A question about Referals

Kenevil

Hi everyone.

Is there anywhere I can check that tells me how many other people's referral links ive clicked on? A friend of mine wants to play and I remembered the whole referral linkage system and am eager to get a legit use out of it instead of dodging the scammers that infest the fleet.

Pretty sure like a fool I fell for one of the scams way back when and am curious to know if there's a place I can check how many ive used.

Also why do they always want someone who's never clicked one before? Am I missing something?

Hi everyone.

Is there anywhere I can check that tells me how many other people's referral links ive clicked on? A friend of mine wants to play and I remembered the whole referral linkage system and am eager to get a legit use out of it instead of dodging the scammers that infest the fleet.

Pretty sure like a fool I fell for one of the scams way back when and am curious to know if there's a place I can check how many ive used.

Also why do they always want someone who's never clicked one before? Am I missing something?

Hmm, interesting question. You can check how many people have clicked on your referral link, here. But I do not think there is anywhere where you can see how many links you have clicked on.

Regarding the second question, clicking a referral labels that account as having been referred to the game by you.

• If the account is a new one, then when they subscribe you get (iirc) 500 Cartel Coins, and then 100 Cartel Coins for every month they stay subscribed.
  • If the referral link is used by an existing subscriber who has never used a referral link, they get the 500 CCs immediately and 100 CCs for every month the existing subscriber stays subscribed.
  • In cases where the person using the link has previously used a link, they get the 100 CCs every month but they do not get the initial introductory 500 CCs.

So the people shouting that they will pay (for example) 20 million credits for subs to click their link if they have never used a referral link before, and 3 million for subs who have used a link (but not within the last 90 days), are distinguishing between the accounts that will gain them the 500 CCs plus a monthly grant of 100 CCs, versus the accounts that will only get them the on-going 100 CCs.

Corrections... thanks SteveTheCynic for pointing out that the initial reward is 500 CCs, not 700 :D

I was trying to think of a reward, but all I could think of was either internet fame or an over-ripe Maroj melon...

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

What Erevan said, except that the initial "never used one" one-off bonus is 500 rather than 700.

Just to add there are two different bundles, one if they're a free player, just starting, the jumpstart, which has exp boost among other things, the other is the tradition one, pref bundle, which has unlocks. If your friend is going to click it, ask them to do it before they sub, that way, the get the first bundle, the jumpstart, it's much better off for a starting player, then in 90 days, they are free to click the link again, which will give them the second bundle, which are the unlocks, mostly useless to subs, but become very useful if you cancel your sub, or just take a break between subs.

I am curious, what happens with the code after someone stops being a sub? Does the code disappear or become inactive, and do these people still get rewards if you have used their code and are no longer subscribed?

You get the 100 CCs every month the person is subscribed. When their subscription ends, your flow of CCs from that referral stops. If they resub at a later date, you do not get any more CCs from their original referral, but I am not sure whether there is a grace period to cover the scenario where their sub stops for a day or two before renewing.