Empty server list

MacFelly

It's not something we can fix. It's a dev issue and they haven't even popped into the thread to acknowledge the problem..

Yeah, Jackie popped into multiple threads (currently four) to acknowledge the issue of people who can't get past the loading screen, but not one acknowledgment of the empty server list issue yet. :(

Edited by Estelindis

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea im having the same issue, This issue actually happened to me during the Ryzen fiasco last week. Where the very rare occasion i would get past the launcher it would do this. And you can tell its not connecting because the gear in the corner doesn't spin. Way to drop the ball again DEVS.

Taking a look at the traffic using Wireshark the game is actually making contact with the servers, lots of handshaking and TLS negotiating, etc., but when it sends the actual application data to the server the only thing it gets back is an ACK, an acknowledgement that the server got the request. No return data (i.e. the server list) is sent back.

Combined with my log entry up-thread it looks like our games are sending an invalid request, and when the only reply they get from the server is "yes I heard you" they fail, and we get an empty server list.

Unfortunately can't provide any help, though I really wished I could.

I'm (unsurprisingly) also running on an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 with AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS. The fix Cassanius and Mckor helped to find worked to fix the launcher issues this weekend but now, I'm also met with an empty server list. Welp.

Hope the devs will find a solution to this sooner rather than later...

okay so I did a reinstall, this I used the steam instead of the OG installer. and it worked I got into game, then I tried to quit and add my settings and restart the game, didn't work. Had to delete settings folder ( I manually added it again so I'd get a clean folder and subfolders) and now it works again. It's gotta be something in the settings that is effing it up. anyways I'm off to play a bit.

oh and btw I had to the first time setup every time I started the game via steam but heck I'm in the game!

Hi all,

In an effort to help troubleshoot this issue, can impacted players please confirm if they used the Launcher Repair Utility Tool from this post?

I started with a freshly downloaded game today. Empty server list.

I tried the Launcher Repair Utility. Empty server list.

I had the launcher repair game files. Empty server list.

I swapped out the SWTORLaunch.dll file for the known, working version from Cas. Empty server list.

I repaired the installation again. Empty server list.

Hi all,

In an effort to help troubleshoot this issue, can impacted players please confirm if they used the Launcher Repair Utility Tool from this post?

Yes, I used the launcher repair tool. Probably no surprise to anyone here... Zephyrus G15 with a Ryzen. Please fix this crap. Waited an extra two months for this expansion to drop. Now we need to wait for yet another fix.

Guess I'm playing Lost Ark tonight.

Edited by kormonnaut
Adding a thing

Hi all,

Thanks for coming in and trying to help us Jackie.

First I tried without applying the launch repair utility: empty server list.

Then I tried after applying the utility: empty server list again.

Hi all,

I believe I initially used an earlier version of the Launcher Repair Utility Tool earlier this week, which seemed to fix the launcher issues up until the expansion update. Then, I launched the game without doing anything and got the server issue.

I have now used the Launcher Repair Utility Tool linked and it didn't seem to fix it either, as I am still met with the server issue.

Hi all,

I'd like to add we are past the launcher issue now. We can launch the game, but we are not getting the shard list from the servers. Can't select a server, so can't play the game.

My network traffic sniffing shows the game making a successful connection to the servers. I can see the requests for the various patch manifests from the launcher, and see the point where swtor.exe takes over from launcher.exe. I can see swtor.exe successfully negotiating handshakes with the server, and what appears to be the request for the shard list (it's encrypted so I can't actually read it, but the timing and packet sizes look about right). I can see the server ACK, acknowledging it received application data from swtor.exe. But the server doesn't do more than that, I assume because it is programmed to ignore an improper request (which is exactly right).

Also on a Zephyrus G14 with Ryzen/Geforce.

No server list.

kormonnaut is having the issue on a G15, so apparently it's the entire Zephyrus series. I'd like to know if this is occurring with other Ryzen processors, or just the mobile line used in the Zephyrus.

kormonnaut is having the issue on a G15, so apparently it's the entire Zephyrus series. I'd like to know if this is occurring with other Ryzen processors, or just the mobile line used in the Zephyrus.

Gonna take a wild guess and say something with the Asus system suite has issues. I have another game that can’t make it more than ten minutes without crashing, apparently because of Armoury Crate

Edited by kormonnaut

Gonna take a wild guess and say something with the Asus system suite has issues. I have another game that can’t make it more than ten minutes without crashing, apparently because of Armoury Crate

I could understand this better if the game hadn't worked fine on our machines until last week.

I've actually uninstalled armoury crate still having issues

It's not Armoury Crate. I mean I was playing the game, um, week before last without issues. And again this past weekend, once we discovered the DLL swap to bypass the broken launcher. I mean yeah, Armoury Crate is bloatware that I still have because I haven't gotten around to uninstalling yet, but it's never stopped me from playing SWTOR.

okay so I did a reinstall, this I used the steam instead of the OG installer. and it worked I got into game, then I tried to quit and add my settings and restart the game, didn't work. Had to delete settings folder ( I manually added it again so I'd get a clean folder and subfolders) and now it works again. It's gotta be something in the settings that is effing it up. anyways I'm off to play a bit.

oh and btw I had to the first time setup every time I started the game via steam but heck I'm in the game!

I tried removing the settings folders from AppData/Local earlier, didn't help. But hey, I'm willing to give it another shot.