Mail Delay - please remove mail send delay for in guild communication

lorddjole

Good day to everyone . . .

For a long time now this has been mentioned here and there in different posts. Mostly by GMs of guild that do lot of giveaways, lottery or send out rewards for CQ done.

Our guild, Ancient Dark Guardians, does close to daily discord giveaways for items in game. We always mail them after people win them on discord.

However given the size of the giveaways sometimes (5 x Armor sets, 5 x Mounts, 10x crystals etc etc) it takes a lot of time and effort to send them all cus of mail delay in game.

I understand this is in place as protection from spam mails (which we still get anyways from credits sellers).

I am kindly asking to think on this and remove delay on sending mails to guild members.

It will speed up process of sending rewards and will make Officers and GMs spend less time mailing them due to delay mechanic.

Given that delay will be only removed for in guild communication people should still be protected from credits sellers spam via mail .

Pls consider this and all who have some thoughts and ideas feel free to share and say part on this matter.

With Respect,

Sid

Edited by lorddjole

Yes, would be ace if the mail delay was removed when mailing guild members.

For those that don't know the problem, you can send the first 3 mails back to back with no delay but after the third mail there is a 1 minute delay in between each. This sucks when you have to send out 50+ mails as something you should be able to do in few minutes ends up taking almost an hour. Not fun when you regularly mail out prizes to guild members.

If the concern is that it can be used by people in the guild to spam others then it could be added as a rank permission tickbox similar to the Guild Mail option.

Agreed. Many of us enjoy doing giveaways as a means of facilitating member participation and getting more of our members involved with guild events. With the delay in place, it takes awhile for us to mail rewards to the winners of the giveaway. It's one thing if we are able to just trade to the winner but, if we have to mail it, that delay is a nightmare at times.

Kriandra

GM, Jedi Dominion.

Edited by VbrbvfeC
Added Identification

Yes indeed. Anything that can help us cut down admin time for guilds is good thing.

If there is still fear of abuse it can be added as setting per rank like for Guild Mail ability that can be assigned to certain rank.

unfortunately no matter what they do, there'll be guild leaders who abuse it. So no matter what system they put in, they need to make sure that reports on abuse are taken seriously. Unfortunately the mass mail system was abused by GL's, one I've seen personally, others I've heard about, but all reports on it were ignored :(

They added Guild Mail which as you said; some guild leaders do use to spam their members but they do have options:

• Read the mail and delete.
  • Delete the mail without reading.
  • Speak to the guild leader and point out how frustrating all their Guild Mail spam is.
  • Add GM to /ignore as that prevents their mails reaching you.
  • Report GM for spam.
  • /gquit as the GM refuses to stop spamming you.

Personally I think Guild Mail is big no-no for most guilds. We've never used it in our guild. Maybe if it only mailed characters with the primary star it would be useful for weekly/monthly in-game events notifications or mini newsletters but since it mails every single character in guild it feels abusive. We have people with 5-20 characters in guild so no way we want them to have to be spammed with the same thing so many times.

Since they already added Guild Mail it means the fear of abuse for removing the mail delay is moot. It should be added as a rank permission like Guild Mail so the potential for abuse is greatly reduced.

Removing the delay would be a huge help for people who regularly send out prizes. 30 prizes should take a few minutes with a copy and paste message but instead it's almost 30 minutes. 50 prizes is close to an hour. It's not like you can enjoy the game or do anything else. You're just stood next to a mail box swearing about the delay :p

Update:

Giveaways done today on our discord had 13 winners.

Took me about 25 mins to mail them

then repairs for my team

10 people took 20 mins

share profits from mats on raids to 10 people from team - 15 mins

Total of 60 mins = one hour time

Without mail delay this would take 10 to 15 mins tops ! Its tiering to do this task at hand

given that rest of mailing for other teams is done by team leads so imagine if one person would have to deal with all of it with mail delay

[*] Report GM for spam.

I did ( so did others), and guess what, CS did sweet ** about it, the guild leader continually spammed her ref link. In the end, a few of us left, she kept her core of cronies. Because CS wouldn't do their job, and stop it, our investment in that guild was wasted, time, money, etc.

I'm not saying don't get rid of the timer , as I know there are far more decent GM's then there are <redacted> , but it's a cautionary tale, and I'd hope CS would police it better, so it wouldn't get abused. It is a good idea for bigger guilds, but it could open up a can of worms.

mail Delay Timer removal Wont Affect GMs that spam imo ... cus Guild Mail is "better" tool for spamming guild members then sending in game mails to every member by their name. In fact they should apply Mail Delay on Guild Wide Mail to stop spam, like one mail per day or 3 mails per week or smth similar to that .

Removing Mail Delay wont make much change if u take spam in consideration from guild masters .

Edited by lorddjole

mail Delay Timer removal Wont Affect GMs that spam imo ... cus Guild Mail is "better" tool for spamming guild members then sending in game mails to every member by their name. In fact they should apply Mail Delay on Guild Wide Mail to stop spam, like one mail per day or 3 mails per week or smth similar to that .

Removing Mail Delay wont make much change if u take spam in consideration from guild masters .

That's true I suppose :)

That's true I suppose :)

i suppose as well ... i just hope we can have some change that helps out GMs and officers in doing things needed for the guild.

Cus mail delay really eats up time from officers and gms that could be spent elsehwere for events or smth fun to do with guild

Mail Delay - please remove mail send delay for in guild communication

I'm under the impression that the delay originally was intended to hinder gold spammer transactions.

As much as I'd be for removing the delay, doing so would create a "buyers club" for gold seller gold marketing.

The gold seller would have 1 subscriber account, which would be the gold seller guild's leader (non-subscribers leading a guild means the guild's functionality is limited).

Buyers would then stick an alt in that guild to receive items immediately.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Personally I think Guild Mail is big no-no for most guilds.

As a GL, i use it to update everyone when we have significant changes to the guild, to send out reminders of our guild inactivity policy right before tossing all the deadwood overboard, etc. I try to limit my monthly communications with the guild using guild-wide email to under 5 a month.

As one of the people who actually campaigned to get such a system, I'm not in favor of removing it.

Edited by xordevoreaux

As much as I'd be for removing the delay, doing so would create a "buyers club" for gold seller gold marketing. ... Buyers would then stick an alt in that guild to receive items immediately.

By that logic they should remove the trade option since it doesn't even require a guild and there is no cooldown at all.

Your theory about gold sellers creating "buyer clubs" is already a thing but it actually uses the Guild Mail system. One of the groups of people doing mass ninja invites across servers was spamming guild members to use their Patreon page in return for in-game credits. Now they switched to asking them to pay for Discord boosts in return for credits. Devs are aware but haven't done anything to stop it. I think they are hoping the zerg invite network will give up due to the Grace Period changes. I think they are wrong but time will tell.

As a GL, i use it to update everyone when we have significant changes to the guild, to send out reminders of our guild inactivity policy right before tossing all the deadwood overboard, etc. I try to limit my monthly communications with the guild using guild-wide email to under 5 a month. As one of the people who actually campaigned to get such a system, I'm not in favor of removing it.

I did not say to remove it. I just said that in my opinion using it as it's setup now is a no-no unless absolutely urgent since it mails every character instead of one mail per account.

My point is that since the devs thought adding Guild Mail was a good idea then by extension they should allow the mail delay to be removed, which could also be added as a rank permission. There is no valid reason anymore to cause so much inconvenience to those of us that regularly send out a lot of prizes.

Edited by UlaVii

As a GL, i use it to update everyone when we have significant changes to the guild, to send out reminders of our guild inactivity policy right before tossing all the deadwood overboard, etc. I try to limit my monthly communications with the guild using guild-wide email to under 5 a month.

As one of the people who actually campaigned to get such a system, I'm not in favor of removing it.

Yea agreed if used properly its nice method to inform guild members.

Tough mail delay in guild is also not a good thing imo. Hopefully this gets enough traction to get attention of devs for it to actually be removed for in guild mailing

Im a GM on SS - really wish the delay was removed - or functionality added to give items or credits to guild members. Or even a Guild mail list with the ability to filter and select only specific people in the guild to mail in the guild mail. Either-way - the delays is unnecessary - if someone is getting spammed, people can legacy ignore.

Im a GM on SS - really wish the delay was removed - or functionality added to give items or credits to guild members. Or even a Guild mail list with the ability to filter and select only specific people in the guild to mail in the guild mail. Either-way - the delays is unnecessary - if someone is getting spammed, people can legacy ignore.

Yes, very much agree on what u said. It is very painful to send rewards and other stuff with delay.

Our previous week of raiding finished. We have 40 NIM raiders. Imagine how long it takes to send credits from Mats Split to all of them or send other funds etc etc. It takes too much time out of officers / team leads and GMs. That time would have been used better elswhere - Even some VM like DF VM could be finished in that time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Once again after giveaways done i got reminded of how painful Mail delay is.

Took me 45 mins to send all giveaway rewards today. It would be approx 30 mins shorter work if there wasnt annoying delay between every few mails.

Once again after giveaways done i got reminded of how painful Mail delay is.

Took me 45 mins to send all giveaway rewards today. It would be approx 30 mins shorter work if there wasnt annoying delay between every few mails.

You could try mailing them on twitter or discord, sometimes they seem more willing to answer questions there, than here.

Not saying they will, as it's a suggestion, but no harm in trying, at the very least it will draw attention to something that you, and several others would like looked at , and changed :)

You could try mailing them on twitter or discord, sometimes they seem more willing to answer questions there, than here.

Not saying they will, as it's a suggestion, but no harm in trying, at the very least it will draw attention to something that you, and several others would like looked at , and changed :)

I am hopeful that they are following forum posts as well given its official means of suggesting things. I am sure Jakkie is keeping an eye on forum posts and i am sure it will come to devs attention what has been said here.

But thx for heads up :D

• 3 weeks later...

once again the painful thing of mail delay kicked in for our giveaways. Given its time consuming as always I have decided to try and trade rewards after giveaway ends, but its not really working out well given some people are offline some can come online when i am not there then i need to trade officers then officers trade items and so on and on ... very ineffective

hopefully in patch 6.3 this might be included and we loose mail delay for in guild mailing

hopefully in patch 6.3 this might be included and we loose mail delay for in guild mailing

Or at the very least they come out and say why they can't/won't do it. Is it an unwillingness, unable, etc. At least one way or another people would know.

Or at the very least they come out and say why they can't/won't do it. Is it an unwillingness, unable, etc. At least one way or another people would know.

I think they will let us know in some way. If any way simply by never replying :D which can be interpreted as we wont make this change .

I think its unrealistic to expect for Bioware Devs or Community Team to reply on every suggestion post on forum but i am sure they keep and eye on whats being said.

On that note i endured batch of giveaways last night as well XDDD Took a while to mail it all , but on brighter note we did 2 ops back to back after that :D