Enough with the insane slows/roots and extreme mobility. Enough is Enough.

septru

the only class i notice that has any desync issues is scoundrels and operatives, and only on quesh ball...if you are having desync issues with predation or hydraulic s, you need to upgrade to at least a computer made in the last five years...i dont have any lag and i run at full max settings shadows included because why the eff not...this game is 10+yrs old, it is nowhere near as graphics intensive as it used to be. if you want balance and a change of playstyle that is fine, but dont hide it behind desync.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The primary jugg gap closer is force leap. Force leap has a 15 sec cooldown. With the the first tier utility (Warmonger) you can reduce the CD on force leap to about 5 seconds. If you are playing vengence, everytime you jump you get a 20% movement speed increase, 20% DR, and 3 second immunity to roots, slows, and hardstuns. Add that to enrage movement speed, jump resest with force push, and a 30 meter root from vicious slow and juggs have an awesome mobility kit to help kite.

Mad dash is the mobility ability and force leap is the gap closer. I'm all for making roll into a gab closer like force leap. This would make them comparable. Make it so that roll has to go to a target and so is a gap closer just like

force leap instead of being like mad dash which is a mobility ability. Anyone else have a good idea on how to nerf operative to bring them down to everyone elses level? I like septru's suggestion of making roll into a gap closer to a target just like force leap but we can have other ideas too so keep them flowing.

I recommend you practice all of these tools. As a jugg, you can easily reach a second, third, and even fourth ED with a healer, tank, or any other form of peels as long as you are using your mobility to kite. I am no expert, but if you need more help with mobility on jugg feel free to reach out to me or look at these helpful guides for beginners::

Thanks for the suggestions on kiting but as a jug, my mobility ability, mad dash, is on a 45 second cooldown

so unlike operative roll, its on a long cooldown and so you become an expert kiter, side straffer and circle straffer when you play a jug, which you dont need to do as an operative so their skills will be subpar with movement since

they rely on the low cooldown mobility ability roll.

You missed a whole lot in that quote bud. Here, let me help you out and quote my whole comment.

Next time, maybe try not selectively selectively pick and choose the words in a quote. You might make a whole lot more sense and earn yourself some credibility, instead of essentially lying to make a self serving point.

Mad dash is the mobility ability and force leap is the gap closer. I'm all for making roll into a gab closer like force leap. This would make them comparable. Make it so that roll has to go to a target and so is a gap closer just like

force leap instead of being like mad dash which is a mobility ability. Anyone else have a good idea on how to nerf operative to bring them down to everyone elses level? I like septru's suggestion of making roll into a gap closer to a target just like force leap but we can have other ideas too so keep them flowing.

Thanks for the suggestions on kiting but as a jug, my mobility ability, mad dash, is on a 45 second cooldown

so unlike operative roll, its on a long cooldown and so you become an expert kiter, side straffer and circle straffer when you play a jug, which you dont need to do as an operative so their skills will be subpar with movement since

they rely on the low cooldown mobility ability roll.

If you're really concerned for my movement skills we can have fun demonstration to put your mind at rest, I'm willing to meet you anytime to show my movement skills where I'll circle strafe you and you can circle strafe myself and we'll see who looks more clunky.

Can we keep the ideas flowing on how to nerf operative mobility. Septru's suggestion of making it a gap closer like force leap where you have to have a target to roll to is a good one but I'm sure we can come up with other good ones as well.

Edited by eiekal

the only class i notice that has any desync issues is scoundrels and operatives, and only on quesh ball...if you are having desync issues with predation or hydraulic s, you need to upgrade to at least a computer made in the last five years...i dont have any lag and i run at full max settings shadows included because why the eff not...this game is 10+yrs old, it is nowhere near as graphics intensive as it used to be. if you want balance and a change of playstyle that is fine, but dont hide it behind desync.

I see this issue in EVERY HB, EVERY DAY and it has nothing to do with the PC, just like lag not caused by PC.

so I don't know what are you talking about here. Pls explain it to me how desync and lag caused by my PC.

Pls explain it to me how desync and lag caused by my PC.

It’s not. Although it can amplify it if you have a slow system or excessive network ping or packet loss.

The desync is built into the game at this point. Only bioware can fix it.

You can have the best configured and fastest PC and live next door to the servers and you will still experience some desync, but probably much less than say someone living in Australia (like me).

Everyone has desync, some of us have it worse based on distance, network quality or older systems. But most modern PCs have sufficient RAM, fast CPUs and good graphics cards that are overkill for a game like swtor. But they still get desync because there is a fundament problem in the engine and coding.

I can’t even remember really seeing any desync in the game before 3.0 except for Operatives rolling off the platforms in original Hutt ball. Now you can sometimes see desync when operatives roll across flat ground and not even off or up or down a platform and not just in HB.

And since 4.x, the desync has gradually gotten worse with every patch till we are at the stage where most classes with a speed ability / utility or gap closing ability can cause desync. And because operative roll has always caused desync, it is the worst offender and stands out the most.

With all the mobility and speed abilities added to the game for “every class” now. The poor old Frankenstein hero engine can’t cope. Add the multitude of different armor set abilities and introduction of tacticals and and extra visual affects that engine now has to deal with and I’m surprised it hasn’t permanently broken the game.

You can really see the effects of these new armor set / tacticals / abilities when you compare the games performance in lowbie pvp vs lvl 75 pvp. Lowbies runs so much smoother in FPS and also less desync. And the lower the player Lvls, the better the game performs because there are less speed, mobility, gap closing utilities to tax the hero engine.

Of course, there are still problems in all Hutt ball maps regardless of lvl, it’s unfortunate because I love Hutt ball. But it’s so bad that Bioware should consider retiring HB from the roster if they can’t fix the dysnc issues (which I don’t think they can or they would have by now).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Septru's suggestion of making it a gap closer like force leap where you have to have a target to roll to is a good one but I'm sure we can come up with other good ones as well.

I never said that.

Enough is enough! This is getting ridiculous.

Bioware has been buffing mobility since 3.0. Snipers have gotten roll, holotraverse, countermeasures speed, entrench speed. Mara predation was buffed from 25% to 50%. Pt's hydrolics got buffed. Lightning sorc's force speed CD was reduced, every heal now gives them increased speed, certain abilities give them increased speed..... holotraverse...

To fix this Bioware is now buffing the amount of slows and roots in the game. Pts got a 90% slow on shatterslug. Sorcs slow and root you to 90% every time they cast chain lighting. They even created tacticals that spread slow and give two charges to slows.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

The game can't handle all this movement change. Every time a mara predations my FPS drops 20 frames, and everyone starts dsyncing. Every time a sorc chain lightnings he disappears. Every time an operative rolls he dsyncs.

You buffed movement too much. You can not fix that by implementing more slows, like you have done. Instead just nerf the movement abilities or take them out of the game. As an operative I am either eternally rooted, eternally slowed, or rolling. As a PT if I am not moving with speed hacks on (hyrdolic overirdes), I am moving at 20% speed. I am either all over my target, or no where near my target. There is no in between anymore. THIS IS DUMB. ITS MAKING THE GAME UNPLAYABLE. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I agree. I do find the snares/roots in game now are acceptable, except operatives, (i dont know and cant speak for what is on the PTS, but it sounds broken) but the massive increase to movement speed across multiple classes needs to be taken away.

Some of it doesnt even make sense when compared. Like sorcs getting several movement speed increases through skills and utilities so they can kite better, but then melee get things like 2 force leaps on mara. Like what is trying to be accomplished by these kinds of additions.

Edited by SOULCASTER

• 8 months later...
And here we go...I made a post about this ,weeks ago and was told to learn the game and get good by ppl that dont even know me lol. But it's good to see more ppl agree with me on this subject.

Completly agree with prum OP !

They literally just took half of the CC out of the game....If you're still complaining about it then it is a you problem.

They literally just took half of the CC out of the game....If you're still complaining about it then it is a you problem.

No. He's not wrong. CC was never the problem. Most classes have multiple "oh sheiet" abilities anyways to deal with CC.

The problem as I described in 6.0 is the insane extremes of mobility. You are either moving at 20% speed or 200% speed, but there is rarely an in-between. You are either all over your target, or no where near your target.

Now in 7.0 they made the problem worse. They didn't nerf any of the high mobility abilities. Marauders still have 75% predation. Powertechs can still spec into 75% hydrolics, Sorcs still have practically a 10second emersion force speed. gosh darn sniper still is the fastest class in the game. But they removed a lot of the root breakers like countermeasures on operative, 25% hydros on merc... So now the problem is exacerbated. You really are all over your target, or no where near your target. And there is no in between.

The worst part is that 7.0 could have been so good. Pruning in theory could have fixed everything. BioWare could have nerfed the amount of roots/slows. BioWare could have nerfed the amount of extreme mobility abilities like predation, hydros, force speed CD. BioWare could have fixed pvp in this game in 5 seconds if they just pruned the right things and made the right things choices. As you note:

They literally just took half of the CC out of the game

That was a good first step, but if you prune half the CC in the game you also need to prune all of the "oh sheiet" abilities as well.

I'm considering writing a new thread to hopefully get Jackie's attention. Because this is probably the saddest part of 7.0.

Edited by septru

They did prune them....You have to choose between defense, mobility or cc now. The problem in 6.0 was all the passives tied into a lot of the abilities, not the core abilities themselves......I'm sorry, but this is a you problem at this point. PvP has been the worst its ever been thanks to all this pruning, but of course someone like you who win trades in ranked doesn't exactly know how to play to begin with so this thread should be taken with a grain of salt. Edited by Raansu