Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty pathetic how they're doing this. The only reason why I pre-ordered was to get early access with everyone else so I could play on a PVP server and not be camped by higher levels like Rift and every other MMO that I have played. I guess that was too much to ask for.

I'd cancel, but noooo I can't anymore because I got a code. This is my first Bioware game, and so far its not a good experience. If I was going to get in today, I wouldn't be mad at all. I'd be fine with that, but because I'm being pushed aside for the people who pre-ordered first, and I'm not getting in until the 18th, I'm not exactly happy.

Every email with a pre order code EXPLICTLY stated you had to register your key to secure your position in early access as did the small print on the pre order page of the site, if you did not bother to read it that is your failing, no one else's.

The process for entering your code at swtor.com was in the emails you received when you pre-ordered your game.

As for your "demand' for you pre-order fee, the "fee" is $5 of the total of the game. You are not being charged extra.

Where is a facepalm emote? :rolleyes:

Actually if you look at the preorder receipt here are the two line items:

Product SKU: 71185

Product Name: STAR WARS: The Old Republic Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $5.00

Product SKU: 71199

Product Name: STAR WARS: The Old Republic Digital Deluxe Edition (Pre-Ordered)

Anticipated Released Date: Targeting Holiday 2011

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $74.99

As you can clearly see, they charged $5 for the "honor" of pre-ordering. I remember when this happened thinking it was crazy that they charge additional fees for us giving them money for a game that doesn't even exist yet, but I was happy to pay it for EGA. Regardless you can have you facepalm emote back.

Everything up to this point was exactly how you are supposed to launch a game.

This? This is ridiculous. Not telling us when we can start playing?

You do realize that people take time off work/school to enjoy the launch, right? Especially since there are holidays coming up where being able to play TOR will be not so possible?

You might think it is some great service that you sent the "secret wave 2" out early, but it is pointless because I am in the dark as to which day I can take off work, if any.

You really need to post estimates of "if your code was redeemed on XX/YY/ZZZZ then you can expect to play on 12/DD/2011."

Nobody cares if it happens earlier, great, the entire point is about scheduling time to play.

I don't see how you've done everything right up to this obvious point, and turned this into a clown circus

I agree you should cancel your pre-order so that you don't have to deal with them evar.

No where, never once, did BW say you would get in 5 days early. It's always been UP TO 5 days. Don't understand how people can be so peeved if they don't get in on the 15th. If you get in on the 19th then BW is still living up to their word.

Shut up, quit crying and understand that any early access is a bonus. Jesus...figured most that played this would be mature. There goes that idea.

Well thats not quite right, they added the "up to" later on.

But anyhow, are there any australians who have received an email so far?

Just curious if the region matters as well, even thou they say it doesn't.

Whiners grow up. ANY access before Dec 15th (since that was the original early access promise) is an absolute bonus and I guarantee anyone who pre-ordered before Nov will be in before Dec 15th. Would love to be playing right now, but I'll wait my turn in line. Whiners behaving like a bunch of toddlers who should still be in nappies, unbelievable.:confused:

According to this I'm not getting in until the 19th. lol

hehe i wouldn't go by that, according to an interview with a BW staff menmber he said several hundred thousand per day are gonna be let in, that to me equates to 300k and if there are roughly 900k pre orders thats 3 days

Sadly, I purchased the game within 15 minutes of pre-orders being available, but didn't redeem the code until a couple of days later.

Who knew the part where you actually give them money was completely inconsequential.

:(

The part on your pre order email that said you had to submit the key to your account for pre order access.

I'm glad someone pulled up that chart again.

Because it would be ignorant to let onlt 13% of the player base in. A lot of low-pop areas and the game would feel dead for those folks. I bet they let in more like 40% if things go well and try to finish it off 2morrow. No reason for them to just twiddle their fingers.