Exclusive Companions

iDeviantz

For a completionist like me, I would prefer to have all the Companions made available to me. Although I am still far from my goal, I would hope the Dev Team bring back Shae Vizla, Nico Okarr and other Exclusive Companions back as subscriber rewards at the very least for all those who missed the subscription period to receive those rewards.

The non-CM companions with odd requirements are:

* Nico Okarr (be a subscriber on date X or date Y or date Z)

* Shae Vizla (be a subscriber on date W or date Z)

* Restored HK-55 (be a subscriber on 11 Jan 2016 *OR* buy the Shroud of Memory token from the CM)

* Z0-0M (be a subscriber continuously from 11 Jan 2016 to 1 Aug 2016 *or* buy the Shroud of Memory token)

* Darth Hexid (complete the "With A Little Help From My Friends" achievement)

* Master Ranos (complete the Eternal tier of 2016's Dark v Light event)

So: Nico and Shae aren't conceptually a problem. Stick them on the CM at a TBD price, probably a bit more than the price of a "pure" CM beast/droid companion. (Editor's note: I suggest that from my position as a holder of both of them by subscription on, respectively, date X and date W.)

HK-55 and Z0-0M are already solved.

Darth Hexid isn't a problem as she's still available for anyone who finishes the achievement (40 group activities).

Master Ranos, therefore, is the only one that poses any sort of conceptual difficulty. Master Ranos was a reward for a substantial chunk of gameplay, not for being a subscriber. I would be interested to hear what you suggest to replace that.

They did actually make Shae and Nico available for a second time if I recall correctly (in 2018) as subscriber rewards so it's entirely possible they could bring them back again as sub rewards. Although they did get a lot of flak for not giving different sub rewards to those who already had them.

I'm not sure plopping them on the CM regardless of the price will ever make up for all the hoops we did to get some of them, but effort versus money has already been beat to death concerning companions, and no one's mind was ever swayed one way or the other. Edited by xordevoreaux

The non-CM companions with odd requirements are:

(snip)

* Restored HK-55 (be a subscriber on 11 Jan 2016 *OR* buy the Shroud of Memory token from the CM)

* Z0-0M (be a subscriber continuously from 11 Jan 2016 to 1 Aug 2016 *or* buy the Shroud of Memory token)

(snip)

HK-55 and Z0-0M are already solved.

Slightly off-topic, quick question about those; is the Shroud of Memory token really a single character unlock? Because I was looking at it in the CM yesterday and it just said 'character' and there also doesn't seem to be any ways to claim it on other characters after purchasing it on one.

Considering that Treek can be claimed on all characters after unlocking the Mercenary Contract in Collections; Shae, Paxton, Nico and (I believe) Hexid all have their 'claim me' items mailed to new characters if the subscription requirements and such are met, and most of the animal/droid companions can be unlocked in collections.... the 'SoM' pack being single character, if it is, seems strange and more importantly, especially for people who didn't start playing (or even know about the game) until after the subscriber reward period ended, expensive if it's 3800cc per character and a player has multiple characters...

I believe that that wording is in error, and that once you've bought it, it unlocks account-wide. (I'm not sure, and I can't test it because my main account unlocked it back in 2016.)

*sighs*

I'm not sure I want to risk spending the money on it and it turning out to be a single-character rather than account. That would be both disappointing and likely highly frustrating...

Is there anyone who has purchased the "Shroud of Memory" from the CM who can clarify this one way or the other?

There are companions I did want plus other things such as the Hutt holotrainer. However exclusive really should mean exclusive. I just hope BW change the wording for any future offer and clearly state the item may be offered again at some point in the future, and remove the word exclusive. However BW already have form for giving these so called exclusive offers again and fully expect them to continue to do so . So I guess it's just a case of waiting for them to do it.

*sighs*

I'm not sure I want to risk spending the money on it and it turning out to be a single-character rather than account. That would be both disappointing and likely highly frustrating...

Is there anyone who has purchased the "Shroud of Memory" from the CM who can clarify this one way or the other?

It is account wide. It became avaialbe on all characters.

I don't recall if there is a level restriction to use it, but all of my characters are max level so when I used it on my main, it became available for everyone.

***But just for a slight clarification just in case since I had a pal ingame tell me he used it and it wasn't granted. You do have to be at the proper point in the storyline, don't recall KOTFE or KOTET since I was done way before buying the item, but you do have to be at the proper point in story for the chapter to be available....

***But just for a slight clarification just in case since I had a pal ingame tell me he used it and it wasn't granted. You do have to be at the proper point in the storyline, don't recall KOTFE or KOTET since I was done way before buying the item, but you do have to be at the proper point in story for the chapter to be available....

You have to have finished all of these:

* KotFE Chapter IX, which unlocks ...

* To Find A Findsman, which recruits Yuun and unlocks ...

* Arma Rasa, which grants the rebuilt HK-55 and unlocks Shroud of Memory, the story/mission thing.