[Suggestion] Friends by username and by character name

DarthRavnos

Exactly as the title implies.

I would love to be able to add my friend's username to my friend's list to see which character they are on. And to see which faction they are on.

Granted, should this be implemented you should probably add the ability to go "invisible" so friends see you as offline.

I find it difficult to know if my friend is logged into his Imperial toon or on his Republic toon. And if he/she decides to reroll it makes it difficult as well.

What "Username" do you speak of?

Is this something you type in as an alias for that user's characters?

Or are you suggesting (doubtful) the friends list lists people's actual login name.........

I would suggest it only add actual character names. Then groups them by account as that other person logs in with other characters. This way you know "Oh... Billy is actually that Frodo guy I added last night!"

Online As - AKA

"Fred" - "John, Jane"

"Billy" - "Reaper, Beefeater, Fodo"

"Banth"

"Poodoo, Ieatpie, Spider, Thecleaner"

What "Username" do you speak of?

Is this something you type in as an alias for that user's characters?

Or are you suggesting (doubtful) the friends list lists people's actual login name.........

I would suggest it only add actual character names. Then groups them by account as that other person logs in with other characters. This way you know "Oh... Billy is actually that Frodo guy I added last night!"

Online As - AKA

"Fred" - "John, Jane"

"Billy" - "Reaper, Beefeater, Fodo"

"Banth"

"Poodoo, Ieatpie, Spider, Thecleaner"

I apologize if I wasn't clear. If my friend created 4 characters on the Republic side, instead of me entering all 4 character names I could just add his account's username.

Blizzard does similar through your battle.net account. You enter the person's account and viola. I don't have to worry about what you named all your characters. In addition, show if they are logged into a character on the opposite faction. This way if I want to group with the person I can log off and back onto another toon.

So long as its some sort of OTHER account identifier (Legacy Name would be good) that is setup inside the game. Then adding that to friends/ignore list would be beneficial.

But not even my FRIENDS (real life or online) do I give out my account name/login email. That stuff is personal and only Bioware/EA is to know it and use it. Plus its a long mess of garbage and trying to tell my friends to type that into the friends window would be a hassle I would rather avoid hahaha.

Edited by Frigidman