Maintenance: February 20, 2020

EricMusco

Oh great Ptach, we ask for the patch notes to appear.

Now!

Wait ...

Now!

No ... I must have messed up something with the patch notes summoning ritual.

Now?

Summoning's are hap-hazard on the best of days, don't be so hard on yourself.

...starting point terminals that don't work?

Unlikely they're are fixing those for the Alderaan stronghold. They broke the starting terminals for the Rishi stronghold in 6.0 and haven't even bothered to acknowledge they're broken, let alone fix them so I can't see them doing anything for Alderaan. I'm wishing I'd not spent money unlocking the Alderaan stronghold because of this. Huge strongholds really need the starting points to work. Rishi was my favourite character base but is now unusable because the starting point terminals are broken.

I hope the next stronghold they give us is a small one (no bigger than Nar Shadaa) with one starting point so that broken terminals don't matter.

Hey folks,

Here are the changes coming tomorrow, they will be fully published on the web tomorrow to coincide with the launch of the patch.

• The starting area of Korriban no longer has a floating platform.
  • Republic players on the Mission “The Task at Hand” will find it much more clear where they need to find General Daeruun.
  • Players who qualified for the 5-year Distinguished Veteran Reward: Galactic Alliance Statue will find a new make-good decoration in their mailbox.
  • Corrected an issue which caused some items to have an Ossus Reputation requirement to equip.
  • Corrected an issue where Operation broadcast messages would not display in some circumstances.
  • Darth Malgus will no longer show up as “Darth Malgus Unhooded” in the subtitles of the final cinematic of Onslaught.

-eric

The decoration is not in my mailbox.

I don't see the sorc/sage set bonus fix for healers. How are we supposed to enjoy the game like the other classes if we aren't equal to them for the change in NIM content. You talk about player disadvantages, and trying to make things fair in certain areas. This is one of those times that it needs to be addressed. We're at a disadvantage in all activities we do.

This is me and everyone else who raids, but you should change veteran and master mode for Ops only back to Hard Mode, and Nightmare. We still call them that after all these years....it wasn't a necessary change.

FPs was a good change to veteran, and master mode. Makes the average person feel good, work them up to Master mode Fps, but those 2 names do not correlate with the Ops at all.

Edited by Guelah_Papyrus

No, it's called the spiderweb of CODE.

I'm sure you glossed over my post on page 1 , just so you could hurry-up-and-post-some-sarcastic-rage!!!!! (as if that type of petulant attitude ever does anything other than repel most rational humans, much less a skeleton-crew Dev Team hampered by ugh EA budget )

My unsolicited advice to you: Research C++ code and/or take some courses on Coding in general, to gain a higher understanding. Then your actually warranted criticisms should have greater impact on the criticized. ;)

Except you have absolutely no inside knowledge of this game's code or the way Bioware works. And they fixed the vents eventually, so clearly they were capable of doing so. They simply didn't make it a priority when they should have. Your post is just making nonsense excuses.

By the way, several of the arenas are still instantly killing people from either just coming out of spawn (mandalorian battle ring) or from using movement abilities on certain parts of the map (corellia square). Are bugs like that harder to fix than the ones they fixed today? Sure, but Bioware is seemingly making no effort to fix them (the battle ring bug has been there since the map was put in the game). In fact, they haven't even acknowledged them. That's just negligence.

I'm normally on the white knight side of things. When it comes to substantive changes to the game, I'm usually quite accepting. I've very rarely been critical of the devs at all. But these particular issues with ranked arenas are inexcusable, and Bioware's feet should be held to the fire over them.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I'm normally on the white knight side of things. When it comes to substantive changes to the game, I'm usually quite accepting. I've very rarely been critical of the devs at all. But these particular issues with ranked arenas are inexcusable, and Bioware's feet should be held to the fire over them.

Well, naturally you like many other players only value things that pertain to them. So naturally, you being a ranked overlord, you'd expect and demand they fix ranked overlord arenas.

That's fine. I just felt like clarifying your typical position since you brought it up yourself, about "white knight" and all, how you white knight things that work in your favor but criticize things that do not. At least you admit it lol.

Personally I try to make a real effort to be as objective as possible, but that's just me.

Well, naturally you like many other players only value things that pertain to them. So naturally, you being a ranked overlord, you'd expect and demand they fix ranked overlord arenas.

That's fine. I just felt like clarifying your typical position since you brought it up yourself, about "white knight" and all, how you white knight things that work in your favor but criticize things that do not. At least you admit it lol.

Personally I try to make a real effort to be as objective as possible, but that's just me.

This is a totally nonsensical mischaracterization of what I wrote, with an added bit of ignorance and hypocrisy as well, bravo.

Ranked pvp is the endgame pvp in this game. To pretend that these are somehow just special fixes for something I value is absurd. Several avid ranked players I know basically stopped queueing due to the vents issue alone.

In terms of being a "white knight" I was referring to things like conquest changes, new story content, etc. I usually give Bioware the benefit of the doubt. That has nothing to do with only liking things that work in my favor. You thought that somehow includes certain things about ranked that you are fundamentally ignorant about. It doesn't.

You claim to try to be objective, yet you have a completely unreasonable, fiction-based vendetta against ranked that doesn't at all accord with reality. You call that objective, when it's actually complete foolishness borne of ignorance.

The decoration is not in my mailbox.

Mine either, and i've been subbed since 2011 (took a short break once , but otherwise subbed since 2011 beta)

hmm.... i guess i'll try filing a dreaded 'EA Customer Service' ticket and hope they respond :cool:

*EDIT: looks like some of the Customer Service ticket system got recently fixed somewhat, cuz i don't the the -negative numbers anymore and also my old tickets are now 'CLOSED' (which is good) .

**SECOND EDIT: Customer Service replied within minutes ( 1st time that's happened in a long while) and now i realize my aforementioned "short break" ( 'preferred' status cuz of RL busy) screwed me out of being eligible....by like a matter of DAYS lol ugh!!

Edited by Nee-Elder

Hey folks,

Here are the changes coming tomorrow, they will be fully published on the web tomorrow to coincide with the launch of the patch.

• The starting area of Korriban no longer has a floating platform.
  • Republic players on the Mission “The Task at Hand” will find it much more clear where they need to find General Daeruun.
  • Players who qualified for the 5-year Distinguished Veteran Reward: Galactic Alliance Statue will find a new make-good decoration in their mailbox.
  • Corrected an issue which caused some items to have an Ossus Reputation requirement to equip.
  • Corrected an issue where Operation broadcast messages would not display in some circumstances.
  • Darth Malgus will no longer show up as “Darth Malgus Unhooded” in the subtitles of the final cinematic of Onslaught.

-eric

Any update on the sound stuttering issues?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=946670

Edited by TrixxieTriss