Hello, Crashing randomly.

vingmotor

Server: Darth Malgus.

Queued for PVP, got a pop, started loading Civil War/Yavin, not sure, wasn't paying too much attention. Crash to desktop while loading.

Of course, I login again, (try to) queue for PVP again, but then get hit with the 15 min lockout message.

Do you think this is a nice user experience, locking a player out for reasons outside of his/her own doing? Please tell me, why am I paying for a sub again with this kind of BS.

Get your **** together please, finally. This is infuriating.

Or alternatively like usual just remove my message, send me a warning because I hurt your feelings and keep your **** broken. I now remember again why I have a non-recurring subscription.

Had a few crashes when I clicked open legacy bank on fleet.

One crash when I was cruising on fleet (from outer rim toward the middle storage unit area).

A couple crashes when I was loading into an operation through group finder.

Witness frequent crashes from operation group members when loading into an operation, both through group finder and walk-in. Crashes were reported to the group by the group member who recovered and re-entered the operation.

As posted in another thread, I've been crashing more often too. Everything is fine on my end. My friend ranted to me about how often he crashed. Most common crashes are loading screens and going to fleet, but we've been having them in the middle of swooping, and sometimes randomly just running around.

From the past week of swooping alone we've counted approx 10+ crashes for both me & my friend. I think it's both caused by loading player models and loading UIs.

Did the team made any stealth changes in the last patch to adress the crashes? If not, i don't understand why you reference to the last maintenance.

Anyway, i will update this thread if any crashes are still occuring. The latest dump file is from Juni 6th, so no crash since then on my side.

Edited by Oeconomicus

Hello everyone,

Still keeping an eye on this thread. If you are still experiencing this issue after the maintenance update that went out yesterday, please update this thread.

Thanks!

I haven't had any crashes since, but almost all my crashes were happening around the Swoop Racing areas. I won't know until that event comes around again.

Been crashing randomly at least once a day since last update. I play the game through Steam (if that helps). Server is Star Forge. Most crashes cause my PC to restart. Last crash took place in Voidstar warzone. Edited by chaharbagh
Update

Been crashing randomly at least once a day since last update. I play the game through Steam (if that helps). Server is Star Forge. Most crashes cause my PC to restart. Last crash took place in Voidstar warzone.

Just a Game Crash should not cause your system to restart , i would look for additional causes like heat or voltage issue etc

Also having random crashes usually when zoning into a new area, happened at the republic fleet, boarding my ship from corusant, and entering Nar Shaddar, the game freezes for a second then exits to desktop with no error messages.

I have a pretty powerful pc (i7 12700KF, RTX 3070, 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, 1TB NVME drive, 2TB SATA SSD), and the drivers and windows 11 are fully up to date, also tried a game file integrity check from steam and still having the same issue. It is also a clean install as this is a new computer.

Im completely flummoxed and i think this is an issue with the game since a lot of other people are reporting issues and not my pc as other games work fine and i hope they can sort it out soon.

Edited by Megatonberry

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

For those who are still reporting crashing issues, please follow the steps listed below:

Hi folks,

Thank you all for the additional information. We're still investigating this bug.

The team is also asking if the following files can be submitted by those who are experiencing this issue: CRASH.dmp and CRASH.json from this file:

• C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\SWTOR\CrashDump\swtor

To send those files, attach them to an email to support@swtor.com with the subject: crash to desktop issue.

Thank you for your patience while we investigate this issue.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

The team's investigating this issue, but we could use some additional info from the reports that have been coming in. If you were impacted by this issue, please tell us what you were doing at the time the crash happened. Ideally, we would like detailed steps that could help us reproduce your experience.

In addition to that info, we will need server name, time in which the crash happened, in-game location, etc...

Can you tell us what sever this happened on?

Thanks!

multiple times a day now. Last three times I was driving around belmora fighting yard trash when I would crash

• 3 weeks later...
I have been having this issue for a while now. It just randomly crashes to the server select screen. I was in NiM Nefra today and it crashed while i was building the group on fleet like 2-3 times, and in the op it kept on crashing back to back to back until they finished it without me. I sent the email to support like you said. I am beyond tired of this crap. It's not my internet and my drivers are current. The game launches fine. But I need to be able to play without getting kicked to server select screen.

I have been having this issue for a while now. It just randomly crashes to the server select screen. I was in NiM Nefra today and it crashed while i was building the group on fleet like 2-3 times, and in the op it kept on crashing back to back to back until they finished it without me. I sent the email to support like you said. I am beyond tired of this crap. It's not my internet and my drivers are current. The game launches fine. But I need to be able to play without getting kicked to server select screen.

The issues in this thread is focused on Crash-To-Desktop of the game client, closing it completely. Your Issue seems different from that, since your client is still active, getting kicked from server. Looks more like a connection issue.

The random CTD are gone on my end, after that maintenance day. Jackie did not explain what was changed on their end. I guess the issues was caused by the communication settings (backend) between server and game client.