[Ruins of Nul: Story Mode] One Shot by Malgus

pbraden

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to do it, when you tank Malgus with your back on a pillar... but i don't know, if this was the right strategy, or just pure luck. :D Mayby everything is working as intended, and it is Malgus new Power "Bury the player in the ground".

I went through the exact same thing, so I know your pain. I died at least 10 times to Force Pull or Relentless Assault before giving up and getting off the game for the day. In the end it all of that pain and agony wasn't even worth it, because the story was so short and underwhelming...but that's another topic. Thanks to the people in the chat box, who were going through the exact same problem, I found a way to avoid the pull and finally beat Malgus.

You have to stay next to the pillars where the health buffs are. If you do, when Malgus pulls you, for some reason it bugs out and doesn't pull you under. Instead it does some kind of push-like affect. But you have to have your back towards the pillars, not the Force Barrier. If you don't, when Malgus does the pull ability, it'll slam you against the barrier and it'll do a lot of damage.

Once you beat Malgus, be careful not to press escape once you make it to the cutscene. Because during that, your character will fall through the ground several times and die from fall damage lol. Hope this helps.

How is it possible, that there is still no response to this? The ingamechat is full of deserate people, but there is nothing to answer them, are the devs even aware of that ****?

Apparently, they aren't. I haven't seen anything on the forums or their Twitter to suggest that they know this problem exist. I even contacted Customer Service the first time this happened to see if they could help, and they still haven't replied back. It's almost as if BioWare is ignoring the issue and never even play tested this boss fight before they released the expansion. How could this issue have slipped past them like this? They even shut down the servers for a bit today, and I was hoping they'd fix the issue then, but they only did something about the keybinding problem. It's honestly ridiculous, and I really hope they fix this disaster soon.

Can't defeat Malgus. Once I get him to 1/4 health my character just falls over. It says I was defeated with 0 fall damage and I have to start the fight over again. For christ sake this expansion/patch is bad as it is but it's literally unplayable. This is a beautiful map but everything else is bugged and unplayable - great job everyone!!!

I don't usually blame devs for trash games but this is next level garbage. Barely ANY content and what is there is literally unplayable. This is the single most pathetic "launch" of a patch/expansion I've ever witnessed. The community manager must be on Holiday or something cause the silence is deafening. Edited by transpose_x

Broken overhyped, shallow lazy one-dimensional garbage, typical BioWare.

This fight is unwinnable, and progression is not possible past it.

*********** incompetents, how the actually serious **** could even these arse-clowns have possibly missed this?

Seriously, *********** how?

So I had this bug on my jedi knight sentinel, but not on my sith warrior juggernaut today.

Here's what I did different:

- In my Jedi Knight, I had picked up a few of the bonus obelisks but I didn't complete the bonus objective. Today I noticed that picking those up, they add some kind of debuffs on your character if you leave them up, so I'm wondering if they are tied to the bug. So when I confronted Malgus with this jedi, I still had the debuff because I didn't finish the bonus.

- In my Sith warrior, I got all the obelisks and completed the bonus objective so the debuffs were gone and when I did the final fight, it went smooth.

Not sure if this will work for everyone, or just a coincidence, but I figured to drop it here as an alternative and only way I noticed a difference.

So I had this bug on my jedi knight sentinel, but not on my sith warrior juggernaut today.

- In my Jedi Knight, I had picked up a few of the bonus obelisks but I didn't complete the bonus objective. Today I noticed that picking those up, they add some kind of debuffs on your character if you leave them up, so I'm wondering if they are tied to the bug. So when I confronted Malgus with this jedi, I still had the debuff because I didn't finish the bonus.

- In my Sith warrior, I got all the obelisks and completed the bonus objective so the debuffs were gone and when I did the final fight, it went smooth.

I did that side quest on my KNight to. And I kept dying to malgus anyway.. I called it quite after around 20 deaths so no it don't have an effect to do that.

Not sure if this will work for everyone, or just a coincidence, but I figured to drop it here as an alternative and only way I noticed a difference.

I did that side quest on my Knight.. I still got hit by the bug and died around 20 times before calling it quite.

I also died around 20 times, trying some of the workarounds in here, but nothing worked

Got him finally when i switched rivix to tank, let him start the fight, and after every small red puddle i moved away to be able to jump to him during his relentless assault cast. i was playing on my jugg, skilled immunity to movement impairing effects after force charge, so malgus was not able to pull me under the map ^^

Edited by Rykon

Is there an ETA on a fix? I mean if they can't fix the move, remove it. There's already a knockback, a charge, and walls that can kill you; not like removing the move will make the encounter less interesting. Edited by dannomite

The buff theory is interesting as that was the scenario my group was in... did the bonus objectives without doing the bonus boss.

Alternatively, I wonder if character body type plays a factor.

If they aren't going to answer here, use social media. Bioware is more likely to answer if this gains traction in a public space. This is happening to many of my guildies who don't read or post on the forums. This issue isn't just this one FP. There's at least one more critical to progression FP (Secrets of the Enclave) that has a similar issue. I found a way to cheese them, but that doesn't mean others will have similar success. I got lucky. It's silly to me that someone, anyone (points to you community manager) hasn't come in here and at least said "hey, we know this is an issue, we are working on it it might take x amount of time to fix it." or "It's working as intended, good luck." Edited by Duusor

My biggest question is how is this not on the "known issues" thread yet. This isn't even localized to story mode. Vet mode too.

Specially since Community managers have yesterday closed TWO threads (That I know of) Citing wanting to consolidate all infomation about this issue into THIS thread.

Well the bug finally hit me on my 6th toon. For whoever is comparing, I did nothing different from the other times.

Tried letting them fight him but died behind the pillar because I wasn't getting healed, lol.

Reset the phase and now the first boss is making me full to death.

Edited by Pricia

Haha, looks like a really fun encounter for pugging. :D

...and still no response. I really wonder, when Bioware starts to respect the players, and their time.

There are still tons of players ingame, desperatly asking in chat what they should do, to beat this encounter...

Well, i guess, the only answer u can give them is, go and play something else.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

We're still investigating the issue that players are experiencing with the Malgus fight. We will update players once we have a fix in place.

Current workaround for this fight is to stick with the outer perimeter of the fight (by the stone path but not beyond the pillars) when Malgus uses the ability Relentless Assault.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi all,

We're still investigating the issue that players are experiencing with the Malgus fight. We will update players once we have a fix in place.

Current workaround for this fight is to stick with the outer perimeter of the fight (by the stone path but not beyond the pillars) when Malgus uses the ability Relentless Assault.

Thank you for your patience.

Hey Jackie, do you all need video and/or combat logs to assist?