Please FIX CAM!!!!!!!11111

HottesIce

Edit2020-3 : Now with video

Edit2020-2 : For new readers Please read Page 2, Post#14 for the ongoing occasional camera bug

Edit 2020-1 Info: The free cams option exist now, however the bug "accidentaly camera turn" still exists, I notice this in each game session since I recently installed this game, again, ofc. all new hardware]

Original thread from 2011: (title, too)

:mad: Following Issues need to be fixed because they're annoying as hell:

-Please give the options for free cams!

-Please give the options for instant-zooms (not this smooth slow-zoom, that reacts 1 second after you scroll)

-Please fix the accidentaly camera turn-arounds when you are walking by any high objects or walls, sometimes I look into the air without moving my mouse or hardly at all.

(fix the bird-perspective-bug, where I look from god's perspetive because the camera level is another than my character's one)

All these problems matter in PvP!! While I can live with them while Questing (because it's often not difficult and doesn't require kiting, and happens only scarcely).

Edited by HottesIce

I was having camera problems until I turned off this one option in the camera settings. I'm working right now so I don't have the client available, but it's just one little toggle and my problems of seeing through the world randomly went away.

• 2 weeks later...
Many people begged to have a toggle for this "smart cam" nightmare so it can be turned off during beta, yet it persists. I really love this game, but I hate the smart cam. Just replying to assure you that you aren't alone.

i just wanted to quot u on this as well i dont like the way the camera is i just wish there were more camera options as well.What a fantastic job on the game though exceptional job just fix camera .

• 8 years later...

-- I come back after some inactivity -- regarding to the bug report in this thread, while the free view is available now --

Hi, Unfortunately I noticed after all this time - 8-9 years since this post , the camera turn bug is not fixed !?

This is about an Occasional but persisting bug:

General: Still in 2020:

- My camera sometimes jumps slightly by several degrees (sometimes more than slightly...)

- So sometimes it can happen you suddenly look into the air or another direction... most often just slightly.

Detail:

- when using mouse-camera-view: right button to look around, and also when I used the left button to look around

- happens when walking and standing still, no difference, from my recent experiences.

- difficult to determine what causes it.. there were not obstacles each time, so they don't cause it, etc.

looking around shouldn't make more than you tell to...

I know some/many people don't use the mouse-camera-view but others do...

So.. yea would be cool if maybe in the next year or two a dev read this.

Note: This is the same after several years: New Hardware, new everything. Other games work fine!

Thanks

Edited by HottesIce

• 2 months later...

Little Update - Now with Video Reproducing it.

3 minutes length, there is exact 2 timers in the description:

--- Camera Bug in Star Wars since Release ----

Here 2 out of X tries:

- 0:24 (you can find this clickable - below the video)

- 2:53

Note: In a gaming session it happens at most Once, since here I repeatedly did what creates the bug in short succession, within 3 minutes.

---- Details: ----

- Based on Camera Movement via Mouse, Left Click

- I had the UI on when this happened, my tests without UI (alt+Y) weren't giving results, but then I didn't test it without UI alot, only before this video.

- It doesn't seem to be based on how much I move the mouse, I could reproduce it with the slightest movement, it simply happens at the beginning (when clicking and moving)

- It can happen in the most different places, without obstacles, as you can see here. (I noticed the bug here when buying materials, and decided to create a video showcasing it finally)

---- Reproducibility: ----

- As you can see it is reproduce-able. Sometimes at some positions I couldn't reproduce, looking at a limited time

- I know several people who know about this, but it is never considered a biggy, but a rare/occasional occurrence.

---- This is bug of this game and Not based on the user: ----

- I reproduced this on different machines

- I reproduced this with several years difference (at release and NOW, wondering it hasn't been fixed...)

- If it matters all machines had Windows, 64 bit (one was windows 7, today it's windows 10)

- It exists ONLY in this very game

Edited by HottesIce

-- I come back after some inactivity -- regarding to the bug report in this thread, while the free view is available now --

Hi, Unfortunately I noticed after all this time - 8-9 years since this post , the camera turn bug is not fixed !?

This is about an Occasional but persisting bug:

General: Still in 2020:

- My camera sometimes jumps slightly by several degrees (sometimes more than slightly...)

- So sometimes it can happen you suddenly look into the air or another direction... most often just slightly.

Detail:

- when using mouse-camera-view: right button to look around, and also when I used the left button to look around

- happens when walking and standing still, no difference, from my recent experiences.

- difficult to determine what causes it.. there were not obstacles each time, so they don't cause it, etc.

looking around shouldn't make more than you tell to...

I know some/many people don't use the mouse-camera-view but others do...

So.. yea would be cool if maybe in the next year or two a dev read this.

Note: This is the same after several years: New Hardware, new everything. Other games work fine!

Thanks

The camera bug you are referring to is a DirectX 9c bug that effects all games that use Microsoft's DirectX 9c. You can only Mitigate the problem but not fix it unless Microsoft does and they have already stated that since it only happens during DirectX 9c games and that DirectX 9c is no longer supported they will not Fix it.

The main cause is when you click on a mouse button with your Cursor near the edge of the screen. It CAN but not always cause your view to point Up, and turn to the Right 180 deg.

As I said you can Mitigate it by turning the Mouse speed to 0 in SWToR settings. But there is NOTHING that will fix it and nothing BW can do either.