2020 Greetings from Keith!

KeithKanneg

Many players are concerned since they feeling lack of content to play. And this lacking comes from unfair rewarding system where there are no mats or other carrots for doing team ranked, solo ranked, NiM ops etc while flash points (specifically hummer station or redreaper) granting fast gearing progression. Returning back to mats/fast gearing progression for running end game content could help players to vary the content they play.

Not really. For those that like that type then yea, but for those that hate pvp and operations nothing will get them to run that content. I know for a fact there is nothing at all that will ever get me to pvp, no matter the reward. I hate pvp that much.

Even my boyfriend can't get me to do pvp. If he can't do there is no chance any rewards will get me to do pvp.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks!

Thought I’d hop in and add a bit about the story elements in our upcoming releases. I’ll spoiler tag anything that I think might be too specific, but if you want to know absolutely nothing, maybe just skip this post entirely :)

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

The update will also include a few other small scenes, including:

• A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)
  • Troopers will have a 1-on-1 with Elara Dorne
  • Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector
  • And lastly…
    characters on each side will get small hints at what’s going on with Darth Malgus from two different perspectives

As Keith mentioned, 6.1 will be followed by 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. After that, our next story beat will come in Game Update 6.2: The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens*. Since it’s still in the works and a bit further out, I won’t go into nearly as much detail, and I’m going to put just about everything in spoiler tags just in case. But the TL;DR is that 6.2 will deal directly with the situation Kira and Scourge bring to light at the end of Onslaught.

*Definitely the final, confirmed update name.

Specifically, 6.2 will deal with Satele Shan, her followers, and whatever is up with Tenebrae’s last weapon/ritual/nefarious plan…

• Just to get it out of the way: no, Valkorion isn’t becoming the main villain of the game again.
  • That said, I am hoping to include several faces we haven’t seen in a while.
  • While the story of this update was introduced as an epilogue to Onslaught, I actually view it as more of an epilogue to Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • I have actually seen at least one person on the internet guess a few of the crazier details, so enjoy debating who’s on the right track :)
  • Seriously, it’s gonna get weird, so buckle up!

Beyond that, in addition to the content, features, and quality-of-life improvements Keith mentioned that we’re looking to add past 6.1.2 and 6.2, you can expect the storyline that started with Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught to continue through our updates the rest of this year and beyond. After all, we’re in our ninth year, and our tenth anniversary is just around the corner--a very exciting time for SWTOR to be sure!

:mon_cool:

Thanks for checking back. This is exactly the type of nebulous roadmap we were looking for. Not too specific, but at least we have a general idea of something to look forward to. Thanks for this.

Oh so let's scrap the old post, say the same thing in fewer words, and then have Mr. Boyd comment on story while addressing no other issues despite the time originally spent discussing "quality of life" issues.

I'm so much happier now! /sarcasm

Seriously if this is "all they can reveal" why am I still giving them my money.

Edited by KendraP

Oh so let's scrap the old post, say the same thing in fewer words, and then have Mr. Boyd comment on story while addressing no other issues despite the time originally spent discussing "quality of life" issues.

Exactly, Keith's second post says nothing more than his first, but just uses less words to say next to nothing.

How is it the Lead Producer can make two posts that essentially between them say NOTHING CONCRETE AT ALL as his first two posts of the New Year; but seeming has no interest in commenting on what has been the single biggest issue since the last content drop - the disastrous state of T11 Crafting?

It is almost like Keith has buried his head in the sand on that issue and is simply hoping if he ignores it for long enough it will go away - which is pretty much par for the course with this game.

I genuinely thought it would be impossible for Keith to be less useful to the community than the last Lead producer - but once again Bioware Austin prove there is no barrel they won't dig the bottom out of to sink to new lows.

All The Best

Hey folks!

Thought I’d hop in and add a bit about the story elements in our upcoming releases. I’ll spoiler tag anything that I think might be too specific, but if you want to know absolutely nothing, maybe just skip this post entirely :)

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

• A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)
  • And lastly…
    characters on each side will get small hints at what’s going on with Darth Malgus from two different perspectives

As Keith mentioned, 6.1 will be followed by 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. After that, our next story beat will come in Game Update 6.2: The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens*. Since it’s still in the works and a bit further out, I won’t go into nearly as much detail, and I’m going to put just about everything in spoiler tags just in case. But the TL;DR is that 6.2 will deal directly with the situation Kira and Scourge bring to light at the end of Onslaught.

Specifically, 6.2 will deal with Satele Shan, her followers, and whatever is up with Tenebrae’s last weapon/ritual/nefarious plan…

• Just to get it out of the way: no, Valkorion isn’t becoming the main villain of the game again.
  • While the story of this update was introduced as an epilogue to Onslaught, I actually view it as more of an epilogue to Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • I have actually seen at least one person on the internet guess a few of the crazier details, so enjoy debating who’s on the right track :)

Beyond that, in addition to the content, features, and quality-of-life improvements Keith mentioned that we’re looking to add past 6.1.2 and 6.2, you can expect the storyline that started with Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught to continue through our updates the rest of this year and beyond. After all, we’re in our ninth year, and our tenth anniversary is just around the corner--a very exciting time for SWTOR to be sure!

Looks good.

Hey folks!

• And lastly…

So when are we expecting game update 6.2 and how long will the story be in comparison to other stories?

If it wasn't for the replayablity of stories, I'd have long since abandoned this game. There's plenty of "better" out there and the only thing really keeping this game going is that it's Star Wars.

And true to form, the "Community Manager" only responded to the Yes Men; and deliberately ignored everyone else. By now, we've learned not to take seriously what we're being spoon fed, as what we end up with is never close to what we're promised. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that some of the Yes Men, particularly the ones that get responses are, in fact, corporate accounts made to justify the continuation of an agenda that the majority (of those who care enough about the game to even come here and provide feedback) feel and/or have demonstrated that the current course of action is reprehensible.

No. :( I'm actually a bit sad to hear that, as a fan of the character and someone who's main is a warrior and just loved that storyline and the Eternal expansions. Still, I hope it's a good conclusion.

Edited by ruffolofi

WOOHOO!!**

I stopped progressing my dark side agent because of the lack of any Vector interaction from KotFE onwards. I hope this "1-on-1" will be worth trudging through all remaining story with her. I ran all the story with my light side Agent who was not impressed with Vector's short return story :p

**I'm hoping it's "woohoo" and fraps worthy!

Edited by Sarova

WOOHOO!!**

I stopped progressing my dark side agent because of the lack of any Vector interaction from KotFE onwards. I hope this "1-on-1" will be worth trudging through all remaining story with her. I ran all the story with my light side Agent who was not impressed with Vector's short return story :p

**I'm hoping it's "woohoo" and fraps worthy!

I'm going to bet that not one of these 1-on-1 moments last any longer that 2 minutes.

All The Best

*snip*

Thanks for the update Charles! I really appreciate knowing we'll get to see a little more of some of our old companions. I'm starting to grow fond of Anri, Tau and Arn, but I do miss the interactions with that core group that started this game for me. 6.1 sounds interesting, and you've got me really curious about 6.2 now. Hope I can keep my impatience in check until it gets here.

Edited by Paziqi

And true to form, the "Community Manager" only responded to the Yes Men; and deliberately ignored everyone else. .

I must admit, while it's nice to see a bit more posts communication from them, i am slightly frustrated by the fact that (so far) no one from BioWare has responded to any of the more "critical" posts. (including mine)

There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism from longtime subscribers and ambitious suggestions from devoted SW fans like myself who merely want this 9 year old game----still with so much untapped potential---to get BETTER.

Yet all we seem to hear is either *static* , standard talking points., or now today STORY SPOILERS (ugh, really?! That's your solution?! To spoil the very thing this game was founded upon: Story, aka the "4th pillar" . Remember?! Tag clicky or not, u guys should know the spoilers about story will get out and ruin most of the MYSTERY. :( )

It's disappointing, yet still i remain subbed (as always) . And maybe that's what BioWare is counting on. I dunno. :cool:

---------

Compliment that Tauntaun looks really good.

Normally i don't like just another typical re-skin , but i agree this one is pretty neat. (and much better than standard mini-pet ,which is what i thought it was gonna be since his earlier post didn't specify)

I'll still never use it though, cuz i already have more than enough favorites mounts, but i agree it's a job well done (by the Art Department or whomever) .

Edited by Nee-Elder

[*]Tomorrow! – The Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will kick off of as a “February” sub-reward. Be a subscriber at any time before Feb 29, starting tomorrow, and you will have the Tauntaun waiting for you in your in-game inbox.

-Keith----------

Compliment that Tauntaun looks really good. :)

Im still angry about Sgt Jaxo myself... :)

It is time for you to let her go. :p

I genuinely thought it would be impossible for Keith to be less useful to the community than the last Lead producer - but once again Bioware Austin prove there is no barrel they won't dig the bottom out of to sink to new lows.

I've written it before, pretty much since his day one, and I write it again:

Let me quote Sheldon Cooper for you: "Oh, I so informed you thusly!" :D

I never considered the predecessor as bad as his reputation was. Slowly, others realise this as well. I wished he would have gotten the chance to go through with his vision. At least for me, it would have been much better than the current state.

So when are we expecting game update 6.2 and how long will the story be in comparison to other stories?

Yes, please: WHEN? Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter 2020?

@CharlesBoyd: I generally like your writing style and your way of presenting things (e.g. here). It could be considered a positive example by everyone at BW.

*snip*

Nice to see some info.

I do have one little question though, nothing exactly big or world-changing, but something I felt you guys kind of forgot. You teased Commodore Pardax in Hearts and Minds, but she still hasn't replaced Admiral Aygo for Imperial players yet. Are we going to get a formal introduction to her soon, or does Aygo's retirement plan leave him with some months before contract termination?

Also, I do hope the check-in with Kira will mean more romance stuff.

Edited by BenKatarn

• 2020 – The team is working on a lot of exciting things for this year. We will really have a big focus on quality of life, updated stories, PvP improvements and much, much more.

Thanks for the update Keith, are the games numerous bugs (both old and new) going to be looked at over the course of this year as part of the quality of life focus? It would be a nice pace change purely to have most of these quashed if at all possible, to help improve the game for both old and new players alike.

• A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2

Will the Scourge romance bug be fixed by then? Actually, will it be fixed by 6.1 instead? That'd be good.

I am excited to see this! Class companion interactions have been neglected, so a move in this direction is very welcome. The last two classes I replayed were trooper and agent, coincidentally, so these are very on-point for me. Looking forward to these 1-on-1 scenes and hopeful for more in the future. :)

Felix Iresso next or soon, please. Would be good to see how his readjustment to "normal life" is going. Also, I know another trooper companion isn't likely immediately, but it'd be great to hear from Aric Jorgan before much longer too. On balance, though, I favour companions who got the brief two-or-three minutes non-chapter (and thus non-repeatable) returns getting a bit more focus. Jorgan doesn't fit into that category, but he's one of my favorite companions, so I can't help but advocate for him regardless. :D Also when choosing who to focus on next, I think companions with issues that maybe weren't fully explored in their short return scenes would be good. For instance, what happened with Risha during the timeskip was huge, but she barely discusses it in her return. Maybe she simply doesn't want to talk about it... but then one would wonder if the experience completely turned her off anything political, what direction she wants to move in now, etc.

If I find myself more often advocating for Republic companions, it's because they more often received the brief returns, and thus are more in need to content to rebalance the situation. But I expect you will probably want to do one Republic and one Imperial companion per iteration of this kind of content. That's not the end of the world. There are lots of great class companions on both sides.

Anyway, to sum up... as you can see from my wordy burbling... this is exactly the sort of content I want to see more. I'm delighted you're moving in this direction. :o

Thanks for the update Keith, are the games numerous bugs (both old and new) going to be looked at over the course of this year as part of the quality of life focus? It would be a nice pace change purely to have most of these quashed if at all possible, to help improve the game for both old and new players alike.

Agreed and you said it far more succinctly & diplomatically than me lol

----

... this is exactly the sort of content I want to see more. I'm delighted you're moving in this direction.

Trust me, so am i ... my other post was just me hating against the very notion of story spoilers (tag or not) being the only significant details we got. (so far)

Nuance can be tricky to deliver---and digest---nowadays. :D

Edited by Nee-Elder
one word important

yeah sure... Hoth cause it'll be a cold day....

It was a joke.

umm HOTH = my favorite planet and i've been wanting a SH something there forever!

And yes i'm being serious....and yes that probably explains a lot about me, eh? :D

( *coughs* The Empire Strikes Back is still the best ever )