Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changes to rewards for PvP, GSF, and Operations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Changes to rewards for PvP, GSF, and Operations
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BryantWood
03.31.2022 , 09:44 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone,

Have a few updates to share with you all.

First, some of you may have noticed that /stuck has been temporarily removed from ranked PvP. This was done to prevent exploitative behavior. We intend on re-enabling /stuck in game update 7.0.2 (will have more details on that when we can share them). Players are utilizing /stuck to receive rewards in unintended ways, so we will be adjusting rewards earned in ranked weeklies to help discourage this behavior but also taking this opportunity to balance rewards in various parts of the game.

With 7.0.2, players can expect the Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Go Berserk! to be reduced to 1750 (down from 2000). For those who enjoy playing PvP, rewards for Unranked will be increased (listed later in this post).

While we’re here, we wanted to shed more light on other adjustments that were made to balance rewards players were earning so they feel better rewarded in playing various parts of the game they enjoy. These reward balances will be coming with 7.0.2, but you can see them now on the PTS server.

We’re going to be making CM-1337 easier and simpler for players to obtain. The RPM and OEM modules can be purchased directly from the Spoils of War Vendor for 5k Tech Fragments each, while other sources have been removed:
  • RPM-13 and OEM-37 costs on the Spoils of War Vendors SoW Vendor are now 5k (down from 10k)
  • RPM-13 have been removed from Group Ranked Daily and Weekly Missions
  • OEM-37 have been removed from Operation drops and Missions
  • Weekly Missions “A Surprising Offer” have been removed from the fleets

Improvements to Unranked Weekly Mission Rewards: [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor and [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War:
  • WZ-1 Accelerants are now 110 (up from 55)
  • Tech Fragments are now 1500 (up from 450)
  • Daily Matrices are now 20 ( up from 8)

Improvements to Unranked Daily Mission Rewards: [DAILY] March Them Down and [DAILY] No Quarter
  • Tech Fragments are now 150 (up from 75)

Slight Reductions to Starfighter Rewards:
We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.
  • Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)

Increased Tech Fragments in Operations, especially focusing on Story:
We’ve read feedback regarding Operations bosses not rewarding enough Tech Fragments and have increased how Tech Fragments are rewarded from them. The further you progress in an Operation the more Tech Fragments will drop from bosses. With a complete Story Mode Operation now granting 2000 Tech Fragments (up from 450). Veteran and Master Modes will also be increased to grant 2500 and 3000 Tech Fragments respectively.
For a 5 boss Operation, rewards will be as follows for Story Mode:
  • Boss 1: 100 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 2: 250 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 3: 400 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 4: 500 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 5: 750 Tech Fragments
Operations with more or fewer bosses have been balanced to reward an equal amount of Tech Fragments based on their average completion time.

Another change players may have noticed on PTS is that currency names have been updated. These were made to better clarify what content the currencies are related to.
  • Medal of Commendation is now Conquest Commendation
  • Aquatic Resource Matrix is now Daily Resource Matrix
  • Hazardous Matter Catalyst is now OP-1 Catalyst
  • Thyrsian Production Accelerant is now WZ-1 Accelerant
  • Decurion Isotope Stabilizer is now FP-1 Stabilizer

We hope this gives you a little more insight into what to expect for 7.0.2. We will have more communication around that update when we have more details to share.

EDIT: Follow up post made on 4/4/22. Found here.

Bryant Wood | Systems Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

UlaVii
03.31.2022 , 10:18 AM | #2
Will the material requirements for the augments be adjusted with the RPM & OEM changes?

WendaWenda
03.31.2022 , 10:28 AM | #3
OEM and RPM being removed from Nightmare and Ranked drops, will decrease the supply dramaticaly.
Tech fragments are used in gearing and buying materials. People will prefer buying their legendaries and tacticals.

So if your goal is really to make golden augments more accessible, you either need to drastically reduce the price of Legendaries or keep the materials dropping in their respective content.

Ambrodel
03.31.2022 , 10:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BryantWood View Post
Hi everyone
Hi Bryant.

Improvements to Unranked Weekly Mission Rewards: [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor and [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War:
  • WZ-1 Accelerants are now 110 (up from 55)
  • Tech Fragments are now 1500 (up from 450)
  • Daily Matrices are now 20 ( up from 8)

Improvements to Unranked Daily Mission Rewards: [DAILY] March Them Down and [DAILY] No Quarter
  • Tech Fragments are now 150 (up from 75)
While I do love these increases, they're not good enough to make me want to slog my rear end through a lot of PVP. You can be the absolute top player on the team and still lose 15 rounds in a row and gain absolutely nothing. Why not have the PVP missions work like the GSF, where a defeat counts for 1 point and a win for 2. Incentive to play, even if the team is horrible and scores 0 points/kills?

Slight Reductions to Starfighter Rewards:
We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.
  • Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)
I'll freely admit, I'm probably considered one of those people. But I'm not. I am not into the dogfighting aspect, I rarely win a 1v1 fight in a scout, striker or bomber. Gunship/sniper role is my favourite in any shooting game. But recently I've managed to look past that and explore the wonders of a camping bomber under the satellites. It's super fun, it's super relaxing and it also makes me look super AFK, until B is under attack and my mines and probes do their thing. Granted, if I am at A or C and everyone else is on the other satellites, it makes me look really really inactive in every parameter except Objectives. Which is good enough for me, but if people count that as ”not actively participating”, then something needs to change on your end.
While this won't make me play less GSF, because I actually like it and wish you would develop it further with new ships and maps and maaaaaybe new types of both, it will make me a little sad to lose out on the tech fragments. GSF is my primary income, because it's content I find fun and it's rewarding me for my time spent, unlike PVP, with the 1-2 point system.

Another change players may have noticed on PTS is that currency names have been updated. These were made to better clarify what content the currencies are related to.
  • Medal of Commendation is now Conquest Commendation
  • Aquatic Resource Matrix is now Daily Resource Matrix
  • Hazardous Matter Catalyst is now OP-1 Catalyst
  • Thyrsian Production Accelerant is now WZ-1 Accelerant
  • Decurion Isotope Stabilizer is now FP-1 Stabilizer
Tell me, honestly, didn't you just change the name to make it easier in the future? Next type will be OP-2, WZ-2, FP-2 etc. Now you won't have to come up with new names

We hope this gives you a little more insight into what to expect for 7.0.2.
It did. Thank you. But as has been said too many times already, it's just not enough. 7.1 better be damn impressive and arrive sooner rather than later, because this whole content patch you call an expansion is beyond stupid so far. These changes are a tiny step in the right direction, but it's a drop in the ocean of Manaan that we have yet to swim in.

maanmies
03.31.2022 , 10:33 AM | #5
Are you saying I need to do grind 52 story ops to get mats for 1 legendary augment. If yes then this is even worse than now.

MokiDono
03.31.2022 , 10:45 AM | #6
This will wreck the economy even worse than before. You can barely buy augs from GTN, because they are over a billion credits. Now that the mats will be scarcer than before, it will skyrocket again.
For the love of god, stop making drastic changes like this and think for a second. As other stated, either drastically reduce the mats needed for the augs, or do not change the drops from pvp or ranked. Tech fragments will be crucial resources for a while due to the implant upgrades and purchasing. So either bring those down to 3k frags as well, or make the implants 330 from the start.
Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Deposer of the Dread Masters

DiliH #Rektrain

kylexnorton
03.31.2022 , 10:50 AM | #7
Is there any chance of an increase on the Weekly Caps to the various currencies? The limit of HMCs/Op-1s has been oppressive to say the least in my gear grind, as well as everyone else's that I know. I usually hit the cap on Tuesday just from my stored drops and any unclaimed HM weeklies from the past week, since I was already at 999/999 for that entire week as well. I also always seem to be at 14 Medals of Commendation/Conquest Medals left when I'm at the weekly cap, so I'm literally just 1 short of another upgrade as well which are usually 15 Medals a piece.

Its just bothersome to feel like my playtime is being limited or or slowed by a currency cap. However, I get that I may be an outlier here as this is the main game i play and spend 99% of my time gaming on SWTOR, so I may be more affected than others. But, I do know a lot of my HM/NiM raiding friends also feel strongly that the currency caps have halted our collective gearing process collectively.

NicoleMay
03.31.2022 , 10:54 AM | #8
Interesting. Not sure how viable the Gold Augs will be to get still, given that LOTS crafting is around the corner.

But it seems likely GSF grinding won't be needed anymore. I can just do operations for my tech frags! 🤞

I do wish they more addressed the issue of people going AFK and such in GSF, rather than just diminishing the rewards. If someone has 15 deaths and 0 kills/assists, or 0 damage, then they shouldn't get credit in the first place.

The currency name change, while a positive, seems like it should've been in 7.0 at launch, not after everyone has gotten used to the names. (Plus, HazMatCats just sounds cooler.) Still, if you can actually stick to OP, WZ, and FP gear currency after this expac, I welcome it. (But when the gearing currency changes in 8.0 completely, I won't be shocked.)

occhipintimax
03.31.2022 , 10:56 AM | #9
another patch to fix things that were't broke before. they sure know how to scam their employers for work hours

Chryptyk
03.31.2022 , 10:58 AM | #10
Hi everyone,

Increased Tech Fragments in Operations, especially focusing on Story:
We’ve read feedback regarding Operations bosses not rewarding enough Tech Fragments and have increased how Tech Fragments are rewarded from them. The further you progress in an Operation the more Tech Fragments will drop from bosses. With a complete Story Mode Operation now granting 2000 Tech Fragments (up from 450). Veteran and Master Modes will also be increased to grant 2500 and 3000 Tech Fragments respectively.
For a 5 boss Operation, rewards will be as follows for Story Mode:
  • Boss 1: 100 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 2: 250 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 3: 400 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 4: 500 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 5: 750 Tech Fragments
Operations with more or fewer bosses have been balanced to reward an equal amount of Tech Fragments based on their average completion time.

the increase in tech frags is nice, however you are still not addressing the issue of how the weekly mission works and how catalysts are earned. the catalysts need to be spread out across each boss and the tech frags could be the lump sum at the end.

people will still likely not join an in-progress group just for tech frags, when we are still trying to farm catalysts.