bothered mentioning it again.

I agree on most of your post.

But on that bit i don't agree that it affects new players. I does feel slow from the perspective of veteran players that already leveled a lot of toons and making new alts now feels painfully slow to take form. This is worsened at the fact we now have less skills/utilities.

But from the perspective of actually new players, is not that bad as it is now. Some changes in the order are even welcome. Like gap closer for PT/VG now is an option sooner, they used to get that past lvl 50 on 5.X and 6.X (was insane, and pita to level as every trash could hit you before you could even do sh*t to them).

The problem i do see is that it feels 'empty', there are no engament in skill learning. Skills just pop from time to time and some are not even part the main tree but are part of the specialization, there are gaps of many levels without anything where we used to get passives often (now many are grouped).

So, i do consider it a bad new system. But the 'speed' i find more adequate.

As I already said, making these little vids to prove it is really not too hard I realized how cool the entire kotet and kotfe story is. class stories are meh in comparison if you ask me.

So, you prefer low budget soap operas over premium mini series ... welll ... good for you. In matter of tastes, to each its own.

IMO the real tragedy of all of this is how dimly some folks look at others. I personally don't care whether it's due to gearing (which right now is a bit ridiculous) .. less and less story content (I get the whole slow down thing since Covid and the lack of people who really want to be employed these days) ... and a lot of other details.

If someone doesn't like the idea that I'm able to get GOOD gear (not the green garbage) frankly GET OVER IT! BTW... that is the polite version of what could be said. I'm also guessing that unless I post using language and a temperament that would cause a melt down at ATT&T (my provider) that I'm not gamer enough to be taken seriously. Yeah ... I get that too! I use to run with groups like that. I know what kind of rotten attitude they have toward just about everyone else. That "gamer" attitude flatly stinks! I'm not impressed.

All of those details added together is spelling out a clientele that is frustrated and quickly becoming weary and restless.

One thing is for certain. 7.0 has succeeded in one area: It has managed to divide all of us !!

(Yeah .. I get it! But the old man is still right) ;)

Topic ... back to full circle!! I'll wait and see for myself how this new update turns out. Hopefully some of this gets sorted out properly!!

I'm not paid no, I just speak for the people who don't look at the forums because usually only people that have a problem or are unhappy are on the forums. Why else would you they be here afterall? No reason to complain = no reason to go on the forums.

It's easy to speak for the silent majority, they'll never object to it.

It's easy to speak for the silent majority, they'll never object to it.

Ya you are right. Doesn't make my point less valid, maybe I worded it a bit unfortunate yea. Of course I can't speak for other people, but does it make my point any less valid? I don't think so.

But again, I just wanted to clarify the points because most of them where, objectively speaking, wrong. Especially the "story being too hard" one.

Ya you are right. Doesn't make my point less valid, maybe I worded it a bit unfortunate yea. Of course I can't speak for other people, but does it make my point any less valid? I don't think so.

But again, I just wanted to clarify the points because most of them where, objectively speaking, wrong. Especially the "story being too hard" one.

I think that the people who are saying that the chapters are overly difficult are doing them in master mode, and are comparing their experience to what they remember from doing the same content in past expansions.

In your video it looked like you did it in story mode. Maybe you should try doing the same fight in master mode and see what you think then.