The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I've decided after last night to never stay with a group when a "fleet troll" is also in the group. Had lots of problems with them for various reasons over the years, but you'd think I would have learned my lesson by now.

This naked fellow gets off to a nice start by accidentally putting his fleet trolling into the ops chat and then repeating it in fleet, while we're waiting for someone to get to us so we can proceed into the op.

We're in TFB and he's doing fine until the second boss(es). Dies to the green circles and says he's preoccupied irl with something very important...

Get to Operator IX and he starts attacking the hologram in the center of the room. Over and over, never moving, constantly attacking the hologram. We pull him out of the circle towards the console when he needs to be channeling, and he runs back to the same exact spot in the center and proceeds attacking the hologram. We all yell at him and he continues doing the same thing. He laughs in chat, and after wiping the rest of the group, he says he's still preoccupied, even though he hit YES on the ready check before we started.

There was all sorts of this crap going on last night. I think, on top of not playing with fleet trolls, I'm going to avoid running any pug ops during the op cxp bonus days. There were multiple other reasons last night sucked for pugging that all added up to a very frustrating 3 hours of wasted time where only two bosses were ever killed between two groups and my command boost and stims went to waste.

And note to the guys LFG with "Must Have"'s--you should either meet or exceed your own expectations on your "must have"'s before you start judging other people.

From the old....

As a trooper I got yelled at for picking need (I only do this if other people are needing) a piece of aim gear... They wanted it for their companion :rolleyes:

Reason #2935 I don't do heals: Got yelled at, and subsequently punted (both from FP and guild) by the fake tank (was dps spec but a jug) for not healing him. Yet he was constantly breaking LOS and wouldn't give me time to recharge between fights.

For the new....

Our group decided to replace a guy that bailed with a companion. Tank insisted we use his companion to heal even though his influence was only 17 ... I pointed out that mine was 32 (I had a ton of gifts to use when I started that toon) but he claimed his would still be better because he was a real level 70 and I was only 40.

After he died repeatedly it was my fault for taking too much damage (which I did because he didnt taunt or anything) and his companion couldn't keep up with the heals :rolleyes:

Had a problematic TFP today. Was on my max level Sentinel with a guildmate on her level 41 DPS Sage. We queued, got Legacy of the Rakata with a supremely impatient level 70 DPS Commando and a level 45 DPS... something who never said a word, quit the group on the beach and aggro'd all the beasties before being removed.

We queued for a replacement.

Impatient Commando ran on ahead, told us to take us out of groupfinder "because his companion is better" and started the Rancor fight while I was still typing to ask who was on koltos, who was kiting the Rancor, etc.

Anyways, the new 4th materialised during the Rancor fight (don't they always?) :p

Impatient guy yelled at my guildmate for queuing us. I told him to get over himself.

As anticipated, the companion vanished once the new 4th got close enough, and my guildmate got a teensy bit killed, leaving me and Impatient guy to 2-man the rest of the fight, which we did.

New 4th was a DPS Guardian. Level 42, not very chatty either.

More infighting as we headed towards the second boss. Commando was all "We can skip these guys" and I reminded him that half our team still needed xp so fighting things for their benefit wasn't an issue for me.

Second boss started before I could finish checking if everyone knew the drill (quell bon surprise).

My guildmate got a bit killed by a lag spike but otherwise the fight was ok.

Then her connection went wibbly just before the final battle. She couldn't click the door.

I told the others to wait because something had "clearly gone kerflooey" but they got nasty and kicked her.

On principle, I refused to do the last boss with them after that, told Commando guy exactly what I thought of him, failed to kick him, then left the instance, advising him to... attempt procreation with himself.

No-one screws with my friends.

So yesterday evening, it was me.

A friend who's just started a jug tank and me on my top merc were queueing for FPs. He did the queueing because he wanted to select FPs that are easy as he only knew tanking from vanguard. We've been doing this for a few nights now and so I knew what to expect. Right, so Boring Party Veteran pops, and I'm less than intrigued because it's... well... boring. There's a healer who looks and acts like a droid, and another dps who's also a merc. So we start and I think it's a bit slow going. Blame it on the other DPS, probably not so great. So after a while there's a discussion without a real result whether to do bonus or not. I'd prefer not to but say I don't care. Still, no decision is made and we go on and then we go back because someone suddendly wants to do it and we skipped some jedi on the way. I'm getting more and more annoyed at this point. I just want to finish this worthless little starter vet FP and be done with it and do something worthwhile.

When we get to the jedi boss, I jump in, knowing I can handle it, and........ I melt. The healer is right behind me, and I melt. I'm a little pissed and I write ":(" in chat, and the healer says "not <droid's name> fault" and I think yeah right, that should've been easy. Still a bit weirded out by the fact I melted so quick. Oh well, bad hair day or something. Also, bad healer.

When we get to the skippable champion guy that you normallly run around on the left side, our tank dies. Healer says its their fault this time. I'm.... a little irritated by all of this.......

When we get to the bonus boss, the droid guy asks if we want to do this old-style or quick. I'm all for quick so I focus the engineer. He dies, we die. Huh? Didn't it work like that in veteran? How strange.....

it was only when we were fighting the last bosses that I actually checked and realized we were in master mode the whole time. Rarely felt this stupid.

Only one weirdo really.

Some dude who felt compelled to rant about ERPers ruining RP in the game at any available opportunity.

Funny thing is afterwards I was doing stuff on Nar Shaddar and the same guy was STILL banging on about it in the chat.

When I came back and logged in after 2 hours, he was on Drommund Kaas ranting on.

Talk about one man crusade.

Only one weirdo really.

Some dude who felt compelled to rant about ERPers ruining RP in the game at any available opportunity.

Funny thing is afterwards I was doing stuff on Nar Shaddar and the same guy was STILL banging on about it in the chat.

When I came back and logged in after 2 hours, he was on Drommund Kaas ranting on.

Talk about one man crusade.

Was he doing that ranting during a groupfinder activity (i.e. inside the flashpoint, uprising or Op) ? Otherwise it doesn't count for this thread. ;)

I love this thread and finally got a decent one, here it goes.

So it starts out with me saying to myself, "<Character Name> (because that's what I call myself in my head) I want the Kaon Veteran Mode cheevos, so I ask my bro to help me so he hops on his Shadow Dps and I recruit for some others, instantly get a Shadow, and Sent. So we are off with a Sent, Shadow (weird one), my bro Shadow, and me on my Sent.

We zone in and the Shadow (who will now be called weird) and I are waiting for others, Weird starts cracks jokes about licking butts and way too many dick jokes. I let him talk and he stops, he leads the group into unnecessary fights( the big room that you can ride the wall through and kill mobs by the door, and road to spaceport), I tell them to follow me and get no reply, repeat 2-3 times.

We get to Expulsar bonus and decide to kill it, he ignored the koltos and adds. After 2 wipes we down it. We down final boss easy and head to convo, which is bugged. Half of us are on the overhead platform, and the other two of us are right behind boss. We spend 10 minutes trying to get it and Weird leaves, 5 minutes later I leave, as I am zoning into fleet my bro says he got it. I hate bugs. :mad:

Edited by codysmoke

We down final boss easy and head to convo, which is bugged. Half of us are on the overhead platform, and the other two of us are right behind boss. We spend 10 minutes trying to get it and Wierd leaves, 5 minutes later I leave, as I am zoning into fleet my bro says he got it. I hate bugs. :mad:

If you are affected by this bug (if the convo appears downstairs for you, that is), just leave the instance and load back in. You'll have to run back, but the bug will be gone.

We were on a Hammer Station yesterday where the fourth didn't even login to the FP until after we cleared the first boss and then managed to get themselves killed, twice, with all the trash cleared between the first and second boss. We finally had enough and vote kicked, then finished the FP with a companion.

And people complain when players get mad about this kinda stuff, really grinds my gears. I know people have lives outside SWTOR and maybe they are just not great at the game, fine that's all good but why que if you don't join then continually die lol....just do some solo PVE content and get better or stay for the FP and ask for tips and make it look like you trying. I like to consider myself a nice person but there are some people on swtor that push me to limit smh :D

Was he doing that ranting during a groupfinder activity (i.e. inside the flashpoint, uprising or Op) ? Otherwise it doesn't count for this thread. ;)

Well, yeah. He died twice so he had plenty of time (veteran False Emperor).

The rest is just fluff.

Wanted to tell this one for a while, but kept forgetting about it.

Czerka Core Meltdown, HM. Party: me (Commando dps), Commando heal, Guardian tank and somebody else.

For reasons unknown Guardian obsessed with corner pulls. He repeatedly gathers all mobs in area, and brings them to us. (It's something I never saw anyone do in this particular FP) But he doesn't actually warn anyone that he's doing that, so.... yea. It ends in his death at least once. Healer is not a big fun of this, neither am I, Guardian doesn't care and keep doing, 2 dps never said a word during tne entire FP.

We down 2 bosses. Guardian continues to gather all mobs and bring to us. After another not particulary successful fight (I think someone died), guardian and healer start arguing, because tank blames him for people dying, and healer isnt happy with him. They argue all the way to the Vigilant and during the fight, I didnt have time to read the exchange, but I looked at it later.

Their argument ends in a stalemate: healer decides to heal everybody except the tank, and tank refuses to tank until healer changes his mind. Meanwhille Vigilant staying on his platorm, since tank refuses to pull until healer will heal him.

I see that this is going nowhere and I really want to be done here, so I pull Vigilant instead. Well I try to, since when I attack him he pulls me to him instead. I never play tank, I didnt know Vigilant even can do that, so I am in a little panic and I jump down, boss is following me. I proceed to tank him, since, hey, I am Commando, i have 3 lifes and we have a healer who actually heals me, so.... yea. We kill the boss and end FP.

Edited by Gelious

On my tank a while back, get a Directive 7 veteran FP with a healer, a level 70 commando dps, and another dps. Like pretty much every other Directive 7 group, I avoid the unnecessary mobs, skip the bonus since it takes too long, etc. The commando pulls a few mobs, I tank them, no big deal. Then we get to that mini-boss (that giant droid with the 2 turrets), me and the other 2 players go on by, wait for like a minute while the commando hasn't moved, then they decide to pull the boss. I type "...." in the chat, we beat the boss; I made a comment telling the commando there's no need to pull everything without us. Commando retorts by saying they wouldn't have to if I hadn't just run ahead for every mob. I inform the commando that I'm a tank. Commando replies with: "I don't give a rat's *** what you are." I'm like "K." and lazily sort of tank the last boss, letting the commando get aggro a couple of times and clear it.

Don't know why a level 70 player would need to attack nearly every mob in a flashpoint. They don't need xp, and it's a terrible rate for getting cxp. I always let the tank set the pace in FPs, didn't know some people think it's an issue if the tank decides to skip mobs. :rolleyes:

If you are affected by this bug (if the convo appears downstairs for you, that is), just leave the instance and load back in. You'll have to run back, but the bug will be gone.

If you go to your Stronghold and back you don't have run back.

• 2 weeks later...

So me on my Sin alt, 2 other sins and a PT were doing Hammer Tactical.

We get to the 1 boss, 1 sin gets aggro, gets the beam, dies. 2 sin receives aggro, gets the beam, dies too. I get the aggro, get the beam and stacks, hit Force Shroud, lose the stacks, me and PT kill boss.

Why other sins couldnt do that is a mystery. Okey, one had like 100k hp, maybe new. Other had 128k+ hp. How come?

Got a pop for Korriban HM, group is operative healer, sniper, me, and a tank 58 level. Sniper is still at Section X, doesn't bother to come in

Me: Tank, please tell me, you know your stuff;D

Tank: Maybe

Healer: *leaves*

Me: Sniper, are you coming?

Sniper: *silence through entire ordeal*

Tank: *leaves*

Sniper: (who is still at Section X) *leaves*

Edited by Gelious

I had one experience in Athiss HM. One dps stayed AFK at the entrance of the flashpoint when we were grabbing the bombs. Eventually, the DPS disconnected, we waited for a few minutes until we decided to vote-kick him. After he got removed and we queued for a replacement, the healer left without explanation. We tried to 2-man the first boss with our companions but we ended up hitting enrage so we decided to call it.

I had a Dreadful PuG experience in Dread Palace:

1. Bestia: So the main tank initiates a ready check and one healer is not ready. He waits a few seconds before doing another ready check. This time it says the group is ready, the healer then starts complaining in all caps that he wasn't ready, saying that he was respeccing. We wipe since the gold adds were not getting burned fast enough, the healer still speaks in all caps and the offtank tells him to scroll up since he clicked that he was ready.

During the second try we cleared it although the healer was killed due to one of the tanks losing aggro on one of the beasts. The healer rudely asks for a rez and a few moments after he was rezzed he died from the AoE.

2. Tyrans: The main tank was keeping him facing away from the group but the offtank taunted him so he is facing towards the group. The offtank eventually dies from the inferno and the healer begins complaining once more and later dies from the fire as well.

3. Calphayus: It starts out fine but during the second time when the portals open up, everyone entered the left one and only the healer was staying in the right portal, we had to stuck it. Luckily the second try went a little bit more smoothly.

4. Raptus: When the challenges open up, none of the DPS enter their portals so Raptus gains the buff. Whenever the offtank got aggro of Raptus, he moves around during the Force Execution phase so everyone gets damaged. The main tank tries to keep him in the center instead of the pillars. The main tank then dies from a combination of the knockback and getting hurled into the air. We barely cleared the boss.

5. Dread Council: The main tank volunteers to tank Calphayus. When the offtank asks what he should do, one of the DPS replies that he should tank calphayus. So when the main tank is tanking Calphayus, the offtank grabs him and the main tank tells him to go for bestia instead. The off-tank doesn't listen so the main tank ends up tanking both Bestia and Calphayus. During the burn phase, the dps kill the bosses in the wrong order so we barely cleared them.

After that, I was so glad the nightmare was over.

Every operation should have a bridge boss like the one in SnV, and relatively early in the op, so the rest of the team would know how many first timers and could explain mechanics to them before wiping. Because they never tell if you ask "any first timers?"... :rolleyes:

That's usually because the answer in the affirmative leads to a mass exodus of players, most pugs hate having to bother training a newbie. Not all the time but a lot of the time.

That and nobody likes admitting it in the first place.

Clearly I'm in the minority - I always admit if I'm new or a little rusty at something.

I do, too. And lately I've been warning people if I'm going to take a while to load into the instance, because I'm saving money for a better computer.

That being said, people who are trying to PUG an op should say while they're recruiting if they want people who have done the raid before. Usually, this is reserved for harder raids as well as TOS and Rav, but you should said "please have cheevo" while you're recruiting. And people should be patient with newbies. Obviously, you have every right to be angry if the newbie isn't listening, but if they're trying, remember you were once new as well.

Well this was a weird run of Mandalorian Riders HM....

For starters, it was marked as a FP in progress, but when I loaded in, they all were at start point and haven't killed anything. Perhaps somebody left as soon as he got the FP? In hindsight, whoever left did a right thing, and I really should have done the same...

The group are - me (tier2-4 geared dps sin with 129khp ), jugg tank with 115k, operative heal and dps jugg, both below 110k. No one says anything at any point, ever, complete silence.

First boss, i place target on right add, we wipe. On second try I place target on right, flame on left, we wipe again. On third try I finally write tactics in chat. No response. We kill the boss.

I have no idea what's the kill order on 2 boss, but someone put target on Knight, we kill them all without problems.

We wipe again on bonus boss, because tank gets knocked to death. I explain about kiting and red stuf. Once again, no response whatsoever. We kill the boss.

Last boss is where the real fun begins. I explain about turrets. We atttack... and wipe again and again, usually on the second set of turrets, sometimes on first. I dunno why, I dont have time to watch what others do, At least once I saw tank lose all his HP and die, even through healer was at full energy. Other times the aggro goes to me and other people instead of tank. I also saw tank attacking guns instead of boss - I don't play tank, but is he supposed to do that? I doubt it.

I take a closer look at my group. Only one of them is guilded, but they all have Russian nicknames, (I know, because I am Russian myself, but you can't tell that fact from my nick) To check my guess, I write in chat using translit for russian letters. Yep, I was right. They speak Russian. 3 russian players in one group, what are the chances? (I say 3 because I was there completely by accident)

Either way. we make a few more tries. then they all quit. not just the FP, but the game itself, still without saying a word after our short exchange. I don't know what to think. Did they ragequit? Were they just bad, or did I get trolled by fellow Russians? All of the above?

All I know i wasted almost an hour and plenty of money for almost nothing....

Edited by Gelious

So here's me, bored late one night and I queue for a few things. Got a tactical fp pop and I see a lvl70 sorc as a healer, a lvl40 mara and a lvl38 sniper in the list (i'm on my lvl70 hunter). Ok, not so bad. There's a healer and I've got pretty decent gear. I can carry lower levels if I need to as long as we don't get Manaan (for the timed last boss) or Blood Hunt (I'm looking at you, Jos and Valk!). We've all clicked accept and we zone into....

...Blood Hunt.

Lovely.

Our Sorc healer immediately pipes up with "I hope we've all done this before." To which, our sniper answers: "Actually, this is my first time here, I'd appreciate a quick rundown of the tactics." The mara then feels brave enough to also admit that it's their first time in the FP too and they would also like some pointers.

The sorc just responds with "LOL!! Here's tactics: do solo mode!" and then *finger quotes* disconnects */finger quotes*.

/le sigh

I bust out Torian, stick him in healing stance and decide to be honest with them: we can give it a try, but we probably won't get very far, given that they are both mid-level and neither have done this FP before. But at the very least, they will get to see Jos and Valk.

We get the first boss down with few problems and clear out two of the pre-arena mini bosses. I make sure they understand the layout of the room and where they will need to try to stay before we clear the lass pre-arena boss and have the PITA couple spawn.

We clear the last mini-boss and I explain the tactics and abilities of that wonderful couple.

To no surprise, we wiped on the first try with Jos and Valk. The knockback strength was underestimated and Torian got stuck looking pretty at the side of the arena and spent 4 minutes doing Sweet FA before he also took a lava bath! But we managed to get to the last phase.

Round two: A quick recap of tactics, I clarified a few points and we went again...

And killed them. We actually freakin' killed them! Jos. And Valk. I killed Jos and Valk with a lvl38 and a lvl40 and a comp healer.

We also managed to drop Shae on the first try too. I know she's pretty much cake after the horror-couple from the bowels of Corellian hell, but her AoE and her game of "half the floor is lava" can catch you out if you don't expect it.

But these guys made it. *sheds a small tear* I am so proud of them!

TL: DR

So what's the weird thing here? I got an elitist snob who decided to bail rather than give two players who were new to a FP a chance - not weird.

I got not one, but two players who were brave enough to say "I'm new to this FP, please help" - WEIRD!

I got two, mid level, new-to-the-FP players who listened to tactics and executed them flawlessly on the second try... in BLOOD HUNT! That's mind-blowingly weird.

Edited by tuulem