SWTOR Website Frequent Maintenance Mode Problems This Week

UlaVii

Since the server "upgrade" on Tuesday the SWTOR website keeps timing out on loading and then flips to maintenance mode:

SWTOR.com is temporarily unavailable as we are experiencing extremely high traffic. Please check back again soon, or visit our Twitter account for details!

Sometimes the pages will load after a few refreshes, sometimes like now it has taken over 30 minutes.

This is happening in FF, Chrome, Edge and IE. I've tested it from multiple networks. It's not a browser cache problem. I live in the EU.

There is a Reddit thread for this as well which shows that it's happening to people inside and outside the EU (most posts are from EU):

Two additionally related problems:

1) The Discord SWTOR Dev Tracker webhook keeps spamming old dev posts as the SWTOR website problems keep tricking it out. This is not a problem with the webhook but with the website.

2) Several guild members have reported that their security keys have been desynced since the Tuesday maintenance. They have had to either resync them via the My Account page or they've removed the key and added it again.

This is the second attempt I've made to post this thread as the first one was lost and returned a white screen with this message:

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.b4211f45.1548935767.3124130

Edited by UlaVii

I've been having some trouble too, not as bad as you though. I can still generally get to the forums and post, but it loads and loads and loads. I got the maintenance message a few minutes ago after not being able to get here at all, and of course there's nothing on twitter but an announcement about an armor set (that I want and can never have, but I digress.)

The loading thing made me think it was my internet but it only happens on this site, glad to see confirmation. (I'm in continental US btw.)

Edited by grania

Since the server "upgrade" on Tuesday the SWTOR website keeps timing out on loading and then flips to maintenance mode:

I would recommend not confusing the *game* servers (which were the driving element of the upgrades) with the *web* servers. The upgrades might be linked to the web server glitches, but probably not, since the web stuff is served from a CDN, not from BioWare / EA's own hardware.

If you asked me to point a finger somewhere other than the CDN, I'd be tempted to suggest the authentication / login servers, since they *are* shared between the web and the game. Well, except that if that was the case, the forums would be buried in complaints about not being able to log in to the *game*, and they aren't.

I didn't say it was the game servers. I said these latest problems started after the Tuesday server maintenance. I don't really care which part of the chain is broken, I care about the end result which is affecting my guild members. Anyhow, not having a go at you, just clarifying.

Teddy has disabled their SWTOR Dev Tracker webhook for all Discord servers due to the issues with the SWTOR site:

It's a shame he had to do that but at least it stops the repeat message spam caused by problems on the SWTOR servers.

Edited by UlaVii

The website issue may have been an Akamai synch issue with some of its CDNs

There has been no noticeable issues in Australia for example but we have a local Akamai CDN for http://www.swtor.com just wish the server ping was similar

>tracert http://www.swtor.com

Tracing route to e8690.g.akamaiedge.net [104.74.30.140]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]

2 3 ms 4 ms 3 ms ip-103-85-38-4.syd.xi.com.au [103.85.38.4]

3 5 ms 4 ms 5 ms ip-103-85-37-1.syd.xi.com.au [103.85.37.1]

4 6 ms 8 ms 7 ms 20940.syd.equinix.com [45.127.172.102]

5 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms a104-74-30-140.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [104.74.30.140]

Trace complete.

Edited by OwenBrooks

I get this issue too. After maintenance, the website flashes up the "maintenance mode" message. Strangely it only seems to normally happen if i try to log into General. Other sections of the forum seem ok.

There is a common issue that people see the maintenance message after the maintenance is over , if you Press CTRL F5 it will refresh your browser cache

Example - http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=944515

Edited by OwenBrooks