Let /ignore hide GTN listings

Pricia

Pray what is a scammer’s listing?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. The core request is "I /ignored that player, so I want to not see that player's GTN listings", presumably because if I'm ignoring / blocking a player, I *also* don't want that player to be able to profit from the time and credits that I spend on the GTN.

no thanks, i want to be able to buy at the cheapest price. If you are an <redacted> and I ignore you, but your stuff is millions cheaper, or priced wrong, etc. I still want to be able to see them, so I CAN BUY THEM. .Alternately if you ignore me for a stupid reason, etc. I still want to be able to sell you my quality goods are *ahem* reasonable prices ;)

Just because we can't see each other in chat, doesn't mean we can't profit from each other :rak_03:

Edited by DarkTergon

no thanks, i want to be able to buy at the cheapest price. If you are an <redacted> and I ignore you, but your stuff is millions cheaper, or priced wrong, etc. I still want to be able to see them, so I CAN BUY THEM. .Alternately if you ignore me for a stupid reason, etc. I still want to be able to sell you my quality goods are *ahem* reasonable prices ;)

Just because we can't see each other in chat, doesn't mean we can profit from each other :rak_03:

Spiteful ire seems to be the core of the OP's want, trying to completely ghost another player. Their choice if they wish to behave that way, but I'm like you, Machiavellian enough to want the lowest price even if it is my worst enemy hawking the wares.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I feel I should add something I didn't say above. My previous post was meant as my interpretation of the request, but I, too, want to be able to stick it to that person in a case of "not enough zeros" or similar, and I can only do that if I can see that person's listings.

Giving way so another person can purchase the seller's items isn't much of a stick.

Giving way so another person can purchase the seller's items isn't much of a stick.

I'm thinking of the cited case where the (...) lists an item with fewer zeros than planned at the end (ten thousand instead of ten million, for example). I'd snap that up in an instant just to spite him. (He merited a /ignore, so he more than merits a bit of spite.)

Well, to explain my thought - I don't want to accidentally buy the scammer's listing.

I'm talking about people who sell cartel packs for 900 million or something, hoping someone won't pay attention and buy that instead of the hypercrate. Yeah sorry, I'd rather not see that person's listings at all.

Well, to explain my thought - I don't want to accidentally buy the scammer's listing.

I'm talking about people who sell cartel packs for 900 million or something, hoping someone won't pay attention and buy that instead of the hypercrate. Yeah sorry, I'd rather not see that person's listings at all.

That's not a scammer.....that's your fault for not looking at the list properly. A person that does that, and it works is an opportunist, and to be honest, they have big kahunas lol.

I've never bought anything for too much, because I always check. I've bought things that were way below price, as the person mispriced or wanted to sell quickly, now if this person was on my ignore list, and you got your wish, I would have never profited from that.

Alternatively I have listed stuff and lower prices by mistake, including some real expensive stuff (forgetting a zero, or two) but you can bet whoever got it wouldn't have cared if I was on their ignore list, or vice versa, they scored big. It happens, it's a lesson, don't play the gtn when tired, or after a few drinks...lol

That's not a scammer.....that's your fault for not looking at the list properly. A person that does that, and it works is an opportunist, and to be honest, they have big kahunas lol.

I've never bought anything for too much, because I always check. I've bought things that were way below price, as the person mispriced or wanted to sell quickly, now if this person was on my ignore list, and you got your wish, I would have never profited from that.

Alternatively I have listed stuff and lower prices by mistake, including some real expensive stuff (forgetting a zero, or two) but you can bet whoever got it wouldn't have cared if I was on their ignore list, or vice versa, they scored big. It happens, it's a lesson, don't play the gtn when tired, or after a few drinks...lol

It may also be too that the seller is a complete novice at marketing and thinks an asking price of 700 million credits is meaningful, so there may not necessarily be any malice / scamming intended in the sale, and the stupidity / ignorance rests with the seller.

That's a generous view, certainly, of what people are doing, and I'm quite aware that most the people selling ridiculously-overpriced items are hoping buyers don't know how to use the sort functions. There must be some success at that or they wouldn't keep doing it.