July 21st Livestream Recap

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

For those of you unable to watch the livestream today, here is a bulleted list of everything the team discussed. If you would like to watch the VOD, you can do so here.

• SWTOR is now on Steam! A full breakdown of everything related to that can be found in the article we published today.
  • Brief re-cap of 2020 so far (Alderaan Stronghold, Conquest, Swoop Rally etc.)
  • Things to come in 2020:

• 6.1.2d will kick off the start of PvP Season 13.
    • 6.1.3 - Phase 2 of Steam.
    • 6.1.4 - New seasonal event called Feast of Prosperity
    • 6.2 - Holidays this year. We had initially wanted to get 6.2 out at the end of the summer, but the team decided that in order to deliver the true vision we want players to experience, releasing it around the holidays would be best.

Game Update 6.1.2d

• We are going to start showing the rewards at the beginning of the Season.
  • Team’s goal is to make Group/Solo Ranked more rewarding than it currently is and drive better play in Unranked.

Game Update 6.1.3

• Steam Achievements
  • Next round of Gameplay and Content Updates

6.1.4 - Feast of Prosperity

• New recurring seasonal event for Fall
  • Multi-week duration
  • Feast-themes minigame Missions (non-combat) for the Hutts
  • Group to defeat World Bosses for rare ingredients
  • Repeatable Daily and Weekly Missions
  • Earn Reputation to unlock special Feast of Prosperity rewards
  • Complete Achievements for Titles and prestige
  • New Reputation-gated Story Missions

6.2 - Echoes of Vengeance

• Two story updates in one!
  • Continuation of Kira/Scourge/Satele storyline
    • Locate the missing ship and uncover the truth of its disappearance

[*]New Flashpoint

• Face new enemies and old as conflict erupts among the Mandalorians.

[*]Showed off a few screenshots/concept for the new story content.

Gameplay and Content Updates

• Conquests
    • Fine tuning to make the system work better.

[*]PvP Rewards

• Releasing Replica rewards at an increased rate. First pieces will come mid-Season 13. Legacy tokens
    • Committed to fixing Desync.

[*]Crafting

• Changes coming later this year.

[*]World Design

• Going back to refresh older planets/pieces of content to make the gameplay feel better.

Amplifiers

• In an upcoming update there will be a quality of life update, reducing RNG and addressing feedback we’ve received.

What’s Next?

• Next stream planned in late Summer.
  • “Cantina” stream in October (tentative)
  • Look for regular updates on the Forums on upcoming Gameplay and Content updates.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H

•  

•  

Cool, i & many others have been asking for many more non-combat type missions since beta, (why do Jedi, guardians of PEACE & Justice throughout the Galaxy, always have 100's of "KILL KILL KILL ____'s of _____'s" missions over & over again?!?! lol jeez ) so this is very nice to see.

Now then, about those GSF pve quests...? :D

Edited by Nee-Elder

Hey everyone!

For those of you unable to watch the livestream today, here is a bulleted list of everything the team discussed. If you would like to watch the VOD, you can do so here.

• SWTOR is now on Steam! A full breakdown of everything related to that can be found in the article we published today.
  • Brief re-cap of 2020 so far (Alderaan Stronghold, Conquest, Swoop Rally etc.)

• 6.1.2d will kick off the start of PvP Season 13.
    • 6.1.3 - Phase 2 of Steam.
    • 6.1.4 - New seasonal event called Feast of Prosperity
    • 6.2 - Holidays this year. We had initially wanted to get 6.2 out at the end of the summer, but the team decided that in order to deliver the true vision we want players to experience, releasing it around the holidays would be best.

Seeing that Onslaught was released in October of 2019 and it looks like there will not be any new story content, ops, or flashpoint within the next six months. Says that in 6.2 new story what about new ops and such?

Edited by Phill

6.2 delayed to the holidays? lol I'll be playing the new WoW expansion by then. Good ole swtor and their yearly content releases with probably only 30 minutes of story. Edited by Raansu

• New recurring seasonal event for Fall
  • Multi-week duration
  • Group to defeat World Bosses for rare ingredients
  • Repeatable Daily and Weekly Missions
  • Earn Reputation to unlock special Feast of Prosperity rewards
  • Complete Achievements for Titles and prestige
  • New Reputation-gated Story Missions

This sounds interesting but I am a bit worried about "Group to defeat World Bosses for rare ingredients".

Are these out in the wild world bosses or instanced (Ops) world bosses?

Are these rare ingredients going to be bound?

Able to be sold?

Are these guaranteed drop for party members?

What are these rare ingredients used for?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Err... non-USA, non-English player here. Can someone please explain to me what "Holidays" he even means? New Year and Christmas?

I'm here for this. I'm a Brit and holiday means going on holiday here (vacation in the US). I'm assuming by "Holidays" they mean Christmas and New Year. Regardless of the word meaning what it actually means is no new story until December (I assume 2020) at the earliest (because it's bound to be delayed for "reasons"), however with the Covid interruptions, it's not a surprise.

Err... non-USA, non-English player here. Can someone please explain to me what "Holidays" he even means? New Year and Christmas?

Likely around Christmas like all of their other major updates where they drop an update and then disappear for vacation for a month.

Oh yes! Finnaly ^^

Basically a non-religious way of saying Christmas, usually used in the USA. For everyone else holidays usally means Summer as this is when most people take their holidays because the weather is supposed to be decent. But yeah Christmas....so have your excuses ready as to why you are playing a computer game instead of entertaining your in laws!!

Hope this helps.

That's fine, except that the forums clearly indicate that some players still think it's broken, and some even think that the only way to fix it is to go back to the pre-6.1.1 version (ick).

unfortunately if they do that, a lot of people will cut back or stop CQ.

I'm here for this. I'm a Brit and holiday means going on holiday here (vacation in the US). I'm assuming by "Holidays" they mean Christmas and New Year. Regardless of the word meaning what it actually means is no new story until December (I assume 2020) at the earliest (because it's bound to be delayed for "reasons"), however with the Covid interruptions, it's not a surprise.

The "feast of prosperity " ... could possibly be referring to a time here in the US as " Thanksgiving" as well. Just a thought.

Edited by OlBuzzard

unfortunately if they do that, a lot of people will cut back or stop CQ.

agreed !!

And I'm one of them.

I haven't done that much the last week or so due to illness (nothing serious ... just stuff )

But I can tell you for a fact that this is correct !

This sounds interesting but I am a bit worried about "Group to defeat World Bosses for rare ingredients".

Able to be sold?

Yeah, yeah, that's very important! I certainly don't be locked out from solo quests because I don't do group content.

Hope we'll be able to buy that.

Able to be sold?

Great questions! Well, if they work like (Mission) tab items ... think the Alliance Recruitment for Qyzen Fess ... then I suspect they won't be tradeable. In the Qyzen Fess recruitment example, these items dropped only for players, in the group, who were on the recruitment mission, but there was always one that dropped for each player actually on the mission, so no need for RNG to get involved.

Alternatively, they could work like the BoP Exotic Plague Specimens from the world bosses for the Rakghoul event, or the unbound Barnacles of the Eyeless and Symbiotic Fungal Blooms.

In general, I guess I'd rather see the first option than the other two, if only one option is possible, so players don't have to compete for the drops. I can appreciate that solo-exclusive, non-guilded players might be missing out on that content as a consequence, but I am really excited to see a seasonal event have some group content. I concede it would be nice if solo-exclusive non guilded players would be able to buy the items off the GTN to finish the quest, but then the items would have to be like the personal loot drops of FP and OPS bosses so that every player in the world boss group was guaranteed some. I don't think more RNG is good for anyone, group or solo.

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to revisit world boss and DvL victory state world boss respawn timers and bring them down to the durations of the Rakghoul event and Ossus ones! Maybe even integrate them into Activity Finder.

You had me at SWTOR is now on steam.

I don't get it? Yes I know what Steam is and I have had an account myself for years, but I don't purchase anything on it and barely use it. It always just seems like a glorified mega-launcher for lots of games to me, plus a storefront for games long relegated to the discount bin at Wal-Mart, a flea market, or a garage sale. I only have it to launch SWG Legends, tbh.

Not to be the world's biggest party pooper ever, but there aren't many details here.

You're on steam now. Great. It would be nice if you would have fixed the bitraider launcher while you were at it.

6.2 delayed until the holidays, fine. I get the pandemic affects us all.

PvP updates: I saw the thread over in the PvP section. I'm grateful for the "consideration" on being able to choose matches. I also think your lockout shouldn't be implemented until thats a thing, and that you should account for situations like backfilling into a obviously skewed match (i.e. alderaan triple cap). Fixing desync? I'll believe it when I see it. 2012 called and wants its problem back. Oh wait, it never left!

"Next round of gameplay and content updates" is incredibly vague. Any idea what sort of "gameplay or content" you're updating?

Another event. Wonderful. I really couldn't care less, unless you gate story content behind it or make exclusive endgame items unobtainable any other way. Any chance we'll ever see a real level 75 endgame?

I am happy to see you mention crafting changes and reducing rng on amplifiers (that are still conceptually stupid, by the way). On conquest my only comment is that I like that there are so many more objectives. The only thing i would like is for group content to be counted for more.

That leads me to my biggest, lingering pet peeve and reason I haven't been actively playing for a short while now. The state of level 75 endgame. There is little motivation to run ops (they dont count for much compared to easier, less coordination required content, gearing is faster in FP, etc).

To fix this i would like to see two things.

1. Easier thing: make the 1 boss ops their own category. This enables you to have 2 objectives for sm ops. Additionally, this makes group forming for the 8 man op easier and you can make it provide more of a reward than, say, TC. If im going to organize a group practically guaranteed to include idiots that can't follow simple instructions like "stay only on green squares", i should get something for my dedication.

2. My biggest pet peeve and the reason I havent been active in game for a bit. The current status of endgame. You raised the level cap, but not the cap of operations. For example, EV. It should either be a level 50 op that is not considered endgame content, or it should be scaled to 75 and counted as endgame content. Your "its too hard to make it 75 but we need something to call an endgame" is, to be frank, pathetic. If you can make an entirely new op in 3 difficulty modes that maybe 5% of players are partaking in, i fail to see why you couldn't rescale everything else.

The alternative option is to release new content that is "real" level 75 for casual endgame players. I.e. a new op that has mechanics more like ev/kp/ec/tos/df/dp/etc than like Gods or dxun which I will never attempt to take a random pug into. I can explain minefields and trials in chat, and if one random idiot doesn't understand "stay out of the giant red thing", i can probably finish without him. Gods and dxun are too long, and for the average pug, too mechanically complicated.

And top it all off with the fact that nothing except dxun is actually level 75, and yet, I'm expected to have level 75 gear to do them!

The level of idiocy in this decision was, and remains, absolutely mind boggling and pathetic.

Edited by KendraP