Petition: Server Transfers

UlaVii

Could say the same about you, you're spending the time of your life to kvetch about people who kvetch about video games. This is a gaming forum, talking about the game is what we're here for, to talk about issues and improvements. It's a pretty straightforward concept, I don't know why that's difficult for you to understand.

Some people don't just "live with change" and just accept everything you know...

EXACTLY! It's like me going to a soccer teams fan forum and complaining about them wasting their time talking about something as meaningless as soccer...or an ETSY forum complaining about them wasting their time on crafts.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXACTLY! It's like me going to a soccer teams fan forum and complaining about them wasting their time talking about something as meaningless as soccer...or an ETSY forum complaining about them wasting their time on crafts.

HEY!!! Bad analogies is MY thing :(

Edited by CrazyCT

90cc's was a server hopper pass and had while it gave many folks a chance to test the waters of other servers it had negative effects on the GTN economy. They gave us a one week heads up of the change and if you missed it then you can't say you weren't warned. The cheap transfers probably also hastened the population demise of servers on the fine line of life and death.

Yesterday I had to move a toon and paid the 1000cc's and was fine with it cause it's a one way trip. I"m optimistic that this curbing of rampant server hopping will allow them to really take a census of the existing server populations and if some are truly experiencing low Quality of Life issues then they be rolled into a healthier server, e.g. Jung Ma into Ebon Hawk.

If they leave the servers open, I don't see it as wrong at all. If Bioware wants to stop players from doing that, they can do exactly what SWG did and lock them...otherwise, it's an insignificant issue.

I see it wrong when you take advantage of a situation but we are not going to agree on this.

No matter how unpopulated a server is, I believe there are at least 500 players in there at prime time. Assume 300 are lvl 65 and assume 50 only are interested in the newly released content and you will never be able to find a quiet place to do your mission, in any server, unless you wait a couple of days. Believe me, if you go TRE and try to get blizz now, you will see 2-3 people there, max. It is all about timing, not population (unlike queue pops which is about both).

I found that if I did that quest and some of the others that are problematic with "too many people" at 10:00 my time (EU) on my US server it's fine. This is more toward HMs that are "outdoors" (gotta love it when you are clobbering through a path full of mobs to get to the objective and some arse comes along and snags what you were trying to get to. Anyway, the last time I did the Blizz one (late last week), I thought as you say here that "oh surely people are done with this by now". Nope. Same thing albeit not quite as insane.

But, as I said, if BW thinks mergers are needed, that's fine. I'll judge how I feel about it if/when it's happened. I'm fine with things as they are but I also know that BW will do as they see fit, when they see fit and agitating, hollerin' etc. is not likely to have too much effect.

if only you had a means to transport your gear idk like something that could be shared with legacy

That is just ridiculous, show me how you transfer relics/implants/ear pieces when you're so smart

To quote a long forgotten user on the forums of a dead MMO:

"There was less uproar when they changed health care providers at my huge, publicly traded company."

Some of you really don't have much else in life to do than kvetch about videos games.

Wish I had that kind of time, all the time and still afford to pay my mortgage.

So your preferred method of entertainment has/is changing...learn to live with change or get mauled by life.

SWTOR is just entertainment, nothing more and it will not last forever - enjoy it while you can.

*nod*

Sometimes, when I see what people get irate about, I want so badly to trade lives with them. :)

I love gaming, but it's still...gaming.

That is just ridiculous, show me how you transfer relics/implants/ear pieces when you're so smart

Fine, keep your relics and earpiece and stay on a server you don't want to play on.

Or......move and go get yourself another in a lot less time than it will take for Bioware to fix your problem for you. Your gear is obviously more important to you than what server you play on.

Edited by CrazyCT

90cc's was a server hopper pass and had while it gave many folks a chance to test the waters of other servers it had negative effects on the GTN economy. They gave us a one week heads up of the change and if you missed it then you can't say you weren't warned. The cheap transfers probably also hastened the population demise of servers on the fine line of life and death.

What negative effect on the GTN?? I keep hearing this but fail to see anyone explain what it means...so please, give me specific examples of the negative effects it's had, because I don't see them.

People took chances - some paid real life $ (cc) to move to a server where a commodity was cheaper on the GTN so they could pay real money to bring it back...and you think Bioware cares at all what happens with the pretend money? The cc's you're spending are all that count.

Cheap transfers were GOOD for the game.

Edited by TUXs

I think this thread serves as all the more reason to have server merges as a lot of these problems can be solved and avoided rather than cheesing it all with server transfers. Why should the players have to move off a dead server... why cant Bioware merge them?

What is the cost exactly? And what's wrong with giving players stranded a free transfer exactly?

Wait, are you seriously comparing casually playing a video game to an illegal activity?! What the hell lol...it's NOTHING like that. NOTHING at all.

Yes, all these two guys have done in this thread is posting their obnoxious I told you so, it is your fault etc and reducing arguments ad absurdum using idiotic analogies

Bioware: Waves hand You need not pander to these individuals. Waves hand This is not the thread you are looking for.... go about your business..... Move along......

Nice try Bioware employee, first making a thread praising them and then telling them to ignore any negative criticism and outcries of that outcome in hopes of attempt that only you're heard because it affects you positively.

Nice try Bioware employee, first making a thread praising them and then telling them to ignore any negative criticism and outcries of that outcome in hopes of attempt that only you're heard because it affects you positively.

I am fully faithful to Bioware and I love them to death. I agree with everything they do because it is right.

I think this thread serves as all the more reason to have server merges as a lot of these problems can be solved and avoided rather than cheesing it all with server transfers. Why should the players have to move off a dead server... why cant Bioware merge them?

Where you here at the last merger?

If not let me refresh why Bioware has a problem in mergers:

Old Problems:

(1) Guilds- They are not transferred in tact. You have to disband the guild and restart

(2) Guild Banks- They are not transferred. You have to empty the banks and then fight with Bioware for six (6) months to get the token to unlock a new one.

New Problems:

(3) Guild Strongholds-Oh Lord, if they can't transfer guild banks I don't want to see the mess the will make of guild strongholds

(4) Guild Flagships- See above.

Personal

(1) Legacy Banks- They can be messed up when the transferred and dealing with bw on that good luck.

(2) Personal Strongholds- See above (Some people have 5)

(3) Decorations- Though they should transfer they can be messed up as well and dealing with bw on that .

Yes, all these two guys have done in this thread is posting their obnoxious I told you so, it is your fault etc and reducing arguments ad absurdum using idiotic analogies

On TUX's point - if they get a free server transfer, I demand a refund of every CC I've spent on transfers. Why should I have had to pay for a transfer all those times if they are just going to give free transfers to everyone who cries on the forums? What does it cost Bioware to give me several thousand CC's?

And some people like my idiotic analogies. At least I was adding to conversation, not just posting to try to assassinate someones character because I don't like their point of view

Where you here at the last merger?

If not let me refresh why Bioware has a problem in mergers:

Old Problems:

(1) Guilds- They are not transferred in tact. You have to disband the guild and restart

(2) Guild Banks- They are not transferred. You have to empty the banks and then fight with Bioware for six (6) months to get the token to unlock a new one.

New Problems:

(3) Guild Strongholds-Oh Lord, if they can't transfer guild banks I don't want to see the mess the will make of guild strongholds

(4) Guild Flagships- See above.

Personal

(1) Legacy Banks- They can be messed up when the transferred and dealing with bw on that good luck.

(2) Personal Strongholds- See above (Some people have 5)

(3) Decorations- Though they should transfer they can be messed up as well and dealing with bw on that .

I was here for the last merge and I was f2p at the time and only had toons on one server, so it didn't affect me, but I feel bad for the others it did.

While yes, ALL of these are problems with server merges, they are ALL problems when you transfer servers. Basically their making customers PAY for extra service when they should be doing it themselves, merging these serves and finding a workaround to these problems.

On TUX's point - if they get a free server transfer, I demand a refund of every CC I've spent on transfers. Why should I have had to pay for a transfer all those times if they are just going to give free transfers to everyone who cries on the forums? What does it cost Bioware to give me several thousand CC's?

And some people like my idiotic analogies. At least I was adding to conversation, not just posting to try to assassinate someones character because I don't like their point of view

THANK YOU! I spent money on my transfers since the 90 ccs ended last week. It is unfair for ME as a customer to see people get a free pass, a free pass they had for ten months or so while I payed.

when im so smart? sure you go to the gtn and buy a 220 for 1m (TRE price) or craft it for your self then you can transfer it with you ^^

still a better option then rebuilding your entire gear.

What bed is that? He stayed committed to his server? How the hell can you blame the player for this? This is 110% on Bioware, ALL OF IT! They've let servers die. They've let PvP, GSF, PvE all stagnate.

Bioware SHOULD offer free transfers at the very least...these people will quit otherwise. People like you may not give a flip Drake, but Bioware should.

Yea exactly, everyone one else moved in this case, but OP convinced his guild to stay around and said they would do their best to improve the server and create events, now, not even a week after that statement suddenly it's "impossible" and they want Bioware to introduce free transfers. Notice how they "tried their best" for a little less than a week after server transfers prices were changed, most guilds moved from ToFN a long time ago, there is unlikely that more than a few hundred moved the last ~2 weeks, compared to the thousands that moved earlier. Thus, they knew what their sitaution was, how the future would look like but they decided to stay anyway.

Now the want free transfers and Bioware to clean up for their own poor leadership decisions? I had a bit of respect for Stroke My Wookie and Ula Vii before, now it's all gone. If he really wanted the best for his guild, he would have done the same as the other big guilds on his server and moved to TRE earlier when prices was 90 CC, instead he wanted to be the big fish in the dead pond and look how that turned out.

I was here for the last merge and I was f2p at the time and only had toons on one server, so it didn't affect me, but I feel bad for the others it did.

While yes, ALL of these are problems with server merges, they are ALL problems when you transfer servers. Basically their making customers PAY for extra service when they should be doing it themselves, merging these serves and finding a workaround to these problems.

True, but consider this:

If you transfer that is a choice you make and there are less people that have the problem. But if you merge server oh lord you are dealing with more guilds and people and that can put their slow response to the problem further down the line to fix and there are some people that are on servers that are great (mine is) so they are not looking for a transfer nor do they want a merger (I know I don't). A merger you don't have a choice. They pick a server for you and I don't really want to go through that again. My guild picked a roleplay server for a reason and that is where we want to stay.

Yeah!!!

As much as CrazyCT and I absolutely despise one another with a venomous hatred that has surely taken a number of years off our short lives, and no matter how many times we spittle the others name, at least we do it without insults ;)

I kid!!! I appreciate that no matter how stubborn you can be, you seldom resort to name calling.

Yea exactly, everyone one else moved in this case, but OP convinced his guild to stay around and said they would do their best to improve the server and create events, now, not even a week after that statement suddenly it's "impossible" and they want Bioware to introduce free transfers. Notice how they "tried their best" for a little less than a week after server transfers prices were changed, most guilds moved from ToFN a long time ago, there is unlikely that more than a few hundred moved the last ~2 weeks, compared to the thousands that moved earlier. Thus, they knew what their sitaution was, how the future would look like but they decided to stay anyway.

Now the want free transfers and Bioware to clean up for their own poor leadership decisions? I had a bit of respect for Stroke My Wookie and Ula Vii before, now it's all gone. If he really wanted the best for his guild, he would have done the same as the other big guilds on his server and moved to TRE earlier when prices was 90 CC, instead he wanted to be the big fish in the dead pond and look how that turned out.

Sums it up quite well. He made a choice, a choice that was clearly impacted by choices other players made. He made the wrong choice in this case. But it was his choice and he made it. So I really don't see why the studio needs to bend over for his bad choice. This is not a single player game, so other players choices impact other players. This is true for so many things inside an MMO, and is a source for many player complaints when they find themselves on the wrong side of a choice.

Many people simply refuse to take responsibility for their choices and the mistakes that can come from it, when they don't think about the consequences of choices. And it is getting worse over time it seems.