How to Get Companion M!-4X back?

SlayMain

So as a Trooper I am trying to get my companion M1-4X back. I completed Chapter 9 and did Yuun's quest and Yunn is now unlocked and I also received about a dozen alerts. One alert is about M1-4X but I think that is for anyone to unlock M1-4X which I think means doing a lot of PVP and I don't do PVP. Am I wrong, do I have to that alert? If it's another alert to get him back, I don't see anything in the alerts descriptions about getting M1-4X back. A long time ago I used a lot of companion gifts to max out his rank to level 50 so I really want my M1-4X back. Any help sure would be appreciated... thanks in advance. Oh,, there was a terminal in the Alliance War room for getting back some companions without doing alerts but M1-4X was not offered there even though a few others were. Edited by SlayMain
add more info

So as a Trooper I am trying to get my companion M1-4X back. I completed Chapter 9 and did Yuun's quest and Yunn is now unlocked and I also received about a dozen alerts. One alert is about M1-4X but I think that is for anyone to unlock M1-4X which I think means doing a lot of PVP and I don't do PVP. Am I wrong, do I have to that alert? If it's another alert to get him back, I don't see anything in the alerts descriptions about getting M1-4X back. A long time ago I used a lot of companion gifts to max out his rank to level 50 so I really want my M1-4X back. Any help sure would be appreciated... thanks in advance. Oh,, there was a terminal in the Alliance War room for getting back some companions without doing alerts but M1-4X was not offered there even though a few others were.

As a trooper, since the companion was part of your original crew and if you had already gotten his influence over 10, you do the alliance alert, talk to him and he joins you right away

There is none. You encounter T7 *immediately* upon starting Chapter 2 of KotFE, although it doesn't become available as a companion until later (for everyone).

Jedi Knight: story complete, alerts complete, still no T7. "Later" means: not this update.

I used the chapter 7/8 workaround for two years. We could start chapter 8, meet T7, and then leave. That gave us a working companion for crafting, and an open, non-declineable mission. This no longer works.

It's not a workaround. It's the way you're supposed to get T7 back. And what exactly do you mean by "This no longer works"?

As a Jedi Knight, where is the alliance alert for T7?

My new Guardian has T7 as a companion, but I don't recall at what point I got it back. I skipped a lot of KOTFE/ET content and it may have just been the result of default choice. 🤔

(I did not use the terminal in Odessen to get T7 and it wasn't an Alliance Alert.)

Edited by JediQuaker

My new Guardian has T7 as a companion, but I don't recall at what point I got it back. I skipped a lot of KOTFE/ET content and it may have just been the result of default choice. 🤔

(I did not use the terminal in Odessen to get T7 and it wasn't an Alliance Alert.)

I am glad that not every Jedi Knight is having T7 stripped off by KotFE. This 4 year old bug starts when a player re-runs an early chapter.

In 5.0, some of us grinded gear by running MM chapter 2 (A Dream of Empire): the dream sequence with the Monolith at the end. This made T7 disappear for Jedi Knight, so we used the workaround (chapter 8) to get our original companion back.

When 6.0 dropped, I had T7 in my roster from using the workaround, and an open, non-declinable chapter 8 mission. The first thing I did was re-run chapter 2. I use the mobs and boss as a training dummy. Once the chapter was finished, T7 was gone again. I started chapter 8, met T7, and orbed to my stronghold. This time it didn't work. T7 disappears from my roster as soon as I leave the area, or when he leaves during the storyline.

CS has not answered my ticket, but that is where this issue must go.

Edited by sayNih

Ah, OK, I see what's going on. The T7 problem is the guest-companion / Darth Marr / HK-55 / Darth Acina trick that was disabled when Jedi Under Siege launched. It was, apparently, always a bug that you could exit the chapter and be accompanied by those companions, and the Ossus release removed the bug, probably to prevent people running around with Anri or Tau. Maybe. They didn't say what it was they wanted to fix by fixing the bug.

People complained about the new bug that you couldn't take Marr / Acina / HK with you, and BioWare explained that it wasn't a new bug, but a fix for an old bug, but that because it was mostly harmless for those companions, they would look into setting things up properly so that we could exit a chapter and keep a guest companion around, but without breaking the thing they wanted to fix.

Anyway, all that blither means that my statement about T7 was inaccurate. Returned-T7 doesn't become a full companion until you finish Chapter IX (arrive on Odessen, play the cantina scene, talk to Senya, be promoted from Commander to Commander(1), and make the big speech, then begin Chapter X). Play through to there and you'll have a full T7.

(1) For Agents only.

I checked the Companion Locator Terminal and have no Alliance Alert.

I agree that the workaround was disabled at some point, and that is unfortunate.

I re-ran chapter 9, and some others: still no T7. This was a complete run to the end. When we re-run a chapter, it does not automatically start the next chapter.

Remember: nothing we do when repeating KotFE chapters (other than chapter 2) makes any difference, including returning companions. It did not work.

I have also discovered that CS never got my ticket, that the in-game ticket system is also bugged. After several attempts I now have a good ticket open (with a positive number).

Edited by sayNih