Best Sentinel DPS tree?

psikofunkster

There is no best other than the one tree that you prefer and with which you feel most comfortable. From a strict dummy-numbers perspective, Watchman wins hands down; but they're reliance on DoTs makes them slightly less reliable on add fights like Gate Guard Draxus or Corrupter Zero. Watchman is perfectly viable, but perhaps not as viable as Combat or Focus which both rely on direct burst damage rather than DoTs.

I have always, and will always, prefer Combat, especially as I suck at Watchman (Focus is fun - especially for dailies!); but, ultimately, you need to choose the spec that is right for you.

Thanks i think im gonna give a try to combat i have never played it before.

What i know is that my sentinel only gives me 1527-1815 damage being almos full oricon, with the same gear my shadow infiltration and my sniper marksmanship give me a little more than 2000 both.

1527-1815 damage

That the damage on your character sheet? What rating is your main hand lightsaber's hilt? That will influence your main hand melee damage more than any other piece of gear. My Sent's main hand spread is 1600~1900 with a 180 hilt, and not all his pieces are 180s (mostly unoptimized enhancements at this point).

That the damage on your character sheet? What rating is your main hand lightsaber's hilt? That will influence your main hand melee damage more than any other piece of gear. My Sent's main hand spread is 1600~1900 with a 180 hilt, and not all his pieces are 180s (mostly unoptimized enhancements at this point).

hi, 34 both sabers. Have all augmented of course (28 augments) with buffs included i only get those numbers.

Still we are pretty low IMO compared to other dps classes....

i've tried combat a few moments ago doing KP HM have the feeling i make more damage less buttons to press (more are on cooldown all the time).

Edited by psikofunkster

hi, 34 both sabers. Have all augmented of course (28 augments) with buffs included i only get those numbers.

Was tired last night; just realized my spread was padded 'cause I still had a stim up from running DF HM on my Sentinel. LOL

One thing that you have to bear in mind with Sentinel damage, though, is that it's pretty much all divided into two damage packets - one main-hand hit (the 1500~1800 spread) and then an off-hand hit (should be about 300~600, I think?) which will make things more even. I believe that classes that don't get off-hand hits have their main-hand damage passively bumped to account for the damage discrepancy of not having a second weapon. The only Sentinel attacks that don't have an off-hand component (at least as Combat, probably Watchman; think Exhaustion as Focus is a Force attack, so no off-hand there) should be Blade Storm and Dispatch, meaning that pretty much every other button you press will have a secondary damage packet.

Watchman, Focus, Combat in that order.

Not true at all.

Certain specs are better for different fights. Watchman is clearly the best for sustained dps on one or few targets, but combat is great for fights where you need burst, more AoE damage than watchman, and where you have to swap targets a lot (basically where ever there are more adds.) Focus is the best for AoE but it's terrible (compared to the other 2 specs) for single target damage.

I would say watchman = combat > focus. Watchman and combat are best for certain fights, and honestly combat has good enough AoE for situations where you need it.

Watchmen is best because of two things: low skill to potential DPS ratio and the DoTs create great sustained DPS. It's really that simple. It's why overall, the best AC specs going are Watchmen/Annihilation Sent/Mara, Assault/Pyro VG/PT, Dirty Fighting/Lethality GS/Sniper, and more recently Balance/Madness Shadow/Assassins and Sage/Sorcs.

Combat (in the hands of a skilled user) can pull equal to Watchmen numbers (Dummy and actually OPS fights), but it's high skill cap and amount of attention needed to manage PS Windows and procs prevent a large amount of Sent player to not being able to handle Combat.

Focus is great for heavy AoE fight, and general farming runs (dailies, missions, etc). It ability in OPS is limited to small amount of fight where the Sweeps have the ability to hit at least two targets most of the time (Draxes, Grob [only sometimes], Corruptor, Bestia), but even Combat can handle those jobs too if needed.

As many People point out: Watchmen = Combat > Focus.

Edited by mastervalkar

The one you enjoy the most. Beside that:

Watchman = single target DoT

Combat = single target direct

Focus = area direct

It is very easy to choose. Focus could indeed be rubbish for 55 stuff, but is so sweet during levelling/dailies!

Objective list: Watchman >= Combat > Focus

Subjective list: Watchman = Focus > Combat

Thanks but no need to keep posting more suggestions i have reached my own conclusions some days ago.

Watchman: periodical damage and more high chance of survival.

Combat: Burst damage but more prone to damage.

I prefer combat right now.

Edited by psikofunkster