DO NOT nerf scoundrels/operatives!

Payneful

Huh?

Consumable popping Scoundrel/Operatives have been known to hit for nearly 10k damage on their opener.

Consumables are being fixed in 1.1 did you not read this in the notes? Or is it just more fun to whine about something thats being fixed in 2 days.

Once the stackable consumables is fixed, we will see who is crying nerf nerf nerf then.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consumables are being fixed in 1.1 did you not read this in the notes? Or is it just more fun to whine about something thats being fixed in 2 days.

Once the stackable consumables is fixed, we will see who is crying nerf nerf nerf then.

I didn't say nerf nerf, maybe you should read my posts. All I said was the person that said a Scoundrel/Op can't hit for 9k damage was wrong.

Nerfs haven't even hit and the waaaaaaaaaahmbulance has already been summoned. They know the end is nigh!

This is not so much crying, but the amount of crying about how bad the operatives need nerfs is getting ridiculous. DeathKorps gets it, people died in PvP. These things happen, you dont have to like it.

Ops/Scoundrels do need nerfs.

Why? Because when one of them can do 12k-15k damage on a target with 400 expertise in EVERY one of their openers (regardless if their abilities on are on cd or not) that is MASSIVELY imbalanced. They do the same thing to geared tanks.

Its: stun > dead. Trinketing and popping cd's don't work. Well played ops still roll everyone, including tanks. There is no way around it. Team game or not, ops/scoundrels are doing too much damage and are too good period. Their heals are too strong, their out of stealth damage is too strong, their ability to restealth is too easy.

If they could do such damage once every 5 minutes or so, because they need to wait on cd's, that would be one thing. If they only could vanish from combat to reset the fight once every 3-5 min, that would be ok. But they can literally do this every fight in a war zone, because their abilities have such short cd's.

Nerf heals, nerf the damage, buff their durability slightly. Fixed.

Edited by Humankeg

Ops/Scoundrels do need nerfs.

Why? Because when one of them can do 12k-15k damage on a target with 400 expertise in EVERY one of their openers (regardless if their abilities on are on cd or not) that is MASSIVELY imbalanced. They do the same thing to geared tanks.

12-15k eh? Thats the biggest number I have seen claimed yet. got vid to prove that or are you just another of those people that doesn't understand the difference between an over powered class and people abusing the stackable consumables and jumping on the bandwagon?

All that's being doen to the consumbles is that people that aren't biochem can't use them. The stats aren't being nerfed. So in other words, ops and scoundrels will still do the same damage.

And to the person you are quoting: they do way more than 10k damage (well played and geared ops/scoundrels). I run 15k life and 400 expertise, and routinely die in an opener to ops/scoundrels that are similar or better geared.

All that's being doen to the consumbles is that people that aren't biochem can't use them. The stats aren't being nerfed. So in other words, ops and scoundrels will still do the same damage.

And to the person you are quoting: they do way more than 10k damage (well played and geared ops/scoundrels). I run 15k life and 400 expertise, and routinely die in an opener to ops/scoundrels that are similar or better geared.

You are going to make me go and find the quote from the bioware dude that specifically says they are fixing the exploitable stackables aren't ya.

Good thing they turned the search back on.

12-15k eh? Thats the biggest number I have seen claimed yet. got vid to prove that or are you just another of those people that doesn't understand the difference between an over powered class and people abusing the stackable consumables and jumping on the bandwagon?

The person that claims this happened to them has no proof, so we must assume they are grossly exaggerating. If this were to happen one could only assume that the person being crit is absolutely horrible, or that the particular operative in question is doing an outstanding job at abusing consumables and farming tears in the process, but it is most likely a combination of both.

perhaps you should read my post? I wasn't even talking consumables. When an op is farming the bottom of the spawn area for kills in hutt ball, and does the same 12-15k damage every opener every time I jump down, then its not consumables. Its base damage mostly.

And no I dont' have videos. But I am a quality player, with objective opinions, and also am of the highest integrity. Its not even about being bad or good, when the player is decently geared (15k life and 400 expertise) and lose 80-100% of my health pool in the opener of an ops. And seeing it happened so frequently it couldn't just be stacking consumables, as they would still be on cd.

Find a champion geared ops, and see what they can do to you. You will have your answer.

The person that claims this happened to them has no proof, so we must assume they are grossly exaggerating. If this were to happen one could only assume that the person being crit is absolutely horrible, or that the particular operative in question is doing an outstanding job at abusing consumables and farming tears in the process, but it is most likely a combination of both.

Yes, standing there with my trinket on cool down, with 15k life and 400 expertise, and dying in an opener makes me horrible.

Yeap, I am bad.

No I don't exagerate, I don't need to. No, not all ops do this damage, as they are either bad, or not as geared. But either way, even a geared ops shouldn't be able to do this much.

Where are these tears you speak of btw? Perhaps your own because you know the class will be nerfed?

You will have to excuse DeathKorps if he is unable to take you at your word.

Didn't really expect anyone too. But like I said, find a champion geared ops, and let them go to town on you. Watch what happens in the opener. I dont' need to post a video about something that can be found out for one's self on their own.

In fact we have additional changes to classes and consumables currently in internal testing to deal with faster than anticipated kill times in player versus player combat in a future patch.

ok so maybe that doesn't mean its in 1.1 but it is coming. I hope you don't get YOUR class nerfed because some genius can't tell the difference from a regular player and one who exploits the consumables. But it probably will happen because so many people are so fast to cry and whine without even experiencing it themselves, if they read an "xxx is OP" post on the forums suddenly they are harbingers of doom right along with the genius that posted the cry for nerf in the first place.

You are going to make me go and find the quote from the bioware dude that specifically says they are fixing the exploitable stackables aren't ya.

Good thing they turned the search back on.

I don't know of any expoitable stackables. First I have heard of there even being an exploit. I know you can stack 15% expertise with rakata stim, with rakata adrenal, +relic, +class cool downs. If this is what you are talking about, then its not really an exploit.

Either way, when an ops/scoundrel can do this 12-15k opener every tiem they engage you, whether it is 5 minutes or 30 seconds apart, then that is a clear indicator that it isn't stacking consumables, but rather constant daamge. Seeeing as consumables and abilities have cool downs.

Op that Nerf that ..

They got the numbers / data ..

they should be able to figure out what have to be done with everyclass thx to loooads of collected informations from wzones ,..,

give them time, if they balance op/scoundrels then ok if not then they are clearly as they intended them to be..

I still vote that they will balance them someway or another, and by the looks of it the high burst will probebly become a tiny bit lower but there sustained dps will be a litle bit higher so that there enemies gets a fair chance to fight back even if there trinket are on cd..

but who knows other then bioware

First off they should fix pvp with brackets and fix the "buff".

Then PvP balance:

BUT Operative/scoundrel needs a look

Ive been in cover, break the stun before the big hit. Then push back and they still can 1 hit kill. I think if you reduce the critical significantly outside of being stunned I could deal, but I don't make the rules.

I don't think there is an effective counter move I've seen to handle this move. If there was I'd be more than cool with the stealth burst damage classes.

However, right now they need someone to explain how its fun in pvp to deal with? If its making pvp people rage it probably could use someone to work on balancing.

I think brackets are the big need though. I'd like full bracketing so that you can fight on par with other levels in pvp. Not just a 50 bracket.

The only problem is that can lead to some misleading pvp statistics. If you look at some classes at 25 verses others.

Anyways. I am logging in for some playing. Just make it more fun. One hits are not fun. Cause as a sniper class I don't 1 hit anything. Even though its our motto. 1 shot 1 kill. Never does that happen....

So if you had a 1 shot class it should have been sniper.

This is a TEAM game.

The reason everyone is complaining about this class is because either people venture off by themselves and get ganked or when someone is opened on by an operative no one *helps* the victim.

When i hear those blatantly loud knifes go off I immediately target that operative and stun him before he can do more damage. I even throw in a knockback to make that operative's day even worse. This gives the victim plenty of time to run away and more time for me to heal him.

Now that this poor operative has been CC'd to uselessness he no longer can use his big opener and is now a sub-par dps. But wait! He uses his combat stealth except I just removed his stealth with stealth scan....poor poor operative.

Moral of the story: Help your teammates, stop caring about how many medals you get, and go for the win. Operatives/scoundrels are going to start complaining once people start learning how to deal with them.

You're kidding right?

Your theory works if the OPerative has no team of his own and just the fact that it requires a team to handle a single class is proof enough that the class completely dominates other classes.

Does anyone sweat it when they see Assassin/Shadow unstealth with backstab? No. Do they even worry about Assassin/Shadow killing them in 1 stun or 3 seconds? No. Assassin/Shadow is also a pure DPS class yet the burst of the class is nowhere near that of an OPerative.

Assassin/Shadow has a hell of a time beating tank class and ranged tank class. If the skill is equal then Assassin/Shadow will go down regardless if they open first or not.

Compare that to OPerative/Scoundrel that can down a tank class in the same amount of time they take to down a light armor class.

Hell, compare it to ANY class and you will realize that OPerative/Scoundrel has too high of a burst. Consumables or not the class has insane Alpha Strike capability, more than any other class in the game.

You are also assuming that OPerative/Scoundrel doesn't CC you while he finishes off your team mate. I mean seriously, get the facts straight.

I believe EVERYONE would be perfectly OK with OPerative/Scoundrel being able to take down light armor classes quickly. However, such a class should have difficulties even putting a dent into tank classes, and they should have a decent challenge beating the classes in their own category. As it stands right now, no class is exempt from OPerative/Scoundrel Alpha Strike, and that is the problem. There is no contest if they execute their Alpha Strike and it shouldn't be that way. Yes Alpha Strike should do a lot of damage but not enough damage to kill a target while they are still on the ground.

As a geared (15.5k 400 expertise) PT, they are over powered. at the end of their stun burst after ive trinked stunned and theyve trinked and ive shielded, I'm down 10k hp, everytime, there's no avoiding it, and then its 5k hp vs 15k hp, and i don't do 3 x their out of stealth dmg, no one does, they win, every time. They're broken, their burst is broken, and it's going to be nerfed. Here's how it goes with trinket up, without trinket im dead or at 90%

they jump me (5-9k), i trinket, i stun them, they trinket, they stun me, 3k, 3k I'm down 11k, a good geared one with crits can kill kill me but on average im down 9-12k and thats enough to **** me.

As a geared (15.5k 400 expertise) PT, they are over powered. at the end of their stun burst after ive trinked stunned and theyve trinked and ive shielded, I'm down 10k hp, everytime, there's no avoiding it, and then its 5k hp vs 15k hp, and i don't do 3 x their out of stealth dmg, no one does, they win, every time. They're broken, their burst is broken, and it's going to be nerfed. Here's how it goes with trinket up, without trinket im dead or at 90%

they jump me (5-9k), i trinket, i stun them, they trinket, they stun me, 3k, 3k I'm down 11k, a good geared one with crits can kill kill me but on average im down 9-12k and thats enough to **** me.

This is essentially how the fights work out for me too.

Granted, I am not talking about poorly geared or played ops, but ones that seem like they know what they are doing and are geared. I know what I am doing, and I am pretty geared, yet I stand no chance.

This is a problem.

This.

When ops can do this damage every time they open on you, and if they are opening on you every time you jump down from the spawn area in huttball, its not the consumables because they would be on cool down.

Its their base damage.

I think im just gona stop posting in balance threads and just w8 for bioware to do the right thing them self . coz in everygame there are somehow always people defending the most OP stuff.

The one thing that seems to be in every NERF op thread from lvl 50's are that they feel like they will lose or get a draw in a 1vs1 against a op if the op/scoundrel gets in his opener (and unless he is crap he will hit with it or he's choosing his fights badly) thats the flaw in the system when someone can pick almost every-fight and almost always win it.

anyway People alwayas QQ when they die and feel like they dident hade a chance to fight back , this is ok against lowbies .. but when both has the same gear.. something is wrong .

over and out