Update on the Galactic Seasons 2 rewards track issue

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

This is a follow up of the Galactic Seasons 2 reward issues players are experiencing since we launched game patch 7.0.1. To resolve these issues, we’ll be deploying a patch (7.0.1a) next week, targeted at March 29, 2022, with likely a couple hours of downtime. We’ll give you details once we lock that down. Important to note that you can continue playing normally until the patch goes live.

Players can expect the following to happen when they log back into the game after maintenance has completed:

• Players will see their reward tracks updated to what they were on March 22, 2022 prior to 7.0.1 rolling out.
  • This does NOT impact seasonal progress and fixes the issue that prevented you from claiming your rewards.
  • This also means, if you’ve already claimed rewards from the Subscriber track, you’ll have another opportunity to claim them again.
  • Example: If you were at Galactic Seasons 2 level 20 on March 22 prior to 7.0.1 and are at level 25 at the time 7.0.1a rolls out, you will be able to claim rewards from level 20 to 25, and then continue playing normally.

Thank you for your patience as we investigated the reports and determined the best resolution for our players.

EDIT: Added clarification that only the Subscriber rewards are re-claimable as those were not working as intended pre-7.0.1a.

Edited by JackieKo

Thank you very much for the update, for the prompt attention to this, and for the anticipated solution. I especially appreciate the reassurance that players can continue to progress Seasons levels without adverse effect. This did not need special emergency downtime either, so I appreciate this being in the regular maintenance window.

Hi everyone,

This is a follow up of the Galactic Seasons 2 reward issues players are experiencing since we launched game patch 7.0.1. To resolve these issues, we’ll be deploying a patch (7.0.1a) next week, targeted at March 29, 2022, with likely a couple hours of downtime. We’ll give you details once we lock that down. Important to note that you can continue playing normally until the patch goes live.

Players can expect the following to happen when they log back into the game after maintenance has completed:

• Players will see their reward tracks updated to what they were on March 22, 2022 prior to 7.0.1 rolling out.
  • This does NOT impact seasonal progress and fixes the issue that prevented you from claiming your rewards.
  • This also means, if you’ve already claimed those rewards, you’ll have another opportunity to claim them again.
  • Example: If you were at Galactic Seasons 2 level 20 on March 22 prior to 7.0.1 and are at level 25 at the time 7.0.1a rolls out, you will be able to claim rewards from level 20 to 25, and then continue playing normally.

Thank you for your patience as we investigated the reports and determined the best resolution for our players.

Marvellous! Thanks :) And thanks for posting this as a sticky - no one can complain now (myself included - I shall go back to my Quinn/Rivix/Theron shenanigans)

Edited by Sarova

Thank you finally for coming forth and I am glad you've taken an approach that matches what was suggested.

Please confirm that this same approach will be announced immediately should any similar incident occur this season or any subsequent season/event where progressive rewards are issued. This kind of incident management immediately buys you (relatively) unharassed time to investigate and formulate a fix and it builds player confidence that they can just get on with playing (whatever else isn't unplayably broken). Players should still be encouraged to raise tickets in case other error triggers are encountered which aren't (yet) figured into the patch.

BTW since you've confirmed you have at least some visible audit of player progress you can now publish a number of standard responses (SOPs) to incident types to reassure players of how some issues will be managed in future. Publishing how you plan to respond to issues can build customer confidence in the service you're delivering. We can give you feedback on the approaches and in your adaptation to feedback you might build further confidence and trust.

Thank you finally for coming forth and I am glad you've taken an approach that matches what was suggested.

Please confirm that this same approach will be announced immediately should any similar incident occur this season or any subsequent season/event where progressive rewards are issued. This kind of incident management immediately buys you (relatively) unharassed time to investigate and formulate a fix and it builds player confidence that they can just get on with playing (whatever else isn't unplayably broken). Players should still be encouraged to raise tickets in case other error triggers are encountered which aren't (yet) figured into the patch.

BTW since you've confirmed you have at least some visible audit of player progress you can now publish a number of standard responses (SOPs) to incident types to reassure players of how some issues will be managed in future. Publishing how you plan to respond to issues can build customer confidence in the service you're delivering. We can give you feedback on the approaches and in your adaptation to feedback you might build further confidence and trust.

^ This. All of this.

Thank you for the much-needed update! Also knowing we won't lose what we are currently not being granted in its current broken state. I jumped right into the game after seeing the post as I hadn't played for the 2 days waiting for this from the Dev's.

This was what I needed to see so I could continue playing!

Thank you again!!

My sub ran out today, will you retroactively allow us to claim the sub rewards we should have gotten but did not. I do not want to sub for another 30 days as I will not have enough time to play going into April...